In search of a Cannabis Holy Grail. One mans Odyssey into the far out indoor overgrow galaxy

Excited to show off some mostly organic soil growing. I have a 8 x 7x 4 tent space in a mostly heated basement. I have two lights at my disposal. 1000 watt hps and another light that…will have too look into the exact specs because its been put away for so long. believe its 600 ceramic style with the built in ballast. Ill post specs of both.
I plan to start about 40 plants and widdle down to 10-15 gals. I probably will keep “the” male to blast a few branches on some nice ladies that might make sense. Always like to make some extra beans when I can for times ya never know.

Just have to set up a few more things in the tent and then beans will be soaking and a popping friends.
Hope to learn some things since my indoor game is kind of basic and I’ve done alright in the past…, But definitely looking to surpass past results. However, being that this will be the first grow in this space I will definitely be ready for some curve balls. That’s why first I am going to just try out some of my own random pollen chucks in the first few seeds I try out before I test out some Bodhi, and glg testers.

After they seem to be thriving I will then be popping some of Bodhi’s Devils Hashplant, a cross of Devils OG x 88G13Hashplant. 8 beans. I gifted my cousin 5 or 6 beans to try to get him into the hobby, so get to see just a tiny sliver into wha’ts possible with this particular cross… super excited to see what’s special about the 88g13hp because I have many more other crosses of it to test in the future.

And then I was going to do a poll for what else to start because I have two glg freebies. I really won’t have room to run them both so lets leave it up to who ever comes to the thread in the next two weeks from tonight. Stop in say high… tell me your favorite strain you grew in 2021 and then help me decide what strain to check out between these

We got either
Black market breeders: Limebreaker bx v1: Limebreaker x Black lime reserve bukakke 5 beans

or

Bad Dawg Genetics: Harlequin bx (stray) x Cake fighter (stray) 6 beans

Once things get rolling I will put up more info on other varieties that are going to be looked into.
Also, hope to get a cheap digital camera to post pictures. Otherwise it won’t be much of a grow show haha.
After that I wlll do some smoke reports on all my plants from 2021 outdoor. to kind of keep it interesting during the early part the grow.

excited for what this dive into this space will bring, the bodhi strain thread inspired me to do a indoor run because I really just like to do outdoor, but definitely interested in trying a hand at indoor again.
everyone stay healthy and happy. get your vitamin d and keep it reall

Good vibes 2022 :cowboy_hat_face:

30 Likes

Sounds like a good time!

My favorite strain of 21 was a white widow x Godberry. Stinky (foul), pretty, huge trichs, knockout high. Not to sleep but halve your IQ and get you giggling.

I vote for the lime breaker.

5 Likes

4 Likes

So it begins…
still getting the tent set. Had the first batch of beans pop basically over night. Put them under some old tube flooorescessseenneee… (emphasis added). Sorry for my crappy phone pic, but just wanted to show there will be progress in this thread so grab your popcorn lads and ladies. Gentlemen and Gentlewomen.

Checked my 600w CMH, it is a Papillion unit. I remember the 1st grow we did with it, after having only 1000 w hps… the 600 watts make amazing dense nugs. We had a ECSDXAK47 strain that was unreal fireeee… Trimming it was awful after 3 hrs in, eyes itchy and everything was a resinnnny oily sticky mess. Never seen scissors so sore… gummed up the works for f sakes… Good TImes.

Ending up switching it up a bit for my first pop.
tried popping 5 purple pheno blockhead f3, 5 green pheno f3 and the really wild
(Ak47 x ECSD) X F13) x Blockhead IBL Male.

Outdoors this summer the (Ak47 X ECSD) X F13 Mutant was a happy accident. After my initial pop last spring, I direct sowed around the backyard a few lone seeds from a few of my crosses that I wasnt growing out in large numbers for the season. This beauty shined thru, in not such optimal starting conditions. If I gave it a gracious start/space couldn’t imagine how well it may have yielded. I would say I got 3.5 oz off er’. It stacked calyxes and grew these neat nugs that were long dense spears… buds grew up the stem like a vine… I topped it just once, but it probably would have loved 4-5 tops minimum. It had a skunk funk light fuel in flower and like this rich molasses choclate thing that came on late. Beautiful thing is it finished by the 2nd wk of october. Ambered up solidly.
Only plants rivalling for fast finish was two jack herer crosses. Almost 3 months jar cure Its got like a molasses cookie, peanut butter dark chocolate thing going on. Smoke is great… Not overly strong, but truly enjoyable buzz always seems. quick rolling onset thats blissful. upbeat, after 30 mins nice eyes glazed and calming stone. I haven’t rolled up a big fatty of it yet to see where it takes ya in large doses.
Definitely excited about what else is hidden in those beans.
However, intrigued to see what it looks like with the blockhead male from this summer. It was the only male I left standing for awhile because it was furthest away from the larger plots. So I dusted a couple branches around the garden and kinda let it blow up on its sisters mid flower. I had some monster males 7-8 foooters not even in full sun…that ol Hybrid Vigor thing. They got buried in the compost pile… one them might have been the Greatest Champion of the world… mb they busted some dust out and their legend may live on.

