Idalia-- are you in her path?

Hey all! There is a major storm heading toward Florida , Georgia and the Carolinas-- they expect Idalia to become a major hurricane.
Hoping Y’all are taking precautions- and I just thought that maybe those of you in her path could let us know on here that you might be affected by the storm, we could have a ‘check-in’ system where we could try to keep tabs on members in it’s path.

Huggz to all!
Stay safe out there!!
idalia

25 Likes

Ty
I’m a bit north so we may just get some rain here
Good luck all
Paps

5 Likes

They keep changing where the eye is gonna pass-- now they are forecasting it to hit near the Keys and travel up the Fla/Georgia border!!!

2 Likes

We are bracing for her to hit tomorrow.

6 Likes

Godspeed Floridians

5 Likes

I’m south in Cape Coral / Ft Myers. Spent the day cleaning gutters and yard.

6 Likes

When the sun comes up I will be putting up the storm shutters. Too close not to do it.

6 Likes

I see they upgraded the storm-- storm surges and flooding expected, outages expected…
By 8p.m tonight… Many Counties calling for mandatory evacuation…but where do they expect everyone to go??? Trains not running- airports closing…?
Be safe all! :hugs: :flushed: :green_heart:

4 Likes

ja,be save all…Best Wishes your way!

3 Likes

I hate that they always come at night. I wanna see what’s flying at me. We are just gonna hunker down and ride her out. Sucks cuz the season has just begun. Be safe all who will meet Idalia.

4 Likes

You go to a hurricane shelter if you’re evacuating your house, or you go stay at a hotel, motel, Air BnB, a friend’s place, or a family member’s place. Most aren’t going anywhere. It’s not going to be Andrew or anything. If you have a generator and aren’t in a mobile home, you don’t sweat it much. Water in your house sucks, but it rarely comes in like a tidal wave or anything like that. Have a canoe, kayak, or inflatable ready in case things get bad and you need to go up on your roof. Probably be a ton of people out there surfing.

3 Likes

These hurricane claims that are going to flood in are going to kill my bonus too. Roofers and PAs are already out there looking for clients to scam. Then, three years from now there will be another flood of claims related to this storm of people trying to sneak stuff in before the deadline. Every single time.

2 Likes

I sat through the eye of Andrew. Pretty crazy. This is before shutters. 4 sets of double sliding glass doors. Not one broke.

Edit. Had to put the fridge up against the double door, front door.

4 Likes

They say she’s gonna be at least a ‘‘3’’ by time she makes landfall…
People on the coast are getting the fuck outta Dodge if they are smart… they say the flooding is gonna be the biggest issue…

1 Like

Exactly!! Glad you were safe. Andrew was a beast and before building codes and everything were changed. Mobile homes are unsafe, but most houses aren’t going anywhere. My dad lived right on the beach. We planted a ton of sea oats out front and we’d fill a ton of sandbags when a storm was coming. Only had an inch or two in the garage a few times. People would be riding their jet skis and wave runners around the streets. Best surf you’re going to get on the Gulf coast is hurricane swell. Haha

Sounds like a cool old Florida pool house too with all of those sliding glass doors. Love those things.

Edit: You see that thing with Publix where people made them stop making hurricane cakes? That seems ridiculous to me. Lots have hurricane “parties” in someone’s safe well-stocked house. Wild stuff these days. Haha

4 Likes

Keep your children close and don’t trust FEMA.

1 Like

If you can’t handle a lil wind and rain you prolly shouldn’t live in Flori….Duh. Lived there from 1999 to 2020. Good luck all be safe

5 Likes

It’s going to suck. Light winds here at the moment

This is the first hurricane I can remember that is going to hit during the daylight hours. I’ll be able to peak out to see how much junk is on the ground.

5 Likes

Thinking of y’all in the path… stay safe

3 Likes