Hush's hidey hole

Even if there is a delay or whatever it will be worth it. Plus it gives me a chance to order a few new ones. So I’ll be getting Bubba Hash again, for sure, but I’ll probably get 2 more. I’m still undecided. I’m just not sure if I want pure varieties, for upcoming seed making projects, or some of their F1 hybrids, just for head stash. But I really want to get back into pollen chucking, so I’ll probably end up choosing NepJam and PCK, because those are better for breeding stock.

3 Likes

Pollen chucking is just too damn fun! I’ve got some babies I just put into flower. One is Ace’s Panama Haze. I also have some pollen from a really solid looking Cannabiogen Durban male, and pollen from several Ace Malawi x Panama plants I got from @8k_feet. It’s like the gift that keeps giving. :partying_face:

7 Likes

I got the fever too. One day I’m gonna have fun growing out a bunch of stuff nobody else has. I’m already getting a collection of chucking cross seeds to look through. I think some could be special. Let’s hope so!

“gift that keeps on giving “. … so true, the sky is the limit with just a handful of strains to work with. peace

3 Likes

Yeah, I went with the NepJam and the PCK. I think those will be better suited for pollen chucking purposes, and for giving me more consistent-looking progeny than I would have if I were chucking polyhybrid pollen everywhere. Dubi even said he would expedite the order for me, because he knows my garden is on hiatus waiting for the seeds. That is some phenomenal, standout customer service right there! That is why I see no need to go off and give my money to other breeders. Ace has a virtually-infinite variety of genetics, and the customer service is top notch. After looking over all of the stuff in the R&D section of their website, it’s clear that I would never be able to grow out all of their offerings, ever, even if I tried. I love it!

5 Likes

I’m either getting old or being a dad is more distracting than I thought, because I’ve been making a lot of dumb mistakes lately, lol.

I popped my head in the 2x2 tonight to check on the F2s and noticed a few plants were a bit droopy. I couldn’t figure out for the life of me why that would be, as I went through all of my internal troubleshooting checklists… Long story short, I checked the pump timer, and sure enough I never reset it after the last grow. These little things were getting 4 floods a day, poor bastards. On the bright side, there are several who haven’t skipped a beat, so I can make note of which ones did what. That’s helpful data! Anyway, the timer is back to 2 cycles per day again.

I’ll do photos another time. My phone’s dying.

7 Likes

I finally decided to organize all of my seeds. I’ve been keeping them in a motley assortment of various containers for years, so I finally ordered a case of dram vials and a fine-tip, metallic-ink sharpie.

I clearly should have bought an ultra fine-tip sharpie. Oh well. :smile:

10 Likes

The F2s in the 2x2 are doing okay. There are three stand outs. Of those three, one is looking the best, and has been since day 1, while another one just started showing this:

So I’ll keep an eye on it, but the rest of the plants which were looking a little droopy have mostly perked up. For now I’m just observing, that’s all. Not making any big adjustments or anything.

7 Likes

Christmas in October over here in the hidey hole! Looks like I have some rockwool to start soaking. Bubba Hash is next up.

10 Likes

Badass! I’m subbed for seeing how those nepaljams grow.

3 Likes

Yeah, this will be fun! Best vibes.

4 Likes

The F2s are all growing well. They’re being fed with 1 tsp/gal of Foliage Pro and that seems to be the appropriate amount for them right now. They’re all sending out bottom branches now, so that means I can take clones soon, and then flip to flowering.

There’s also one plant that is exhibiting this leaf mutation which I’m keeping my eye on. It seems healthy in every way, so this might be a mutation to look for. You never know.

Also, I just began germinating the Bubba Hash seeds a moment ago. Hopefully in a few days I’ll be putting them in the 3x3.

11 Likes

Those F2’s look perfect to me!!!

3 Likes

Explosive growth going on in the 2x2. I’m going to go ahead and flip to flowering tonight, so this could be considered day zero of 12/12.

14 Likes

Before lights out last night I was inspecting all of the plants and I discovered that there are 5 definite males. So I removed 4 of them to another tent. I chose one to keep in this tent, for now, based on its beautiful, strong structure, but that might change if I decide one of the other four looks better suited for breeding. That leaves me with 4 remaining plants, and only one of those is a definite female. Interestingly enough it is the one with the beautiful leaf-mutation, so I’ll be keeping my eyes on that one. As far as the other 3, they just aren’t showing me any pre-flowers, male or female, so they all get to stay in the tent for now.

The one confirmed female is on the back left, and you can even kind of see the mutation in that photo. It’s sort of like a variegation, but a bit different than what I’m used to seeing in that respect. And the confirmed male is the one on the front right.

10 Likes

Now that the lights are on I was able to take a photo of the female, to show that variegation mutation. Here’s the plant in natural color:

And here’s a close-up of a fan leaf, with heavy color saturation, to show the effect better:

7 Likes

Day 4 in the 2x2:

8 Likes

Just got the 3x3 up and running again. This is Bubba Hash, by Ace Seeds.

I didn’t choose this one… I told dubi I needed nighttime medicine, and I gave him dealer’s choice. He didn’t even hesitate. This was his recommendation. So I got 'em. 5 feminized seeds. All of 'em germinated. I then fucked up while trying to remove a stubborn seed hull and killed one of them. I will say though that they all did seem to need help shedding the hull. I now have 4 seedlings, and we’ll see where it goes from here.

I know I said I’m done with using fabric pots and soilless mixes, and that’s still the plan, but I already took the time and labor to mix the shit and fill the pots before, and they were just sitting there on my kitchen floor. Why throw it away? I just have to pay more attention and not forget to plug in pumps or whatever.

But I am going back to straight up rockwool cubes after this. When I do eventually do single plant runs again, I’ll dump hydroton balls in the flood tray around the cube, or something like that.

7 Likes

Haha! So the seedling that I thought I killed decided to resurrect itself overnight! I just went in the grow room to check on things, and the discarded starter cube was sitting on the shelf where I left it… only now it’s standing straight up again and appears to be shooting new leaves out from where the cotyledons used to be. Since I already planted up the other 4, I’m just going to take this one and put it in the spare tent. Maybe I’ll go ahead and convert the spare tent into a mother space now…

8 Likes

Definitely a bonus and a keeper…

4 Likes

Meet the females from the 2x2. This one has a nice, sweet, skunky kind of smell:

11 Likes