If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans

In terms of enjoying food, Vegans are at an extreme disadvantage. In terms of overall health, some do better than others. When they finally do end up in a hospital, Vegans fair poorly when they have practiced poor eating habits, which is not uncommon.

5 Likes

they just breed too fast :wink:

theres a kill your own cow farm here, its probably the cheapest source of beef next to raising a cow and muslims love it cause they can make it halal. also got sheep and chickens and stuff too.

4 Likes

Yes, I guess many vegans just go vegan because of ideological reasons and don’t really pay attention to the nutritional value of their diet.

I have a friend who has a vegan wife, and their kids are raised with vegan diet. However she meticulously calculates nutritional values of their food so they get everything they need from the vegan way of life.

I doubt that that is the case in many vegan families, and that is a nightmarish thought, that many vegan raised kids are missing essential nutrients from their diet because their parents are lazy while they think “we’re saving the world”.

2 Likes

or when they try to feed their cat a vegan diet, and it almost dies cause they’re obligate carnivores

4 Likes

Feeding animals the wrong diet isn’t a vegan issue it’s a stupid people issue. I’m in the UK and old enough to remember CJD or mad cow disease, probably the single biggest issue caused by feeding animals shit diets, that was definitely not caused by vegans.

2 Likes

no one except vegetarians would try feeding a cat a vegetarian diet. unfortunately it happens quite often. cats are obligate carnivores that will eventually die without meat in their diet. but youre right it is definitely a stupid people issue.

i think mad cow was caused by feeding cows other cows, possibly raw.

2 Likes

My ex was a vegetarian and she still got mad cow disease :rofl::hocho::cow2:

4 Likes

CATTLE are vegetarian and mad cow was caused by feeding ground bone and meat products contaminated with brain and spinal matter in their grain.
Now hogs will even eat other hogs.

3 Likes

I have never seen a sprig of broccoli devour another sprig of broccoli, :laughing:

6 Likes

If you take all the numbers as gospel, accept that eating meat has a far larger carbon footprint than a plant based diet, then look at all the other things that increase your carbon footprint, you know just to get some perspective, then what you find is that having a child is a carbon footprint of over 58 tons per year but being vegan only saves 0.8 tons per year. I crunched the numbers and discovered that a meat eating person (0.82T) who drives a car (2.4T) and goes on two transatlantic flights a year (1.4-4.8) has a carbon footprint many times smaller than a vegan carless person who does not fly but who has a single child (58.6T).

You could either have one vegan being able to have a child or over 7 people eating meat, driving cars, and going on international flights.

I eat meat, I drive a car, and I go on holiday abroad twice a year (not transatlantic) but I have no kids. As such I have a carbon footprint 11 times smaller than a vegan who has a child.

Before you get to ‘eat a plant based diet’ in the list of the most effective ways to reduce your carbon footprint there are a few options.

1, Have one fewer child (58.6T)
2, Live car free (2.4T)
3, avoid one transatlantic return flight (1.6T)
4, Buy green energy (1.47T)
5, go from electric car to car free (1.15T)
6, eat a plant based diet (0.82T) (hooray! here we are!)
7, replace typical car with hybrid (0.52)
8, wash clothes in cold water (0.25T)
9, hang dry clothes (0.21T)
10, recycle (0.21T)
11, upgrade light bulbs (0.1T)

So, instead of giving up meat, you could almost be as green by doing cold clothes washes then hanging your clothes to dry, recycling, and getting energy saving lightbulbs.

7 Likes

44 posts were split to a new topic: Climate Change debate

It’s a shame most people focus on the animal issues over just eating a more healthy diet in general. I mean one could certainly eat lean meat, but who does and that’s really the issue. It’s really not even so much the meat as it is all the other ingredients that go in to making the processed food. Animal fats are used in tons of processed foods.

I know at least in the US, if more people ate a vegan lifestyle I’m betting we wouldn’t be the most obese nation in the world.

Truth is, I can’t stand to listen to about 90% of the Vegans out there myself. It’s like a fuckin cult.

8 Likes

I have not eaten red meat or fowl for almost 40 years. I eat eggs, cheese and fish.

As our friend and mentor @LED_Seedz says, it is about quality.

It is also life style. If you spend all day sucking bongs on a couch, guess what?

5 Likes

@LED_Seedz I Lost 135# on Atkins & kept it off for years. I Only gain when I add carbs so for me I use my canines and skip the “white” carbs.

4 Likes

when you do though, please try and document this. thanks. :seedling::herb:

1 Like

“44 posts were split to a new topic: Climate Change debate”

Ah, that’s good. Now we can talk about meat :wink:

They mock vegans and eat 4lb of steak a day: meet ‘carnivore dieters’

This seems appropriate and on topic. People who ONLY eat meat, no vegetables, no dairy, nothing except meat.

3 Likes

no comment…just laughter :wink:
:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Let’s start another round, shall we?

“When compared to other studies of vegetarian and vegan diets, a selective diet of aquaculture and wild capture fisheries has a lower environmental impact than either of the plant-based diets.”

2 Likes

perfect timing 99, i just noticed that we have no f’n :bacon: emoji, so it’s obvios who’s running that stuff here… :confounded:

…bacony blueberry problem…

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Lovely!
I’m of the belief that humans are a pescatarian hominid
Far too much protien needed for big, energy hungry, nervous systems to function on a vegan diet.
Not quite specialized enough to be obligate carnivores (claws, protruding maw, enlarged canines).
Best case for a functional opposable thumb is fish, crustacean, and mollusk predation.
First Spears and knives for catching fish, dehusking yummy lobsters and opening oysters and clams.
circulatory systems seem to fail on anything not containing massive amounts of Omega-3.
Besides I think their yummy

Aquaponics also kick serious ass growing cannabis.

2 Likes