I'm looking to trade for African landrace seeds

Hey Guys and Gals, I’m looking for African landrace seeds from all over Africa in hopes of being able to acquire African landrace seeds from all over africa… I have a dream of oneday Making my own African only crosses, Kinda like an African haze… I’m hoping that there are some fellow members here on O.G. that can help me achieve my goal of acquiring various african landraces… I don’t care if they are a hybrid as long as it is still a mixture of African only genetics combined…
I have a small collection of seeds that I would be willing to trade as at this point I really want to focus on an African project as this is something that I have been wanting to do for awhile…
Well I hope that with your help I might make my African project a reality!

Also, Anyone that contributes any African landrace seeds they will definitely be welcome to some seeds of my eventual African landrace based crosses… I certainly plan to spread the love to fellow O.G. members when and if my project comes to fruition…
My pipe dream is to acquire seeds from as many African locations as possible from all over Africa! I honestly feel like there is magic to be found in African genetics… So hopefully my “African safari” of strains will come to fruition…
Well folks thanks for taking the time to read my rambling post! :slight_smile: :vulcan: :v:

5 Likes

@Sunvalley :point_up_2: You’re closer than most of us… :wink:

How’s legal life goin?

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Well, you will want some of these (I do not have any):

Durban Poison from South Africa (locally extinct?)
Swaziland/Swazi Gold
Swaziland/Swazi Red
Malawi/Malawi Gold (locally extinct?)
Morocco (becoming replaced with Pakistani in Morocco)
Congo Black (AKA: Black Magic, likely extinct or impossible to get)
Congo Red (did it even exist?)
Zamal
Ethiopian
Angola Gold
Zulu
Mozambique
Kenya/Kilimanjaro

Good luck finding them. Most are rare strains. Some are extinct in Africa now. Many locals in Africa are now aware of their value, after Arjan and Franco went through and bribed their way to getting to ripe remote fields to collect seeds.

6 Likes

Next autumn I may have some Transkei seeds to trade. Other than that I have nothing from Africa.

2 Likes

I’m waiting on some Transkei seeds from a fellow O.G. member also, but they are still stuck in the african mail and have been for a few months so they might not ever make it but I’m holding out hope still!

2 Likes

I just got mine from @Sunvalley so maybe yours are closer than you think.

4 Likes

I have some of them already, I have King Congo (congo pointe noire X ciskie) Malawi Gold, Zamaldelica (Zamal mafete X Malawi X thai) Durban Punch (durban poison X Ciskei) and also Ciskei… I still have a ways to go though…

4 Likes

Alright I am glad to hear the good news!!! Thanks for the heads up!:grinning:

1 Like

YES, I’m waiting on a post from @Sunvalley myself and was just told that @cogitech just got his from him so I am hoping to get mine soon also! Unfortunately in Florida it is only Med only for now and it is very restrictive… But, I think things will change for the better after 2020!

3 Likes

239 woop. Yeah, Florida is kinda a shit show atm. Politicians figuring out best way to line pockets. However in the meantime, licenses are getting sold to Canadian companies taking money out of American economy. However, this should be expected as one county can’t even fucking count votes in time. Par for the course

3 Likes

@PanchoVilla
http://greatlakesgenetics.com/axis-congo-black-x-88g13-hp.html
what u tank

3 Likes

i’m thinkin Bodhi has some serious gems :gem: in his cupboards… wholly guacamole. :expressionless:

2 Likes

How long did yours take, I am at 3 months now?

2 Likes

First package he sent July 26. Then he sent another one a few weeks later. I don’t know which ones arrived because the date stamp was illegible.

I had almost given up…

1 Like

Mine too. I figure if they get here, great, if not, no prob.

1 Like

I have more than 400 seeds collected in Liberia, Cameroon, ivory coast, center Africa and Eq. Guinea stashed in a Akai sampler currently in a box that I sent myself when going back to Europe and that never showed up…
If I ever get my things back…
DS
Btw, there wasn’t any magic in any local weed that I’ve been smoking for ± 10 years living there…

6 Likes

Interesting. Maybe it’s the time-frame… i.e. 30-40 years ago it would have been different? :thinking: :smoking: :palm_tree: :palm_tree: :monkey: :palm_tree:

just a guess…

A good guess, IMO.

However, the lore has been embellished over the decades, like a fishing story.

Dunno. Pookie says he wants landraces, not hybrids.

Likely accurate from your perspective for those areas having lived there. Which I had always wondered about, weed from around Ivory Coast. Also likely the same as it was 40 years ago.

The only super African strain that I saw in the late 1970s was African Black Magic. That was from Nigeria or the Congo. Arjan and Franco recently did a film about their first Congo trip and they tested the results of Congolese that they found deep in the doo doo of Africa. The unique thing about it was that it was super high in THCv. 1% of total weight. But that is and was not the same as African Black Magic that I smoked in the 1970s. African BM had a kick to it. Sadly Franco went back to Congo and died of malaria.

Durban is a good strain as well, also high in THCv, and the locals in South Africa say that it is not around there any more. Its all Swazi there now. But Durban landrace beans should still be obtainable. Mel Frank says that the landrace Durban blooms weird though.

1 Like