Indoornesian's first annual 16-18 oz. Cup Challenge! Members Only Gear!

Alrighty fellow OG’ers, here’s what I’ve been wanting for a few years now. Hosting the annual Cup Challenge. This particular comp will require that we all use only OG member beans. That is beans that have been created here and gifted here. Each October 31st from here on out, all participats will be required to post their intentions about which strain and will be required to plant by the end of the week, that’s seven days to commit and plant. I will be growing along and following along and enforcing the rules each season. The judging will be by poll and the most votes will win the Cup. I am in the process of purchasing a Cup trophy :trophy: and the winner will get the Cup partially filled with beans! When the next Challenge arrives the winner will be sent the Cup trophy :trophy: by the previous year winner. And I’ll announce and present the bean winnings each year.
The Rules

1. Start seeds on or before November 7th.
  2. 16-18 ounce solo cups. No substitutions!
  3. Veg period will be 5 weeks only, and each participant will have to be in flower at the 5 week stage.
  4. Any medium can be used and nothing from outside of the cup will be allowed unless it’s the top of the cup ie the plant itself.
  5. No negative anything will be tolerated.
  6. Judging will be for the heavy, frosty, and the overall appearance. Whatever the voters approve of the most. Indoornesian ( n 3rd person) will be final call on ties, defaults, or rule breakers.
    This is a community event for any members. Good luck and let’s let our intentions be known by next week along with the soaks, direct sown, or whatevers!
  7. Last and most importantly, the beans used in this comp have to be member oriented and a shout out to whom they were generated from would be respected and surely appreciated.

The trophy :trophy: to be passed around.
59 Likes

I like it! 5 week veg in solos might be tough lol

4 Likes

In what way?

1 Like

Advantage going to coco growers for sure. But I’ve seen it work lots of ways and lots of times. It is a challenge tho…
We can do it
Well not we, I use coco.

8 Likes

Root space. Unless you just run a mini hydro set up in the cup. Or am I mis understanding something here lol it happens from time to time

1 Like

So are you allowed to use something external to water with? Like a drip system?
Sorry for all the questions just want to figure it all out

3 Likes

I used coco also and probably veg’d for longer. Soil might be interesting.

I figure as long as the roots stay in the cup you should be able to feed as you like.

3 Likes

I haven’t used coco in years lol I will have to see if I still got it :rofl: the reason I ask about the watering is I work 2 on 2 off and I would feel really bad leaving my wife to hand water that 20x a day when I’m gone lol.

2 Likes

@Indoornesian im away until the 12 would it be possible for me to step in a couple days late and just prolong my veg a couple extra days on the other end?

3 Likes

I think the most I did was three waterings, mostly two. A drip system would be great.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds interesting and fun.

1 Like

Absolutely my brother, glad to have you along as a participant. Looking forward to seeing your entry/ entries.
Good luck :+1:t5:

2 Likes

This will be fun! Can’t wait to pick one of the strains I got on here

1 Like

This is cool and I know what beans I’m using. Thanks @Indoornesian count me in

@BigMike55 Blak and Blu cookies :cookie: is my strain
Any rules on how many, fem vs reg?

6 Likes

If anybody needs beans to grow, hit me up!

10 Likes

Are you looking for a certain container or any 18oz cup?

1 Like

Count me in! The hardest thing will be picking which of the beans I have received on here to start.

“16-18 ounce solo cups. No substitutions!”

5 Likes

I want in. Don’t know if I can handle the watering. Plant will drink up a cup of water in an instant. Looks like fun tho. I have a couple extra Lavender Frosting seeds if I can keep it alive, that may be a good one.
I’ll give it a go.

4 Likes

I had some beans soaking a few days ago from another member and they’ve got tap roots going, is it ok that I’ve already started roughly a week ahead? Second question, are reg autos ok to enter?

1 Like