Hurricane Ian

For those of us in the path of Ian, I pray that you are ready and will stay safe and that we don’t lose ANY plants. We are very close to where they say he will hit and expect to lose power. I have about 11 plants in early veg, I will have to put in the window when the power goes. Please be safe Floridians, we got this !!

39 Likes

15 Likes

21 Likes

I was down there in the Tampa Bay area 01-08 went thru some doozies, stay safe. Peace :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I’m in Florida myself from the latest forecast the storm will pass almost on top of me. Good times ahead.

12 Likes

Good luck everyone.

9 Likes

im down in miami and have an extra generator if you need it. only a 2k/w but will run a light and fans!
i wish you the best and stay safe. got family all over that part as well.
cape coral, naples, moore haven, la belle. not to mention everyone on the east coast and in the keys.

7 Likes

Just flipped my bog bubble preservation run into flower. Hoping power doesn’t go out. Here in Jax :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Y’all should be in the clear now. How bad was it down there?

3 Likes

It hasn’t even started yet. We have probably had 4" of rain so far, gusts of maybe 20. Another feeder band coming in.

6 Likes

You folks stay safe. If they say to evacuate, don’t screw around. It’s time to get out of Dodge.

8 Likes

Godspeed FL OGers. We’re sending good vibes your way.

6 Likes

Fill your tub with water just incase. Good Luck!

4 Likes
3 Likes

Is it wrong for me to say I am braving the early stages of the storm right now 50 miles east of Tampa trying to catch a stray cat outside my apartment to get it out of the storm…I am way to nice.

14 Likes

@Prince, my plants spent a week in the dark after Hurricane Michael. They looked rough when the lights came back on and in a week or so they were back to growing fine.

There will be a mess to clean up outside when it is over. Stay safe.

4 Likes

Good luck to all you Floridians stay safe for all of you guys that may get power outages I’ve had plans in the dark for up to eight days in veg and did very well

When Shandy hear that we were without power for eight days the first trip and then 10 days a week later we were cooking off of our fireplaces lost a lot of food but we kind of had fun me and the wife it was like camping inside

4 Likes

Rain has been going on for a bit already. Along the bay looking scary.

4 Likes

4 Likes

You guys be careful and keep yourselves safe. You plan on riding it out or are you going to leave?

2 Likes