Illinois growers... trade seeds or clones?

I know a couple others who make beats…a pair of my cousins had a little bit of local success bout 10 years ago but never made it past being opening act for people like tech and Bone thugs when they would come thru pop’s

3 Likes

Livingston here n if I don’t have I can probably get clones for anyone looking. P M me for strain info n such.

3 Likes

the rock, you mean starved rock?

2 Likes

Naw that’s in Utica was in a wedding there thou.
I lived in Rock island county, retired and moved away
Little Chicago

5 Likes

Unfortunately only medical patients can grow in our fair state and then I’m pretty sure they are restricted to 5 plants that are 6in or more. No recreational growing in the land of Lincoln

4 Likes

@Burnso i got my card just so I can grow… and my “chronic pain”… its a joke.

3 Likes

First, I realize this thread is old and the last post was a month ago.

I’m a lifelong Californian and I may be moving to Illinois within the next year… and I gotta say how disappointed I am with reading about a five plant statewide count for mmj patients only!

What kind of bullshit is that! Where’s the freedom in only being able to grow five f’n plants?!.. and you gotta have an mmj rec to do it? This is bad. I understand that a lot of pot can come from five nice plants, but can those plants be grown outdoors, or is it indoor only? That makes a difference for me… I do both most of the time. It’s hard for me to imagine not growing weed outside.

Illinois recreational tokers are getting seriously robbed by not being able to grow their own weed. Here in Cali, recreational users can grow 6 plants and mmj users can have 18 plants. That’s plenty for most people… especially the ones who will never exceed the state’s plant counts.

I’m not a dispensary kind of guy… I’m a longtime cannabis grower who’s been growing his own for several decades… and will continue to do so wherever I choose to live.

8 Likes

@DesertGrown
Yep, five plants for medical card holders only and they can only be in a locked room that only you have a key to if you’re the card holder. If the wife is the card holder and you are not, you can’t have access to that room. If you both have a medical card and you’re married, you can still only have 5 plants total in the house. And that room basically needs to be without windows, or at least no way for anyone else to see that you’re growing. No outdoors at all. Not even close.

I’m in central Illinois…

5 Likes

Technically recreational growing, 5 plants or less, is a civil violation(not criminal) with a fine of $100-$200. I’m sure they take your plants too.

Over 5 plants without a medical card is a felony with prison time and like $10k.

2 Likes

It’s trash but hope we can get some Nationwide legalization and clear it up sooner rather than later…

Maybe Illinois rec users should start protesting microbrewers and how unfair it is that they can produce their own alcohol and we can’t produce our own bud…

3 Likes

I’m sure they’re gonna allow rec users once we get a year or two with the dispensaries. They originally had it in the bill to allow everyone to grow like 20 plants but the republicans in this state wouldn’t sign off on the bill with that in there, so they had to make it medical only and just 5 plants, to get the bill passed. They also want to make sure they’re making enough money off of it, their estimates on revenue are low af imo so once they realize they’re absolutely raking in the cash, they’ll come back and allow anyone to grow. That’s what makes sense to me anyways, and what I’m hoping for.

3 Likes

I was hoping what I read wasn’t true… damn, that really sucks!
Well… I was a mmj card holder here for 15 years, but have since let my card lapse. I should be able to qualify for a medical card in Illinois with no problems for my spinal injury that I acquired almost 20 years ago. I have it all on a dvd for easy viewing.

3 Likes

@DesertGrown
Oh yeah you shouldn’t have any issues getting another med card here with that injury. It’s definitely one of the one’s that are covered. Can take a couple months to get the full blown card, but with a doctor signing off on it and the internet you can print off a temp card the day you leave the doctor and grow/buy pot until you get the actual card in the mail.

3 Likes

Thank you for your responses, they’re making me feel a little better about possibly moving to Illinois.
If I do, I’ll be moving to the Champaign area… my son is there getting his PhD in education.

5 Likes

Don’t move to that crap state unless you have too.
Spent most of my life in that shit hole, 54 years.

8 Likes

I agree with @OleReynard this state sucks for growers. Im hoping once they see how much they’re making on the dispensaries they’ll ease up on home growers. I have my med card and 5 plants isnt enough. Im only able to keep a couple mothers and flower a few at a time.

3 Likes

This state absolutely sucks and thats not only for it’s MMC laws… but your son is going to a GREAT school and we have great food :man_shrugging:

I have talked to a friend that is cop and she said the police have no idea what the laws really are yet because they keep changing… she did say that unless you have a weed field in your backyard they aren’t going to mess with people. So I guess I’m good here…

7 Likes

I know I’m late to the party, but wanted to say hello. I’m in Lake county, Gurnee area

5 Likes

Wish I could leave I’m just rooted in way too deep. I’ve been on the same piece of earth so long I am just part of it and it me. Everything here sucks and I really don’t expect this gready state to ever allow a person to grow for recreation

3 Likes

I’m an hour south of Chicago, medical card holder. My first grow (2 plants) should be finishing up mid May. It’d be great if we get a community of growers going after it’s safe to socialize again. If anything, we can mail seeds to each other.

8 Likes