I dont like to smoke - what do you recommend?

This is contrary to almost everything I have ever heard or read about the product. Interesting…

Lecithin is throughout your body and helps it to move nutrients and other compounds around.

1 Like

Like I said that’s my only experience with it. I’m truly not one of those types I eat hotdogs willingly lol. But it made that kind of impression on me. Also recipes that called for titanium dioxide i’d leave out on purpose lol.

1 Like

This is the pseudo science behind it. I skimmed it, but it looks like a 3 minute read.

https://thecompounder.com/what-is-lecithin-is-it-bad/

I think this might be a more definitive source.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-966-LECITHIN.aspx?activeIngredientId=966&activeIngredientName=LECITHIN

2 Likes

@anon32470837,

Glad the caps worked out for you. It was wise to start slow. Like you said, you can’t un-take an extra pill if they ended up too strong. The lecithin is not mandatory, in fact some people do not benefit from it. What it does is emulsify the oil making in blend easier and more evenly. It does this by surrounding the oil and this also helps it stay intact during the first pass through the stomach and liver. This is useful for people with digestion issues. Seems like you have no issues with eating cannabis. It’s worth a try on your next batch if you like. You simply add a few tablespoons and stir over a low heat until it all melts together.

1 Like

Very interesting info on the lecithin - thanks to you all!!

So, would it be of any use to re-heat this batch, and add some lecithin at this point or is it too late?

2 Likes

No, it’s not too late at all. You can find it at most whole foods type stores. I like the soy lecithin granuals.

1 Like

Excellent. I will add some in the next few days and see if I notice any difference int he effect.

1 Like

You could always use the cap as a suppository. Lol it’s funny but would actually work and be extremely effective. It could be very effective for extreme cases like lou garrett’s disease or sickle cell anemia. Always wanted to find out if anyone’s tried this and their experience.

1 Like
4 Likes

LOL I think I will let someone else try that out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Salutations,

Try this instead:

Triple the fun for half the cost of a Volcano.

Not to mention it’s a fast consumption mode also providing associated benefits, as the appreciation of aroma-taste.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Not sure how this works.

Do explain.

learn from the master

4 Likes

Thanks legalcanada! I missed that one when I was first looking at RSO.

I added some lecithin to my coconut oil mix last night. Not sure if it has increased the effectiveness or not, but it did smooth out the solidified oil. Took a long time to dissolve even though I re-heated the mix to 230F.

1 Like

Are you using lecithin powder or lecithin granules?

99%

Granules from the local GNC store. Thats what they had in stock.

It occurs to me to wonder if my re-heating counts as a second de-carb cycle? Or does that only work on raw bud, keif, etc?

One of the things I read recently (I forget where) suggested doing the de-carb cycle twice. They said the second time through increased the sedative aspects of the mixture?

Ive been reading so much lately, not all of it is sticking :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are now ready…lol

Read the PDF from top to bottom until it all makes sense.

This will help you to understand more properties regarding the heating and freezing of your materials.

Live to learn, learn to live.

99%

2 Likes

BadKittySmiles is the one who claims heat/freeze cycles makes the oil more sedative. I assume it works by degrading the THC to CBN.

1 Like

That is just what she says.

99%

Yeah, but I don’t use her methods anymore. :wink:

2 Likes