Sorry for the Rambles,

9 Likes

I love White Widow. It was always a winner. Godberry is that a Jordan of the Islands strain?
Widow was one of my favorite strains that rarely came around for real when I first started smoking in 2003-2006. One time my cousins buddy got us some that was unreal. I just remember sitting by a campfire trying to roll a blunt and it was super dank and was like velcro breaking it up and the bag was so oily greasy. We smoked too many blunts back then so the best shit always would shine through when it was hardcore smoke. This same guy got us some stuff another time that I’ve been searching foreverrr sense, never found anything like it… not even close.
It literally smelled funky foul musky rotting flesh/fruit, but when you held your head in the bag longer it smelled like someone spilled the dankest loudest fruit punch. IDK if anyone remembers, but at like the school dances or kids parties they had the big fruit punch bowl table and by the end of the night people spilling it all over usually. The floor and table area had this stink and its sticky as fuck to even walk around there. That was that bag and the high was soaring and laughy. Only had a quarter of it for 70$ remember bugging him to find more for years hah…
Bikers kids always had the dankest weed back in those early days it seemed… Yah the prep rich kids could get some stuff, but they didn’t know what they had usually and they were trying to rip ya off real good.
Haven’t heard anyone that had widow around since funk… Mb 2008 around here.

5 Likes

Hey @GraalQuest, thanks for sharing your experience!!!

I will be close and follow this journey !!! I here for you if you need!!

:man_farmer: :brazil: :heart:

Cya!

1 Like

Hiya thanks Lions for dropping in… got an eagle and and lion looking out for me … solid animal spirit entourage when embarking on a quest.

3 Likes

Godberry is a “freedom of seeds” strain. Seriously heavy couchlock Indica. Excellent for both sleep issues and pain. :v:

2 Likes

Haha !!! it was a nice observation!! it’s the elder gods sending their soldiers to keep your grow well :stuck_out_tongue:

And now a dog :slight_smile:

You are almost there to change the thread name to Zoo :rofl:

3 Likes

had a green pheno blockhead pop thru the soil. probably a male haha who wants f4s haha

started beans of

2 - ssh bubblegum pheno x god bud

6 - runt x18 x mystery dad prolly blockhead tho

4 - ak47/ecsd f2 or f3? thats was the label i had looks like from 2017-2018

next will be the bodhi devils hashplant once I see that everything looks okay in the new seedlings and what not.
After that I will start the freebie and maybe some others depending on what’s popped out the soil.

Happy weekend Overgrow Comm.

5 Likes

The godberry was a freedom of seeds feminized rendition. Prettiest plant you ever saw. Red, pink, yellow, black. Pretty much everything but green in all non-shaded areas. Funky, dank, two hitter, huge buds. Everything you want except some late flower nanners.

Which dusted my white widow fem from growers choice. That was a tiny clone I revegged as an experiment then kept around because I loved the ww smoke. Only got one bean to pop out of ten.

4 Likes

Updates

1/22/2022

Enjoying in some ales, fat pipes and revelery…mid winter is a great time to enjoy the fruits of ones labor and reflect on the past and look forward towards the near future… enjoyed some skunk funk earlier and now toking a Tom Hills x18 cross with mystery lineage…
in a pipe its tasting hashy, minty menthol, smooth… kinda like a newport dry hit feels when its not lit for me as a non-smoker cig user. it also has a light apple/pear skunk earthy-ness to it but its subtler.

The grow is progressing nice…

Seeds of ssh x god bud didn’t pop, ecsd/ ak47 no pop. for the X18 runt 3 popped,
white blockhead 5 popped, purple blockhead 3 popped and the ecsd/ak47/f13 xblockhead 5 have popped. The ones that have popped are doing well. two semi runts but decent vigor out of most of my crosses from 2021. The older seeds seemed to dud out.

So I put the devils hashplant 8 beans, black lime reserve bmb 5 beans and 2 Ak beanbrains phc/nl1x tknl5haze in water two nights ago…
All the bodhi seeds have nice tails and are getting in some soil asap…
None of the others look to be popping…willl keep yall updated.

Happy wweedkinddd Overgrow

10 Likes

I’m in for this one…. Some interesting choices on that list for sure.

