I wasn't sure which catagory this belongs to

So I guessed here would be a good place to start. Who are the best breeders in the industry today?

So I’ve been out of the game for a while now and am looking into picking it back up and I would like to know who everyone considers to be the best of the best. I’d like to stay off Instagram on account Im not very familiar with how it works as I’ve never used it before. But any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace, love and dank.

6 Likes

I’d be interested in knowing about breeder support teams. It’s rare that a breeder actually does all the work themselves, they have many testers for instance. How many breeders use test growers, or other contributing growers? How large of support groups does one need? Etc, etc, good times :grin:

I know Indiana Bubblegum has been around for a very long time (since the 20’s if im correct)…it takes a dedicated team to maintain genetics and progress a line. What happens behind the scenes of a breeding program?

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

This is a really hard question as there are so many good breeders doing different work it really depends on what type of cannabis do you like are you more interested in longer flowering sativas or shorter period indicas are you looking for a breeder who does regular seed or fems some notable breeders in my opinion is bodhi, nspecta, lucky dog skunk va ,duke diamond,oni, authentic genetics, Ak bean brain, dynasty,doc d the list goes on hell there’s quite a few overgrow members doing killer work making some awesome seed I find a good place is to check out a podcast called “potcast” and listen to a few and see if anyone speaks to you or if there’s a strain that you have a infinity for see if there’s a breeder working those genetics

7 Likes

Tony Green is doing some great work!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I like a mix of different highs. I like a good narcotic high for bedtime, something more racy during the day or something euphoric for listening to music/watching movies ect. It doesn’t matter to me if its a sativa or indica or hybrid. I need the seeds to be regular because I like to play god sometimes.

I was on GLG and looking at all the breeders and I realized pretty quick that I didn’t know who any of those breeders were so I had to ask. Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.

3 Likes

There’s no problem in asking hell it’s kind of overwhelming I just got back into growing after along hiatus a little over a year ago and didn’t know many breeders as I mainly ordered overseas with some of the bigger names that have been around the block glg is a great resource and where I’ve been ordering from, lately been drawn to bodhis work he breeds with some quality genetics has very reasonable prices for his packs and overall really liked how he talked about the plant with the few podcasts I listened to also has a good variety along with a amazing community of growers that stands behind his stuff but any I listed above you can find some quality plants happy growing :v::heart::seedling: @Habitt

5 Likes

Thanks for the replys and the recommendations. I’ll definatly look into Bodhi and the others you’ve listed. And look at that Bodhi is cheap too! Nice! I think im going to take off and listen to some of the pot cast and see what I can learn. I’ll probably end up getting a nice little mix of breeders from your list.

Peace, love and dank.

3 Likes

Tbh i dont think you should lock into breeders. Lock into cultivars/strains instead. As said before, some breeders only have one Great strain, some have three. But ive never found a breeder who get 100% fire and I think its part of human nature. Instead of Having chance of picking breeders lesser strains, it might be good to ask around which strain and breeder is recommended for a described high. You see Bodhi got some good strains for sure. But its all just poly crosses so the outcome might not what you expect all the time. It might take 10 beans to find 1 keeper. But some of his strains is 10/10 keepers, these are what you want to get.

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

What would you recommend from Bodhi that has a good narco high, euphoric and heady high? Any real solid strains you would just say, ignore everything else and get this?

2 Likes

Well for that description i would go with Tony’s tortured beans Gorilla Glue RIL. Not a Bodhi strain but its one of the best damn indica leaning hybrids on the planet.

4 Likes

Gorilla Glue RIL smokes better then the original, easy to grow and high average thc cross the plants you get. Smell goes from the original Gg4 to sour bubbelgum :+1:t2: Also Tonygreen is on the forums aswell.

2 Likes

What can you tell me about Bad Dawg? Apparently Im getting 4 freebie packs from them out of my GLG order. :blush:

2 Likes

Sry dude, never tried Bad Dawg Genetics. But it seems to be alot of poly hybrid crosses so they probably are alot of a hit or miss in every PACK. Choose something that seems interesting to you, its the best guess you can do without talking to someone who have tried them all.

2 Likes

Looking at the promo page I didn’t really have a choice. I got Doc D, and Tony green and the promos for both are Bad Dawg. Oh well, maybe I’ll luck out with them.

Peace, love and dank.

2 Likes

The bad dawg freebies are actually pretty fucking boss. Everyone I have grow was good enough to be worth revisiting.

3 Likes

Bad dawg is his house brand. He is a breeder as well as a seller. They are actually very good. He makes good selections for his crosses. They aren’t “throw aways” if you think you might like the cross.

Btw I second bodhi. His stuff is very varied and he does some unusual stuff. I haven’t grown anything that I have hated from him. Definitely stuff that just wasn’t my style but it was all high quality.

Very big fan of dynasty too. I keep going back to his stuff. I have never been disappointed. His moose and lobsta is great and I love his grapefruit web (relic seeds). Growing some of his pineapple fields right now.

3 Likes

Honestly there is a ton of great stuff out there. I personally just stick to US banks now. GLG is great.

1 Like