Hyp3rids Cuban Blood Haze Project Drop // 28th July 2023

What’s up great people of Overgrow. If you don’t already know us, we are Hyp3rids. Purveyors of heirloom landrace and classic hybrid lines. @LemonadeJoe was kind enough to allow us a sponsor membership so we can tell you guys all about our new releases. If you’d like to know more about us please visit our official website - www.hyp3rids.com - or check out our IG feed.

Tomorrow is a big day for us as we are about to release a new batch of seeds we’ve been working on for 3 years now, The Cuban Blood Haze Project. There is a shit-ton of information on these lines on our IG feed so fill yourself in whenever you get a few minutes to spare.

I’ll also post some nice hi-res pictures on here so you can get a detailed idea of what to expect from these beans. So without further adieu, here is whats on offer.

Cuban Blood Haze - CBH ‘The Black’ S2 X [CBH ’ The Black’ S2 X Sawa]

23 Likes

Cuban Black Haze S2 Pheno #1 // Hyp3rids Selection

Note: Our CBH S2s were created by our good friend and true OG Kushyman, using S1s made by @thelonetree_ from the original Cuban Black Haze clone aka The Black aka La Negra. This is the original clone predominantly grown in Florida by Cuban/Dominican gangs, with a flowering time of 14-16 weeks.

So this is OUR selection of the CBH S2’s we’ve been growing out. Ain’t she pretty?! She was hands down the looker of the bunch, with perfect structure, insane vigour and an incredible aroma to boot. We picked this girl, not because she is the closet match to the original CBH, but because she totally unique to the other phenos.

Yields are huge with this pheno. The buds are fat and solid and just ooze resin. She smells the loudest of the 4 phenos, think sweet incense / maple. The has the same Xmas tree structure as the ‘Haze’ pheno, but more broader leaves, and thick branches that really support the weight of the buds.

The BIG difference with this girl and the other phenos is that she doesn’t go purple at all. In fact most new growth on her flowers stays a bright limey green colour, with leaves and stems following suit. A lot of old school Haze hounds prefer ‘Green’ haze phenos as the effect they produce is often more cleaner to purple cultivars.

The ‘Pure Haze’ pheno is available with the other Cuban Blood Haze lines, only on our official website, link in bio. She is available in regular 15+ packs, ‘Hunter Packs’ 30+ and the multi-pheno mix.

Lots more info to come…

Hyp3

18 Likes

Cuban Black Haze S2 Pheno #2 // Pure Haze Selection

Note: Our CBH S2s were created by our good friend and true OG Kushyman, using S1s made by @thelonetree_ from the original Cuban Black Haze clone aka The Black aka La Negra. This is the original clone predominantly grown in Florida by Cuban/Dominican gangs, with a flowering time of 14-16 weeks.

This is our CBH S2 pheno 2 selection, one we are calling the ‘Pure Haze’ pheno. She’s 100% sativa however you look at her, but didn’t gone crazy during her stretch into flower. Like the Hyp3rids selection she has perfect structure, and insanely long thin leaves reminiscent of Original Haze phenos. She has that classic Christmas tree look, very natural, very elegant. She goes dark green / purple naturally, but will go black with some cold temps.

Her aroma is gorgeous, think sweet incense / maple, virtually identical to the A5 S1 we grew out earlier in the year. She’s extremely resininess, her leaves shimmer and are wet to the touch. She’s at 11 weeks in these pictures.

The ‘Pure Haze’ pheno is available on the 28th July, with the other Cuban Blood Haze lines, only on our official website, link in bio.

She is available in regular 15+ packs, ‘Hunter Packs’ 30+ and the multi-pheno mix.

Hyp3

15 Likes

Cuban Black Haze S2 Pheno #3 // Montana Selection

This is our CBH S2 pheno 3 selection, one we are calling the ‘Montana’ pheno. We named it that because it’s HHUUGGEEEEE, and our favourite fictional Cuban legend, Tony Montana. I’ve seen this pheno a number of times, she flowers the longest, has the fastest growth, but stretches the most too. If you grow outside, this is your girl. Inside, you’re going to have to top unless you have masses of head room.

Picture 5 has a circle at the bottom of frame where you’ll see where I topped her at node 6, just as she was going into 12/12. Everything above that is stretch. We didn’t use any training other than that one top, and her branches grew into a perfectly even canopy. I must admit I was pretty happy about that…lol.

