Indoor Yard Journal

After last year’s terrible summer outdoors I decided to refocus some of my energy on indoor growing. The only space I have to use is an unheated/uninsulated outbuilding, so it’s far from ideal, but it would be nice to have options beyond outdoor. I did set up a makeshift insulated room within a room in the outbuilding, and put in seedling heat mats. They weren’t happy but the cuttings I kept from last year did survive the winter, which is something.

I have two 4 x 2 tents I already had set-up. One has an old T-5 with 4 bulbs. I’ve been using that for veg. The other has a Migro Array 4, I’ve been using that for flower (I’ve mostly used the flower tent to do F2s, etc). I do have another much larger tent, but I don’t have lights for it. I might work with that in the future.

So that’s that for my set-up. It’s pretty crappy, but it’s what I have for now. If I’m really shifting my focus to indoors I’ll probably put some work into improving it.

10 Likes

Things I have in flower now: Black Lotus F2 (getting close), Purple Corinto Budder x Dragon Energy (flowers are developing but it’s going to be awhile), Project 25 (only a few weeks into flower), and some Carbon Stinkerz x Durban/Lambsbread testers.

In veg: Little Red Riding Hood, Anthromancer, small cuts of the Black Lotus and Project 25, and some seedling testers of F2s I made last summer/fall/winter. Oh, and a few of the Spencer’s JOTI cross. And a few cuttings from last summer I can’t quite identify. I think at least one is 8th Ave’s Petrolia Puck.

And I just popped some Quick Skunk x Sour Boggle (Copa’s Quick Skunk Fem, 9D4 x Project 25), but those are in the house for the moment.

7 Likes

Sounds like how I started… in an unattached garage/shed. I started growing with auto’s as I realized I could keep the heat up with 24/0 lighting.

HID lighting… exhausting back into room.

Over the years iv insulated, added oil filled radiator heating. Started going LED to run through summer… with AC.

It can be done, you won’t have a perfect environment by any means but it can be done.

My space is 10’x20’.

How heavy are your winters? Summer heat? You may have a few good periods in the year to grow, and shut down for the periods your not equipped for.

Give me an idea where your located?

5 Likes

New England. It gets hot in the summer, but not insanely hot, and that building actually stays fairly cool in the summer. I think it’s fair to say I don’t need to worry about AC (humidity, maybe). Winters can be tough, though this winter has been extremely mild.

I’m also not giving up on outdoor. Some years bite and some years are great, but when it works it’s great and supplies way more than enough.

6 Likes

I’m just a few hours south… not all that different.

I’m sure you’ll figure it out and be successful, I’ll be following.

3 Likes

I agree last year was pretty brutal for the North East summer grow.
I hope your plan works out how you hope it will.
This years outdoor I’m gonna plant later and try to keep my plants smaller.
Hoping that will be better and easier to manage.

2 Likes

When you get around to trying outside again, give Johnny’s Frankenstein a shot.
The one I ran was PM proof. Most of the plants around it had PM last fall but not the Frankenstein… Good yield too, considering the poor location it was in and zero attention until harvest…

Cheers
G

7 Likes

All gotta use what’s at our disposal right, you got this bro. Some great stuff going on that’s for sure. I’m down for the show :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

That spring seed-popping fever’s hit me hard, dropped one Bubblegum x TK fem and one Bubba’s Hashplant (PNW HP x Bubba Kush) fem, both from CSI. I looked through my sack of Doc D beans but couldn’t make any decisions.

Also pruned one of the Little Red Riding Hoods and put the branches I pruned in to root.

Can’t stop, won’t stop?

1 Like

So ready for this plant to be chopped, but not yet…

2 Likes