Ice cream cake first outdoor run

Have them in half ocean forrest and half happy frog. Every other water they get green aminos for a calicum boost. Just transplanted from the 1 gallon. Roots were coming out the bottom on some. Either had sun shock or over watered at first. Seems to be rebounding nicely.

25 Likes

Looks to be off to a great start!

7 Likes

Wishing you sunny days and huge harvests!:sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Good luck with the outside grow!

2 Likes

Little up date. They seem to be growing fine expect 1 has some black dots on the leaf. Just noticed it today haven’t seen it before. Is it black spot fungus? Or deficiency/ burn? Thanks for the help guys

7 Likes

Gonna be a fun summer @Frostycolas! Wishing you plentiful harvest and sunshine :sun_with_face:

Are you sure its not bug shit?

2 Likes

It could be but I haven’t seen any signs yet. I was thinking caterpillars maybe

Looks like little black bugs. I get them on my tomatoes. What they do is bite the plant then die. It can become a serious problem. I would move the plants and discard that leaf

1 Like

Are these wasps or what. I’ve never seen anything like it

8 Likes

I think they are loving life

5 Likes

Well they have been in my possession for a month now. What do you guys think. Still only been watering in green aminos no signs of nitrogen deffiency or anything else yet. Thinking about transfer to the 45 gallons next weekend what are your thoughts

9 Likes

I would go for it. I think you’ll have a great harvest!

2 Likes

I love watching plants grow.

1 Like

Well transplant today. They seemed to show a little shock at first but within 20 minutes perked back up. The roots looked nice. Lost some roots on each plant but they were starting to get bound to the bottom.i started with 8 2 are on the otherside of the fence. At my brothers. California only allows 6. I know 5 are pictured.

Thinking about using tomato cages to support the man plant. Then low stressing and topping after that? Thoughts about it?

5 Likes

I think it will work fine. I used cages last year and they worked great, or you can use a post and tie the plant to it

1 Like

Thanks thats what I ended up doing. I came home to one sitting at a 45 degree angle so I went and got cages. We are getting ahead wave for the next few days. Watered them again today since the temperatures are supposed to reach double digits for the next 2 atleast

6 Likes

When do you guys start feeding. The soil says it has 5 weeks of food. Should I wait 4 then feed. I was thinking about feeding this weekend with a smaller mixture of food to test. They call for a 1/4 for every 15 gallons so I figure if I start with about 1/2 cup and see what happens. They were transplanted 5 days ago

6 Likes

Unless your growing in a supersoil I would recommend fertilizing right after transplant and then every week to 10 days after, or if you water every 3 days I would fertilize every other watering… just watch your plants, experiment with different dosages, but with small amounts.

2 Likes

Ok probably why they are growing super fast. Made my first rookie mistake. Almost over watered them. We were in a good heat wave of upper 90s and 100s so I made sure they wouldn’t go dry but now they haven’t need water in 4 days. I made sure the entire pots were watered. The root system isn’t big enough yet to absorb fast enough so im hoping tomorrow I can water and feed

2 Likes