Hunting 500 rainbow mints seeds from arcticgenetics

Phenohunting 500 seeds of rainbow mints from arctic genetics

full moon, put to soak 2 days before moon and over in soil yesterday, running.for the first time a proper sized phenohunt of the #RainbowMints.

Rainbow mints is a cross of animal mints bx1 from seedjunky, pollinated with a rainbow truffle (gelato#33x zkittlezwood) male from uprising seedco.

never tried a hunt of this size and im very excited and just as worried kicking this off as im like most growers these days little to familiar with herm issues at any point in rounds,and of course typical and heartbreakig accidental pollination in some rounds…

that being said, im expecting some fire to be found, putting previous keepers on the maby list after this run💦

wish me luck :pray::seedling::herb::boar::cookie::mango::ice_cream::lollipop::watermelon:

14 Likes

Pics would sure fill in some of the blanks. Maybe not all 500, but…

7 Likes

Now that’s a pheno hunt! Good luck, I’m sure you’ll find alot of interesting stuff in there.

2 Likes

I’m really interested to see how this one turns out… Best of luck to you! I’d be scared of germs with 500 plants to check too lol

2 Likes

will take some more fotos as they are coming along and moved into where they will be flowered.

since i didnt have enough yoghurt cups and i wanted to get all in soil in time for full moon and all, i ended up taking the presoaked seeds into 4 and half empty clone trays instead. which was hell of a lot faster then id imagined:) will force me to transplant earlier but thats probably a good thing:)

heres a picture.of pheno #300something first to show its head

4 Likes

heres that pic:)

thank you for following guys :pray::hugs::sunglasses::grin:

7 Likes

Very interesting. What is your selection process like? or deselection?

How many individuals are you hoping to narrow your test population it down to by the time harvest comes?

3 Likes

Lots to work with. Good luck.

3 Likes

stability, smell and structure is an important factor for me as a grower, smoke test is equally important for me as a grower.

i will narrow it down 2-3 (maby few more since its a rather large hunt, time will tell) phenos I assume, if there is too many i want to keep, i will stress them till its narrowed down (hopefully) to couple strong phenos, checking all the boxes… allthough i dont think it will be necessary, i believe my choosen ones will show themselves in due time:)

stability, smell/taste, structure, flowering time and packing a mean punch when smoked is what i am looking for… if its a good yielder aswell i cant ask for much more. stability and smell being the deciding factors in all my hunts, will also be such in this one.

thanks for great question, sorry im not better prepared for it :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

11 Likes

A million marijuanas. :grin: looks like theyre all popping too. Good Germ rate

2 Likes

Nice start to a pheno hunt.

Any updates, @Terjeperulf?