Illinois growers... trade seeds or clones?

I’m all good over here, just need time.

1 Like

Hey you Illinois guys! I’m in the tristate area and have been planning my outdoor season for a while now. Next month is time to be starting seeds for this outdoor season. I’m just wondering if everyone has there seeds ready to start and put out on time.
I’ve been growing outdoors here for 20 years. If anyone needs any advice on anything just holler

4 Likes

Is this the time to start your outdoor?

1 Like

Lol, yeah man, just gotta dig under 6” of snow.

I’d assume now is a good time to start inside though? Hm, I’ve not given any thought to growing outside here but I do have a friend with a farm…

3 Likes

I’m from Chicago, currently stuck in downstate; moving to MI later this year. Lived in Wrigleyville then DuPage. I’ve got a son in Geneva.

I’m always up for trades if someone is looking for something particular.

Kev :seedling:

3 Likes

I’ve started sprouting seeds already for this years outside grow…recreationals…way too early for vegetables in Zone 5 still…

Homemade Strains Thread

Vegetable Garden 2021

4 Likes

I usually start 7 to 10th of March and put out latter part of April

3 Likes

I’m getting ready for spring myself soon as I make some room in the veg area and decide what to pop photo wise . At least the photos I’m putting out anyway. The autos are going to wait till closer to the end of april to start those and those are decided upon already.

1 Like

@Bpsteff5052
I only have the one Superglue plant and she’s still a few weeks away from harvest, but I do have more seeds and plan on growing more soon.

I’d be willing to trade for clones or seeds. I live in Urbana.

Here’s a pic from last weekend.

8 Likes

Do U have any clones or cuttings available… My seed vault is listed below

( Kane county ) ILLINOIS member of OG.

I am a registered member and belong to the ( CANNA CO OP CENTRAL CHAPTER ) CCOCC. This organization is a group of Seedsmen…Merchandizers… Marketers …Growers… ( Professional - Medical - Recreational ) …Grow Suppliers.( lights fertilizers etc) and Experienced Advisors Dedicated to the growing of The Cannabis Plant by sharing ideas and sources to make growing easy for its members. There is a tbd $ membership fee to become a registered member…… money back if not satisfied with in 60 days.

For registered members there are Monthly dues of $ 10, can be in cash …digital $ …or barter i.e. ( qualified seeds or cuttings ) . The purpose is to promote and grow the CO-OP and help others grow and improve there growing skills by sharing ideas, seeds sources and seeds and knowledge and fellow ship within this group.Membership includes a list of local growers …free seeds ( q = 5 ) a newsletter and monthly drawings for seeds and merchandize. Contact BPSTEFF5052 via PM on OG to JOIN . Refer your friends and receive a free gift.

Afghani #1, ( 1-21 )
Lemon Skunk ( 1-21 )
Blue Cookies, ( 1-21 ).
AK ( 1-21 )
Purple Headband ( 1-21 ) is an Indica dominant hybrid strain that is a cross between Master Kush, Sour Diesel, OG Kush and an unknown purple strain - which growers agree was likely either Purple Urkle or Mendo Purps.

Orangedose#2 X God’s Gift / Colorado. Clementine. ( Docs dank seedsman. ) ( 1-21 )

Citris Freakshow F2. X God’s Gift / Colorado. Clementine. ( Docs dank seedsman. ) ( 1-21 )

Bear Creek Kush F2 (.Blueberry Haze X Mt Valley Kush ). ( Docs dank seedsman. ) ( 1-21 )…… aroma of limes, blueberries, and funk. a terpene level to die for comments by DOC

Monkey Massacre God’s Gift 4 s1 #4 / Professor Moriarty ( Docs dank seedsman. )( 1-21 )…genetics yields large resinous buds, a glue smell many have come to desire. purple hues passed from the Professor Moriarty male, sets up 4 personal bests for yields. e
60 day Blueberry auto, ( 1-21 )

60 day Bubble gum. auto, ( 1-21 )
75 day Monster Kush. auto, ( 1-21 )

1 Like

After 1 week of being in my Cheapo aero cloner they have finally rooted…Had to put them in soil this morning. These are going to growers & farmers around my area…

My real deal Matanuska Thunder Fuck cross…

Matanuska Thunder Fuck x Blockhead

Matanuska Thunder Head is my homemade strain that I created/bred for my personal use…click on my profile for more homemade strains.

