Alrighty fellow OG’ers, here’s what I’ve been wanting for a few years now. Hosting the annual Cup Challenge. This particular comp will require that we all use only OG member beans. That is beans that have been created here and gifted here. Each October 31st from here on out, all participats will be required to post their intentions about which strain and will be required to plant by the end of the week, that’s seven days to commit and plant. I will be growing along and following along and enforcing the rules each season. The judging will be by poll and the most votes will win the Cup. I am in the process of purchasing a Cup trophy and the winner will get the Cup partially filled with beans! When the next Challenge arrives the winner will be sent the Cup trophy by the previous year winner. And I’ll announce and present the bean winnings each year.
- Start seeds on or before November 7th.
- 16-18 ounce solo cups. No substitutions!
- Veg period will be 5 weeks only, and each participant will have to be in flower at the 5 week stage.
- Any medium can be used and nothing from outside of the cup will be allowed unless it’s the top of the cup ie the plant itself.
- No negative anything will be tolerated.
- Judging will be for the heavy, frosty, and the overall appearance. Whatever the voters approve of the most. Indoornesian ( n 3rd person) will be final call on ties, defaults, or rule breakers.
This is a community event for any members. Good luck and let’s let our intentions be known by next week along with the soaks, direct sown, or whatevers!
- Last and most importantly, the beans used in this comp have to be member oriented and a shout out to whom they were generated from would be respected and surely appreciated.
The trophy to be passed around.