Hurricane Beryl got me!

Yup The hurricane got me. Was in the eyewall. Trees and power lines down everywhere. My electricity is gone and prob wont return for several days. Gonna lose a few prized possessions. There will be casualties. Anyone else get smashed by Beryl?

27 Likes

Ya only get a like on this one cause I like ya!
@Smooth Hate to hear this buddy. Hopefully the recovery goes well and not too much is lost. You’re in my thoughts, bud! :fist:t3:🪶🪶

9 Likes

Oh fuck Bro. All the best and a fast recovery from my end!

7 Likes

Thanks buddy @NDNCHILD I will be fine. Im a survivor.

6 Likes

I’m sorry to hear Beryl got you, even tangentially, @Smooth. Glad you survived, brother! Here’s hoping for a fast recovery. :+1:

6 Likes

Damn that sucks . Aint got much ,but willing to share . Let me know if I can help . Imagine you got a genset , gas , propane cooker etc . A/C even just a room w/ a window unit if you’re on gen .

2 Likes

Thanks Buddy Im a survivor. I will be fine.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear @Smooth .

If you need cuts when you’re back up and running , let me know.

When tragedy happens around here, my daughter sideways says" it’s an adventure " but one I’m sure you can do without. :thinking::unamused:

8 Likes

Thanks sweetie. Youre a doll.

2 Likes

Man! That sucks out loud, bruh.
Send me your address and I will get some nice beans in the mail. Don’t think I will have anything cutable. But my vault is open to you.

4 Likes

Thanks Bruh. It will be ok. Thanks. Mighty OG of ya.

3 Likes

I may or may not have been fucked by Beryl. I was heading out of town anyways, left on June 27th… was supposed to get back into town two days ago so I at least prepared my grow to last that long. Miraculously, with however many millions of people out of power, ours appears to still be working as I can access our security camera. My neighbor said it flickered a few times but has been reliable… the issue is if it flickered during lights out, a 4 hour window, my timer run off a smart plug will get stuck in the off position and the power might as well be off… the other issue is that if we can’t go back for a few more days, I’m pretty sure the 10 gallons of water I left in the reservoir will be depleted. Such a shit feeling lol, but hey, what can you do? The good news is I went to Vegas and won a little WSOP satellite and just pocketed the money so now I’ll buy the rosin press and bubble bags I’ve been eyeing with free money :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Yo Smooth my friend… sorry to hear about this, living where I do I so understand.
Thinking of leaving Florida for this very concern, each year it’s getting worse .
Do you have a generator or would that even help if gas stations aren’t up with power… grrr.

When you get recovered and back at it, you need any seeds hit me up and I’ll get something otw… until then, prayers your way bro

4 Likes

Thanks Buddy. Ive been without electricity for 2 weeks before when a hurricane took out the electricity. Day 3 here. Im hopeful that by the weekend it will be back on. Thanks for your thoughts and concerns.

5 Likes

@Smooth damn growmie my heart to yours!

:sob:

You got this though, like your plants you are most certainly a fighter!

:boxing_glove:

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I have a generator running and able to keep fairly cool. Just so hot and humid outside. I still have another couple days of chainsaw work. Was lucky to find a new chain for the chainsaw. Not something a 66 year old guy enjoys for sure. Could always be worse. Glad I had no structural damage. The rest will just take time, sweat and maybe a tear or two. Thanks to all who have reached out to me.

9 Likes

Day 4 no power. Expected to be back on Sunday. Ugghhhh

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this. Fingers crossed they surprise you with electric coming back on sooner than stated.

Thanks Buddy.

1 Like

That is an absolute heartbreaker! I don’t have anything too special but if you gotta rebuild on seed collection I’d be happy to send some free ones your way.

2 Likes