I have a shed i need help with

Picture, thousand words kind if thing…
I would also add a manual damper to your front vent above the front door and window that can be opened and closed depending on the season.

Let’s try that upload again…
Pretty much same grow shed I planned out for a buddy’s shed that is 15’x20’ as it contains a sitting/smoking lounge/ nursery in the foyer as his wife doesn’t let him smoke in the house.

2 Likes

3 inches of spray foam insulation will give you R21
Are you injecting CO2? If so why are you planning exhausting the air?
I would chose a dual zone mini split over a window unit. Can get 2 tons for around $1000.
To estimate the amount of ac you need take the square footage and multiply by 40… that’s your base btu. Then add up every watt of electricity you will use including fans etc and multiply that by 4.
Add the 2 together and purchase an appropriate unit… divide by 12,000 if you want to know tonnage.
Being in an unfriendly state I would avoid any exhausting of air if you can…but you will also need carbon filters to scrub the air.

1 Like

I live in the country so smells outside don’t concern me. I also have some pigs. They cover any smells outside lol

@StillSmoking. I really like your designs thanks.

@Dewb, i have this.

Although I’ve never used it. Thought about selling it.

3 Likes

I live in the country too and smells didn’t concern me until the drug task force knocked on my door… always better safe than sorry…

3 Likes

Yeah I forgot to mention the floor. I have 12 inch thick Styrofoam under my floor boards in my shop. I used to do industrial roofing, the stuff that gets thrown away, and wasted, virtually built my workshop lol.

3 Likes

Even if switching to LED, I would keep the HPS for winter lighting/heating…
Planting lilacs on the sunny sides if the shed will help some with smell in the spring and summer as well supplying shade…

2 Likes

I am legal so I dont worry about smell.

I have gone nose blind to it over the years, last September I had my septic tank emptied. It sits 30 ft away from my workshop, that is semi sealed in the summer. The guy was pumping out the sewage from the tank and I was standing next to him trying not to puke at the smell, and he says, someones growing weed around here lmao.

I said, that would be me, I am a medical grower, he said, so am I, so we spent an hour after he finished chatting, and him checking out my grow. I gave him some cbd clones and a a baggie to take and try it.

3 Likes

i love those interactions! i get a few once in a while. sit down and talk to some one conversation leads to weed and you get good vibes from them. after a few god interactions, start telling them a little about what you do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t care anymore now its legal I didn’t much when it wasn’t lol. I like to watch peoples reactions, I dont think I have had a negative reaction.

I went into the beer making place today to get some organic malted barley for my soil microbes, the guy said I dont think we have any organic, does it have to be organic? So I said yes it will kill my cannabis plants if its all covered in herbicide. He was looking at me like, WTF are you talking about. So I had to explain to him about organic no till growing of cannabis. Came out 30 minutes later with 25Kg of special organic malted barley, that was so expensive no one bought it, and it was past its sell by date. If I hadn’t of told him it was for growing, he wouldn’t have sold it to me, win win, 150$ worth of special barley for 20$.

5 Likes

Considering that it was this post that made me decide to to create an account on the new Overgrow instead of just continuing to lurk, what did you end up doing with your shed?

4 Likes

Nothing yet. Although i found a website www.groshed.org
They are prebuilt hydro sheds which gave me a bunch of ideas. I just need cash now. :grin::grin:

1 Like