In the shower with river

you are so right about it being a great hobby … this morning i was able to confirm that the plant in flower is indeed a female as i found pre-flower hairs on the clone … had to look 3-4 times to be sure i was not trying to fool myself but no i am 100% sure …this means in about 2 months i will be able to harvest some blue kush and with the help of a few friends we will give y’all a smoke report !! i feel like i should bake a cake to celebrate …what a great christmas present …

12 Likes

things are going very well in the veg nursery …the one in the front left is a clone from number 1 mama that is in flower …the rest are seed babies

this is a clone number two not sure if it is a male or female there are 4 more still rooting

22 Likes

thanks i am real happy with them so far …where you also on the first OG? back then i was growing in a greenhouse …fun days :smile:

5 Likes

Nice looking girls River.

2 Likes

thanks kiddo …only one of them is confirmed girl…hoping for at least one male so i can make a few beans …i put one more into flower yesterday just to see if i can get it to show me its true self
i hope your enjoying your harvest !!!

6 Likes

she is 17 days in flower it is so exciting watching as the bud sites get bigger every day

16 Likes

yesterday i was messing with my tie downs

/2 …this is the method i came up with … drill 1/2 in holes arounf the top of the pot …cut old tee shirt into strips and use them to tie the branches down to the rim of the pot …also noted i maybe over watering and so will be cutting back

16 Likes

Looking great for 17 days!

3 Likes

number 4 plant is now a confirmed female it has been on 12/12 for a week …up potted its clone today and put the last 2 plants into12/12 today …1/15

4 Likes

update on how things in the shower are going …all the seed babies are now in the shower on 12/12 …

#1 in flower 23 days they seem to have a very sweet berry smell to them

15 Likes

The plants look very yummy, anxious to try them!

2 Likes

its fun to share the plants with you knowing you will help with the smoke report once we get that far :smiley:

4 Likes

26 days in … buds getting more frost every day and the sweet berry smell is getting stronger

18 Likes

It looks frosty and delicious, can’t wait!

2 Likes

Hi riverlady.
Impressive grow!

A couple things you might want to consider:

You mention using a root zone heating pad, IME the thermostats on them are whack- instead of the 15° to 20° difference above room temp they are often wildly above, my one mat cruises along at almost 120° F!
So I bought a couple of heating pad thermostatic controllers to manage temp.
Unfortunately these come with these useless suction cups housing the temp probes.
I say useless because the mat surface is so rough, no way will a tiny suction cup hold to them.
So I used a smooth surfaced plastic circular cut out from another project and stuck it to that.
Still holding after 3 months. Also the very best way to measure the temp of those is with an infra red remote temp reader like the ones at Harbor Freight, $15 or so.

Next growing in a basement shower with a functioning drain can still allow pests to get to your grow.
I suggest filling the drain trap with a high concentration of bleach AND a removable soft drain cover, a dollar store item.
Great Growing riverlady!

8 Likes

thanks for the info…been growing in the shower for over a year now and no problems with bugs …but i do wash it down with vinegar after each grow so maybe that is keeping them at bay …i think i have one of those rubber things your talking about …if not i will invest in one next time i run into town… have been looking at the temp controllers… its a matter of money at this point … started with pretty much nothing about a year and a half ago and been buying lights fans beans heat mat and so on a little at a time … been making it work for me with what i had …it is getting better :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i’ve had decent results attaching the seedling mat to a timer. 15mins on 30 mins off or something depending on size of pots and ambient temps.

4 Likes

ya know now that i think about it… am cloning directly into the soil in 5 inch round pots …this over heating thing maybe why i had trouble cloning in peat pellets…which i never had with my old mat … i could not keep them moist …but they clone real well in the pots …it maybe the mat is to hot for the small pellets but the larger pots take more heat to keep them warm and they do not dry out fast so it is working for me …still the regulators are not that expensive …17 $ on amazon …next time i do clones or pop beans i will have one :slight_smile:
PS this is why i love talking too other growers :blush:

4 Likes

I enjoyed @BogSeeds Blue Kush, not sure if you’re run is done or still going.
I still have a half pack left.

I had a sour lsd that smelled of liverwurst that was pretty good also.

Hope it turns/ turned out for you .

4 Likes

figure it will finish the end of feb …the 17th will be 60 days …do you remember how long you ran yours?

3 Likes