Indicana Jones Rides Again (Part 1)

This shit is why I can’t work with adults.

And ground hog is gross. It’s greasy, and do you know what hog taint is?

2 Likes

I think @mobilly was telling me to cut out the taint. Greasy like chicken thigh greasy?

3 Likes

Greasy like an Italian guys hair before he takes his sweetie out for a drive. :rofl:

3 Likes

Ok we have gone way down the rabbit hole, what’s this hog taint lol ?

4 Likes

Pretty sure you take the taint off everything :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Taint no good to leave ‘em on there

2 Likes

If you have to ask… Taint nun ya business :rofl:

2 Likes

Greasy like the Italian guys taint.

Hog taint, allegedly, is a taste/ smell in male hogs. Mamaw says some people can’t taste it, but she can. I castrate hogs anyway, so I don’t know.

But Mamaw says gopher got the taint too.

The internet says it’s called boar taint

4 Likes

Just for fun

2 Likes

Yeah there’s something to that, I do remember something about butchering a hog you had to skin if the right way or you ruined the whole hog. But I haven’t hog hunted or made fresh pork since a kid.

2 Likes

That’s likely not to rupture the intestines, bile, and there is a communicable disease we can get from hogs if you were to get splatter in your eye or mouth.

The only concern for the skin would be scraped or skinned. Lots of old timers like to fry the skin or leave it on for curing, so you got to scrape

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oh man!

3 Likes

Oh speaking of hillbilly nonsense! The turkeys came yesterday

5 Likes

Let me call in the boar taint expert. @toastyjakes get on in here.

4 Likes

You are right there though. Some meat needs a good soaking in whole milk, salt water… Then rinse.
I don’t call my home “Poverty Ridge” for no reason. lol

3 Likes

Usually the meat you get at the store is from midsized castrated males and females… something about the balls makes the meat taste off is usually whats said … i remember we did it on the farm to keep them from biting each others off when fighting over girls…

2 Likes

It’ll also make them put on weight sooooo much faster when cut.

1 Like

If you knew the nasty shit i get on my face/mouth/body on a daily basis on the farm lol

Sometimes all of that within like an hour of showing up lol

2 Likes

I just tell myself it’s all just dirt eventually. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There was this boar when I was a kid who had one testicle because he got the other one caught in the slats of the hay rack feeder. He got it wedged in there scratching his ass and popped it right out.

Still kept us in piglets every year

5 Likes