2 Likes

I vote for the limebreaker backcross as well. I also have a pack and am seriously intrigued as black lime reserve is a highly regarded strain by many I know, although I haven’t had the chance to sample or grow it YET myself. But, I absolutely love lime strains, had a few limey OG strains over the years. I cherished both for quite some time. Looking forward to the show my friend.

3 Likes

howdy ToPShelfTrees,

You are in luck they went into soil sunday night. All 5 popped tails… Lets hope we got something unique. Cant say ive had much lime heavy cannabis in my life.

Waiting on the Devils HP’s to break thru the soil still.

pics to come of the veggers soon

2 Likes

Sweet! Looking forward to it

1 Like

Update 2/5/2022

Outside its a winter wonderland and the habitation room is staying cool indeed. 11 deg farenheit out there for my brothers and sisters across the pond.
So last weekend I thought we might be out of commish becuz the Ol’ Lady pulled the plug and was making a big to do about my labor of love.
Shes not a fan of Cannabis in the least… barely tolerates my outdoor growing and smoking. But it is what it is she knows im set in my ways. The plant saved my life and I know it saves people in many many ways. Somebodies programming that drugggggs are bad is something that sometimes common sense and basic logic cant break through to some minds. I thought in the beginning I could change anyone’s mind about cannabis… now I know programming can run deep in many people.

However, it grows on thankfully for now. May have to move them at flower time. or some of them but we shall see how bad the smelll is.

Numbers update after an up pot for the first ones I had pop.

5 - Green pheno blockhead… 2 runts, potted em with what may end up being a male in my honest opinion… pput these in 5 gal bucket. And then I potted up the other 2 in a 7 gal fabric pot together

3 - Purple pheno blockhead… 2 together in a 7 gal fabric pot and 1 other in a 7 gal fab. pot

3 - Tom Hill X-18- next to up pot… two will go together in 7 gal fabric pot and one will go with the purple pheno blockhead… a little afghanistan vs pakistan border battle.

4 - (Ecsd/Ak47xF13) x Blockhead- 2 in a fabric pot thats 10 gal… 2 in a 5 gal. bucket.

6 - Bodhi Seeds Devils Hashplant. Looking great was sad to see two of them not pop thru the soil.

2 - Limebreaker Black market breeder freebie - very nice they were started at the same time as the Devils Hp… they are both very limey light electric greeen leaves like the devil HP … compared to the other other dark forest green blockhead crosses is a cool contrast so far. 3 seedlings seemed to rot on the vegetative growth even though the roots were looking fine. IDK if it was too cold and humid for a few days. I was messing with the light schedule a bit to adjust it for my work schedule.

bummed the ssh x god bud didn’t germ in addition to akbb phc/nl1 x tknl5haze. only 4 beans used for those, but still would of liked to have some more sativa hybrid influenced stuff for this round.
Good news everything going should be done by week 9 of flower giver er a wk prolly.

Pics are coming really they are … I could snap some with my shitty phone, but that wouldn’t do much justice. But I just may tomorrow night if I don’t have a new camera in hand.

X18’s are the nicest looking same with the ak cross plants. The ol’ hybrid vigor thing doing it’s trick. Leaves are perfect shape and they look very happy. The Blockhead ibl’s have fat leaves kinda of cabbagey esque. They were tree stumps the last time I ran them indoors . Fat midgets

Happy tokinnnggg friends

6 Likes

one of my outdoors this past year… still not sure what variety it was… maybe from the frankincense haze x jack herers… or some weird x18 pheno i havent seen before or something random haha.

It was a tank. it got beat on by bugs and hard late october rains. However, It yielded 10 oz. couldn’t imagine how the quality could have been if it had great weather and another week or 2.
I Called it the Hungry caterpillar.
Smoke at first I thought it was kinda low in potency. However as it cures the flavor profile and smoke quality makes it a decent wake and bake or last bong of the night herb. It’s got a nice nose to it though breaking it up smells kind of incensey, some kind of baked bread like zuchinni haha and some other faint hints of musky hashy fuel. Late into November I let the bottom 1/4 keep going. it didn’t succumb to mold much it just needed more sunshine to get better resin content. But not bad for being so far north and not in 100% direct sunlight. I would say this is something like week 6-7 of flower.

this is a tease until my new camera arrives.

then i will share some of the outdoor nugs too.

6 Likes

{2} in the fabric pot X18 x blockhead

1 sitting in the pot with them is a limbreaker

the one to the front right is a Bodhi Devils Hp

2 Likes

(2) (ecsd x ak47)x f13) x Blockhead

Really like the structure on this one here.

5 Likes