Indonesian Landrace Seeds

I am looking for Aceh, Sumatran Tuk-Tuk, Sumatran tripping Weed, or anything native to this part of Southeast Asia. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Marvin!

Let us know when you do!!

i wish you luck in your search!! feel free to share the wealth if you find it :smiley:

There’s alot of people on here who are into landraces from all over. Your definitely in a good spot

Don’t know about Indonesian landraces on the market.
There is still some heirlooms to find in Sumatra but things are going fast, last time I was there (two years ago) the batak landrace was pretty hard to source as some generous souls brought dutch genes there. Your best bet would be Aceh. Next time I go there I will collect some seeds but don’t hold your breath as it will probably take me one year at least before I’m in a position to go back there.

Check for vaccines available and needed before heading out and please get sa local bush guy that can help you around. A lot of diseases down there, i am sure you know, and have a safe journey!

@Marvin

If your plan is to go Sumatra collect seeds by yourself
Cities: Medan (guesthouses staff near the masjid raya is a good starting point) and Banda Aceh (Taxi drivers may give you some directions if you say you are searching for “ganja asli Aceh”)
Touristy places like popular starting points for jungle treks in North Sumatra province and Aceh, easy to score there but you won’t meet the farmer.
The whole Batak area where I’m pretty sure the original strains are still to find in remote villages, need to rent a scooter and get ready for a bumpy journey.
Southern Aceh, the jungly part, That’s where you could find the closest thing to the original but the place is hard to access and it takes much more time, You would need a local buddy there as people speak mostly Acehnese and little Indonesian, let alone English.
Hope it helps

5 Likes

I know this is a VERY OLD thread but I am very curious if anyone found any seeds? đź«Ł

Interesting info
Didn’t know much about Indonesian weed

1 Like