I'm looking for input for high quality high yielding strains for a grow in southern Maine

Looking for a few hearty strains to grow in southern maine around the 44.6 latitude … needs to be able to handle a cooler temperature and a frost or two…

7 Likes

Greetings, Fellow Mainer, The County here!!! Are you anywhere near Farmington? I say that because Maine’s Oldest Clone Seller is down there. Extensive inventory, including MOB (Maine’s Own Blueberry or Mother of Berries) and Burnham Red Eye. Two strains from Maine that finishes outside Late Sep/Early Oct. cannabisseedbakeofmaine.com Hope this helps. Stay safe/be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: Must be 21, no other requirements, CASH ONLY!!!

8 Likes

The gorilla strains they’re selling in Maine do quite well outdoors in southern maine. Two tips

Start your clones like now

Put them out in the 3rd week of may but be prepared to cover them for the first 3 weeks.

3 Likes

I live in New York but my falls are wet and cold we get frost by Sept 7 and will get a

hard frost Memorial Day weekend :frowning:

outside is tough get them out as old and big as you can, I look at stuff from Vancouver and

the Danish breeders their falls and mine are the same

growing hard budded Indicas here are work

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

5 Likes

You doing indoor or out? I know toward the end of the year, outdoor, dense buds, will get bud rot because of the humidity. Might be something to think about.

2 Likes

Better y’all than us ! :rofl:

3 Likes

@avr1 no worries my friend I still grow buds outside :wink:

5 Likes

Growing outdoors in wet cold Michigan here. I would second this suggestion. I’m going to use locally bred stock this season that’s used to our fall. Already have the seedlings going in a tent. Good luck!

4 Likes

I have that problem as my falls are wet and cold you will get mold and rot in a second

I had stuff in pots one year

so I could put it inside at night in my garage and bring it out after the sun was up

it worked but it was work :frowning:

Mighty Mite is a fast good yielder and smoke is good also Danish Gold

that why I am looking at fast finishing Stavias to cross to some hard bud indicas

be safe and plant seeds

Dequilo

3 Likes

Southern Maine can get a Frost until and a bit past June 1st. Smaller plants can be easily protected at this early growth stage. Putting them out early gets them toward finishing a bit earlier. Even if you can get them in 1 week earlier in the fall it’s a bonus. Like dequilo mentioned fall has hazards which are more detrimental.

4 Likes

Up here in Northern Maine, NOTHING goes into the ground until AFTER the Full Moon in JUNE!!! I’ve seen Snow in the sheltered spots in the Woods in JULY!!! I’ve seen Frost in September, but not every year. Covered with Plastic on my Deck two years ago, I was able to push almost until 2 - 5 November. You gotta be strain-specific up here, for sure. ALL, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

in 2020 we had a light frost at the beginning of September and than almost 3 good weeks of weather

easy to finish that year not always the case :frowning:

3 Likes

Hello fellow Mainer! Southern Maine here as well, no experience with outdoors other than peppers and berries. Just wanted to say hi, stick around, lots of great info here and very generous people. Maybe we can meet up to swap genetics or if your in need of some later let me know.

4 Likes

I wish when I smoke marijuana and eat a pot brownie or any edibles with thc or vape, I wish I will get very high, last time I smoked a joint and I didn’t get stoned it was weird, anyway I recommend nirvana afghani feminized or regs, Dutch passion blueberry regular or female (feminized), dj shorts organic FLo, or flodica (flo indica), South African Durban crossed with skunk number1 regular or feminized smoking a bowl out of a silicone pipe with a carb and a glass bowl with like five small holes in the glass bowl piece instead of one hole that way you don’t need to grind the chron. It’s a silicone like rubber plastic awesome pipe at my favourite smoke and vape village shops.

1 Like

Sounds like either bad weed or you need something stronger.

2 Likes