6 Likes

Is there a southern chapter of co op I’m down in southern tip of state and would like to get involved

1 Like

Just finished a talk with Kevin about the purple head band. The beans were in todays mail.
I liked the coin holder seed container.Bback in the day I collected coins.

I will start the seeds the first week of March and set them out around May 1 st.
Kev suggested Lemon skunk and headband for outdoors.

I’m trying a new technique of starting seeds. I saw a U tube vid where the guy placed seeds in a soft banana and the seeds really took off. I’m experimenting with the banana vs the egg shell method.
Once the seeds are started you just plant the egg or banana into the pot.

I will send U some of my special tomato seeds for Ur vegetable garden.
Cambells 19 is the same strain that is used to make their famous soup. ( I sent Kevin some seeds also. )
The plant is a determinate grows like a bush and the tomatoes ripen about the same time.
two or three times in a season. U can clone the suckers to creat new plants and stagger your planting about 12 to14 days apart The plants are very hardy. Just keep them watered and fed, use egg shells scattered around the top soil to prevent blossom end rot … Mulch works well. Staking will be required.

Next, is my favorite cherry, the name is the black cherry The best flavor. The plant is an indeterminate and grows like a vine which you can train. Sometimes I plant in between my hedge bushes and the plant will mesh with the bush to help support it and the protect it form the cold weather.
The plants take awhile to bear fruit but, they will grow into November if you cover with plastic during a frost. The fruits are a brown black purple and the flavor is unique. Even if you don’t normally grow tomatoes give these two a try.
:male_detective:
:vulcan_salute:
:speech_balloon:

another Canna bus will soon B launched :oncoming_bus:

5 Likes

Matanuska Thunder Head is my homemade strain that I created/bred for my personal use…click on my profile for more homemade strains.

VERY COOL…INDEED THE NEW STRAIN. SO ?’ s next

What do U plan to do with your stuff

1 Like

@Bpsteff5052, I don’t have anything I can make clones of just yet.
I’m waiting for the God Bud x Herijuana seedlings I have to get bigger, so I can take cuttings from them.
I’m going to germ more seeds, soon, I just haven’t decided what yet.

2 Likes

@Bpsteff5052 I’ve got a bunch of stuff I can take clones from or have some rooted and ready to go… if your still in need of clones hit me up

2 Likes

Thanks man! I always try new varieties. Iv been growing parks f1 beefy boy for about 15 years now, my absolute favorite. Jet star, rutgers, the big bite, and golden girl are all good too. Celebrity isn’t bad. Sweet million, and golden gym make great cherry tomatoes.
Be careful with the skunk varieties as they can take a while to mature

1 Like

Not Yet

I’m developing a new strain. C…B…C. … THE EXCHANGE. Canna biz co op…( CBC)

I am part of a new COOP …cbc canna. biz. coop.

The exchange will allow access

to our members. ( creation of a member private profile. ). a contact list of people we can T R U S T

to our verified seedmen. ( Identify evaluate and give feedback. )

our sponsors ( searching for them all the time. ) RIGHT NOW I’M THE FUNDER

a place to market your wares. ( right now word of mouth )

a newsletter (an idea not yet written. )

our contacts ( create a profile of each member …not public only paid members

have complete access )

swaps…seeds…cuttings…other stuff. ( a concept waiting to happen )

quarterly give a ways and contests to win stuff. i.e. shot glasses…t shirts ( a way to fund and support the COOP ).

C B C ( a trusted group of growers, seedsmen, vendors , sponsors, sources & tokers, all with integrity )

WDUT?

1 Like

Hey thanks for the kind offer. I will definitely take advantage of U as soon as I have established my indoor set up. I will b visiting a Hydroponics shop in Sycamore IL to get professional help
very soon. I just got my first COVID vaccine on Tuesday.
The hassle getting the appointment was a real nightmare. The hoops and shit required to get it was quite an ordeal. I am relieved that that process is finally begun and will soon be over.
My personal journey with getting the use of Cannabis for pain relief and to help with sleep issues has been quite an interesting adventure. It has lead me to OG and given me an opportunity to try my hand at growing the magical weed. My indoor set up has been quite a separate adventure. Then I got to thinking that it might be cool to develop an exchange or a coop where we can establish a trusted contact group. expand with the OG for the greater good of the group. Like what U just proposed to me.

2 Likes

I plan on doing more crosses and create more new strains…

7 Likes