Her bud structure and aroma re very similar to the ‘pure haze’ pheno, but nowhere near as loud as our number one girl. This pheno is all about insane growth and vigour. If you’re a competent grower, this girl is perfect for SCROG as her bottom branches grow so fast, they overtake her top. She looks pretty bashed up due to us having to move her around, but she’s solid and didn’t give us any problems at all.

Her leaves goes dark green / purple just like the Haze pheno, and she also was the only pheno with purple stems.

The ‘Montana’ pheno is available with the other Cuban Blood Haze lines, only on our official website, link in bio. She is available in regular 15+ packs, ‘Hunter Packs’ 30+ and the multi-pheno mix.

Hyp3

12 Likes

Cuban Black Haze S2 Pheno #4 // El Squato Selection

CBH S2 pheno 4 ‘El Squato’ a week or so before chop…

She shares a lot of similarities with her big sisters including narrow leaves, great symmetrical structure and vigour, but obviously much more compact. Leaves remain dark green in most cases, but she’s also produced a lot of purple as she’s matured. This hasn’t been caused by cold temps as the weather and grow room have been in the 70F’s for at least two months now.

Differences other than the height or mainly with aroma and resin count. All 3 of the big ‘haze’ phenos have the incense / sweet honey maple (especially the Hyp3rids selection), El Squato is more ceder / musk on the nose. As for resin…. nuff said. Just look at her. She freaking sparkles… Due to her faster flowering time (11-12 weeks) those trichomes developed much quicker than her sisters.

The ‘El Squato’ pheno is available with the other Cuban Blood Haze lines, only on our official website, link in bio. She is available in regular 15+ packs, ‘Hunter Packs’ 30+ and the multi-pheno mix.

Hyp3

14 Likes

Wow! Some absolutely epic stuff! Just getting back into some landrace stuff myself and trying to build a decent collection to work through. Look forward to watching your work progress! And welcome to OG👊🏻

2 Likes

Thank you. If exotic lines are your thing, please check out our website for some truly beautiful plants.

1 Like

Already did my friend @Hyp3 very very nice stuff! Maybe one day I’ll be able to add some to my garden.

1 Like

Cuban Blood Haze Project is now live on our website - hyp3rids.com

9 Likes

good to see you here, bro.
the new stuff looks amazing :slight_smile:
your lines do always impress to the max.

hyp3rids has got very high class selections, grab some !!

6 Likes

Love it!..UNREAL…Thank you for all the hard work you put into helping others out. Amazing flowers, good flowering time too…real deal

2 Likes

Wait till you see your C5 Bx I’ve been growing out :wink:

5 Likes

I am very much interested in that Bx. Recently received your Colombian Gold Bx and Legacy Edition. Will pop them soon. With this release, I might just have to visit the shop again :grin:

2 Likes

This is a really nice collection and I love that y’all are doing this - making available these sought after hazes. As people learn to grow their own they start to realize there’s more than what the local dispo sells. Long-flowering is what’s cool

4 Likes

yeah, i remember you growing some of those emperor hazes.
how did they turn out for you, bro? (the c5bx2 i made with those
went out superfast, but i have not seen many grow it out yet.)

i think you grew the “schoolyard haze” too, no? = nlhz bx3)
you gonna use the c5bx for anything? :slight_smile: (the EH-seed came
to me via @coxnox)

4 Likes

I grew out a bunch and selected two ladies which were pretty much identical. One was pollenated with the CBH X Sawa male, the other was grown out for fun. I’ll upload some images later of the one we grew out for fun. She’s short and extremely bulky.

This is her at 7 weeks… Mature pictures will follow…

4 Likes

CBH Project is now live!!!

6 Likes

warm welcome to this Forum @Hyp3. how does the pure Columbian 70s you relased smoke?

1 Like

Hello and thanks @romanoweed

The 1970 Colombian Gold smokes really well. Very upbeat, energising and buzzy. In heavier doses she can get very trippy / psychedelic. The CG Legacy Edition has this too, but can also has an even more intense buzz, borderline speedy…

Hyp3

6 Likes

Hey @santero

Here is your C5 Bx at 11 weeks… Short and STACKING!!

11 Likes