Indoornesian's second annual 16-18 oz. Cup Challenge! Members Only Gear!

Welcome one and all to Indoornesian’s Second Annual 16-18 oz. Cup Challenge
Alrighty fellow OG’ers, here’s what I’ve been wanting to do for a few years now. Hosting the annual Cup Challenge. This particular comp will require that we all use only OG member beans… That is beans that have been created here and gifted here. This is an opportunity to grow out and give props to the members who tirelessly pass out seeds that they are working with. Each October 31st from here on out, all participats will be required to post their intentions about which strain and will be required to plant by the end of the week, that’s seven days to commit and plant. I will be growing along and following along and enforcing the rules each season. The judging will be by poll and the most votes will win the Cup. I am in the process of shipping out the Cup trophy from last year’s winner of the first Cup Challenge to @Cannasaurusrex!!!
:trophy: and the winner will get the Cup partially filled with beans!

When the next Challenge arrives the winner will be sent the Cup trophy :trophy: by the previous year winner. And I’ll announce and present the bean winnings each year.
The Rules

1. Start seeds on or before November 7th. (OCTOBER 31st-November 7th) Any amount of entries is acceptable, each entry should be labeled with clear dates. Keep it clean people’s :100:
    No changing or altering labels unless it’s to refresh.
  2. 16-18 ounce solo cups. No substitutions!
  3. Veg period will be 5 weeks only, and each participant will have to be in flower at the 5 week stage. December 13-14
  4. Any medium can be used and nothing from outside of the cup will be allowed unless it’s the top of the cup ie the plant itself.
  5. No negative anything will be tolerated.
  6. Judging will be for the heavy, frosty, and the overall appearance. Whatever the voters approve of the most. Indoornesian ( n 3rd person) will be final call on ties, defaults, or rule breakers.
    This is a community event for any members. Good luck and let’s let our intentions be known by next week along with the soaks, direct sown, or whatevers!
  7. Each participant should update their entries on a bi-weekly schedule at the least, the more updates the merrier.
  8. Last and most importantly, the beans used in this comp have to be member oriented and a shout out to whom they were generated from would be respected and surely appreciated.

International note, Canada :canada: is first on the board with the first victory :v:t5: Who gets it next, I’m sure we’re all intrigued :wink:

84 Likes

I’m in!

Waaaahhhh

15 Likes

That took all of 15 minutes to get the first entry!
Thanks for your time :pray:t5:

14 Likes

Hahaha. Yes. Probably because the 130 other participants fainted from excitement.

I’m stone cooollld.

Whats the cutoff date once flowering? We get 5 weeks of veg but then ?

10 Likes

Depending on your plants. As long as we all go into flower at the same time. We’ll wait around towards the end for those lagging Satty’s.

9 Likes

Love cup grows :slightly_smiling_face: is this for autos too?

cup

14 Likes

Can you get a 5 week vegg ?
If so bring it on. If not I’ll have to add an auto section.

11 Likes

IN!!! FUCK YEAASSS!!!

For all y’all’s consideration my selection would be:

16 Likes

looking through collection of 23000 strains

18 Likes

images

I’m in!

11 Likes

@JBow918 's F2 reproduction of @Sebring ‘s F1 reproduction of Fritz Frijoles’:

:metal: :grin: :+1:

27 Likes

Just run it and thru your updates we’ll judge auto’s with our end results.

8 Likes

for clarification, roots cannot leave the solo cup, period? no root pruning on game day?

and clones of “OG member beans” are not allowed, explicitly #$%^*&(( no clones, right?

this is daunting. :thinking:

better than trim jail, yes, but still…

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

If the roots flow thru your cups drainage is fine as long as you don’t have a medium underneath.
If you decide on clones, you would have to begin with a naked stem and root like the seed group.

8 Likes

This is cool, I want in, but I have a contractor here for most of Nov. so will have to sit this one out. One question, how many can be started or finished?

4 Likes

Nice to see this brought up. Last time there was no limit, and I’m pushing for the OG theme again "OverGrow the World"

10 Likes

I wish I could join! Been wanting to do a solo cup grow to push through some beans and try some stuff out. Unfortunately, I can’t grow at that point. Inspections in an apartment :unamused:. Good luck everyone! I’ll still follow along. Good on you for putting this together @Indoornesian!

6 Likes

It’s been a pleasure hosting Cup Challenges! When I first got on OG there were regular Challenges going on and I wanted something that would highlight members gear to compliment the work that OG members proudly display. So here we are, sorry to hear that you can’t join in. Maybe next year!

11 Likes

It’ll be Purple Pink Panther courtesy of @Andrane for me

8 Likes

Never done anything like this before, but I’m in. Now to pick what I’m gonna grow haha.

6 Likes