I want input from any and all OGs on what would constitute your ultimate system

I’ve had a bit of an idea. Let’s see if we can make it into a reality.

Most of you know Im a keen DIY’er. Usually build my own lights and systems. I’m looking for your input on what would be an ideal. All in one system.

Would you…
Want it to fit in a tent?
A standalone cabinet?
A system you could just drop in a spot and go?
Etc etc.

My ideal is always full hydro so I can buy myself enough time to do stuff in-between.

Things I would want to incorporate into my own ideal would be.

Flood and drain system automated by sonoffs with a large Res underneath the pots using my tried and tested solenoid valve system. Although I imagine passive return would be just as effective.

IP camera for remote monitoring.

Remote light dimming

Inching system to lower or heighten the light remotely. A simple pulley system on a motor would do it.

Automated environmentals using sonoff th16 and 4ch Pro setting scenes to switch on/off
Heater
Humidifier
Dehumidifier

I had more ideas but the Mrs has just asked me to go do some painting :roll_eyes: @Esmereldaspike . Hope to check back and hear your replies. Once there are enough ideas here we can select what’s deemed essential by majority vote.

Once we got that far. I’ll spend some time figuring out if we can make readily available components into what we’re envisioning :sunglasses:

:peace_symbol: Cola

11 Likes

got mine pretty much automated other than filling the res and adding nutes(just because i like to).

here is a thread on a wifi led dimmer. works great

3 Likes

That’s me and you about the same then lol. The only thing I do is fill the Res and add nutes. Everything else just kinda flows. Intake/circulation/extraction are all on constant.

Pumps and lights all WiFi timers. The only thing I haven’t done in this space is any automation for environmentals yet.

Guessing you’re using meanwell drivers on your LED. The one for my current light is only in built potentiometer dimmable right now. But I’ve got 10 solstrips and 2 drivers coming back my way off a mate that’s stopped growing for a while. He needs cash I need light.

Going straight to that thread now :100:

2 Likes

is the potentiometer 0-10v? that will work fine! i am using meanwell drivers. one from the fc3000 and another 600 for the chilled x6.

yeah all wifi timers for everything, even 2 dehus. the ac is wifi also.

1 Like

Mine would be 4 Automated 4x4 top fed flood tables with rock wool and teros sensors under 4 650-1000w leds in cool white with far red and uv, one strain per light, different res for each table, a 120ppd dehumidifier, a pco air and surface purifier and a backup generator. It would fit in my master bedroom (which is my grow room😅 just fine)

Basically I’m like 10grand away from it :sob:

5 Likes

Just had a look and they won’t ship to the UK unfortunately. Gonna see for any alternatives. The inbuilt pot is 0-10v on the invisible sun light but it’s the internal posi head screw potentiometer type. I could potentially open it up and wire one.
My old house grow space was fully automated down to dehueys and heaters etc but I’ve been scrimping to build my current system. (Which I now need to double as the Mrs wants to switch bedrooms with the kids so I gotta build a new closet and it’s gotta be damn worth the extra effort :rofl:)

@EugeneDebs420 I got a bit moist reading that then :sweat_drops: jokes. That does sound like a beast of a system but I definitely wouldn’t even have the space to prototype 1/4 of it.

3 Likes

oh yeah i wouldnt bother opening the driver up for that. there are a bunch of sellers thats just one i have used.

good luck with the new closet!

2 Likes

Definitely an upside to being single and living alone :sweat_smile: I’m probably 3-4 harvests at current capacity till I can swing that. I’m getting the big dehu and pco purifier here in the next couple months though just need to monetize my latest harvest first.

1 Like

Yeah I won’t be don’t worry. I can’t remember if they’re A or B type drivers I have coming back with the strips so that will be a wait and see too :roll_eyes: I’m sure I will find a WiFi dimmer over here. Need to read some reviews and shit :100:

I’ve ran out of likes by the way guys. Still appreciating the input you just don’t know it :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m sure there are many upsides to that bro :rofl: I don’t know what they are though :roll_eyes: as you go your crops should get better and maybe make a few more £$ a run. You will get there eventually though.

UK shipping and cheaper than AliExpress. Go on then :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah I would do this…

Oh wait, I already did. :rofl:

8 Likes

Still no likes. But yeah you did. And bloody well at that bro :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve done the painting I’ve asked you to put a blind up when you get chance (even worse) but yeah as you are haha :roll_eyes::rofl::heart:

2 Likes