If only I had a time machine

Just a seedling with a curious mind.if you had the ability to go back and share one bit of wisdom you could have used starting out what would it be?

8 Likes

75-80 f, leds at least 18", fox farms is over rated, you will need charcoal air filtration, when you think its ready; 2 more weeks.

Oh, and water less. Its probably not a nutrient issue, check your PH.

16 Likes

Pouring calmag into a plant showing signs of deficiency is not the way to do it… most likely it’s a pH issue causing lockout of cal or mag

13 Likes

I don’t think my list of mistake I wish I didn’t make is done yet, I’m still fighting the growing pains! I’d send it out to you when the list is finished but UPS said it was too heavy.

But you probably should water less. That seems to never be wrong.

9 Likes

I have definatly learned thru these threads you never stop learning much appreciation to these replies so far

6 Likes

Check ph…

5 Likes

Try all the growing styles…eventually, you’ll find the perfect fit for your garden. Don’t be afraid to try something new!

8 Likes

Guess im reading up on anything pH tonight it looks like

7 Likes

I wasn’t a believer in how important PH was, until I started growing with the Hempy (passive hydro) type system. NOw, i’m a believer (ahahhahhah, now that song is stuck in my head)

8 Likes

to save a cut and make beans of Wakeford as it was

so stoney smelled like playdough and not much bag appeal :slight_smile:

but a true heavy hitter

4 Likes

I always use to tell this old timer you don’t know the levels we have now adays but I’ve come to realize I just didn’t know I was feeding on corporate mumbo jumbo and I didnt know lol one of these days I’ll be ready to take on a pure blood beaut just not quite yet lol

4 Likes

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. And keep it simple.

9 Likes

As @ReikoX and many others will tell you:

LITFA (leave it the fuck alone) will do you wonders lol

9 Likes

@toastyjakes “LITFA (leave it the fuck alone)”

and that helps with the PH swings :wink:

3 Likes

Buy regs, not fems. Learn to make seeds, learn to plant 2 x what you think you’ll need and get used to culling males.

Once you get a few hundred seeds and they stop being so precious, you can stop fussing over every small issue and then you’ll really start to learn.

12 Likes

Take your time, and dont be afraid to ask questions. Your on the right path young grasshopper

7 Likes

@pufferfishfiend That is my exact plan for my outside 2021 season

plant hundred weed thru them and learn :slight_smile:

also to make beans for me

Dequilo

6 Likes

If you find a really special plant cut a clone and keep a mother of it.

Hold on to those killer cut only strains and if possible share your clones with others that will preserve them so you can get a cut back if you lose a mother. Make seeds and store them in a safe seperate location.

I got busted back in the day due to a ex and didn’t have a contingency plan or backups. Still kicking myself to this very day for the genetics I lost.

6 Likes

Best believe one-day I’ll be able to share the love but for now I was just lucky to have a neighbor gracious enough to hook me up with a starter pack lol

4 Likes

I can already say after only 1 grow that PH is my biggest lesson.

3 Likes