I have a question🤔

This might be a stupid one, but can boveda or boost humidity packs ruin seed storage?..i know silica packs help with drying pollen but i wonder what storing beans with humidity packs do. I mean its kinda sounds good in theory being that u dont want the seeds to completely dry out and become “barren” right? OR☝🏿…will it create fungus?

1 Like

Humidity prone seeds to germinate, that happened to me in the fridge, they should be kept in dry conditions … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes

No do not store seeds with humidity packs! Seeds need to be dried, even more so than bud, and then you can store safely in the fridge or freezer. I like em in the fridge between 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit and I put silica beads or packs in the zip lock bags with the seed packs. For really long term storage, you can use a Frost-free freezer. But the beans MUST be dry first or they will die as soon as they freeze.

10 Likes

I’d say avoid that 100%.

My seeds are stored in the fridge; and are sealed up in glass vials with a little cotton in there as a humidity catch-all, and these are stored upright in a wooden grid with desiccant packs contained all in glass click-lock containers at around 3-6 degrees C.

5 Likes

I sometimes store seeds in a glass of water for short periods of time.

13 Likes

Me too! Though the kicker is all that work just for 24-36 hours of storage seems silly but I keep on doing it for some reason :thinking:

2 Likes

(I actually don’t even germinate this way I just thought it was funny)

3 Likes

I see. You must do the “shake the seeds in a bag filled with your farts” method then.

6 Likes

It’s got enzymes and electrolytes. I only do it under the light of the crescent moon.

7 Likes

I agree with above, moisture is an enemy of seed storage.

5 Likes

is this Mrs Foreigner holding a flashlight to reflect off your bare ass partially exposed by dropping your pants light a modern hip-hopper?

4 Likes

It’s just modern dance now.

1 Like

Plants crave electrolytes

:joy:

7 Likes

Ctfu🤣!!!

1 Like

See? Now I always thought the best place to store them is between some wet paper towels on top of the refrigerator. Occasionally I just store them in dirt.

Be nice…lol🤣

I wouldn’t, just keep them somewhere dry. Mine are in an airtight Mylar qp bag in my desk/tvstand drawer

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.