Instagram stars strain quality

I’ve noticed a lot of new “breeders” (f1 makers) racking up huge amounts of likes from their high quality photos.
Anybody familiar with the seed junkies, thug pugs, rippers, compounds…
Are the flowers actually as good as the pics make them look?
Packs ain’t cheap and the names are questionable so before I drop any dough I’d love to hear from you

9 Likes

The “breeders” are mostly not.

Like all human endeavor, nearly all of those who call themselves professionals, shouldn’t!

99%

Check out Fleur de Mal @Baudelaire who has been at it a long time.

See if you can reach The Danky Seed Bank @Swampthing who seems to have an endless supply of crosses.

I might send you some beans at some point too!

10 Likes

Quick,
Check this Pollen chucked freebie seeds are all gone

I might mention lemon hoko on ig does have one or 2 worked strains. The chem dd he runs is f3 or f4 by now. I haven’t run it but my pals up north are singing its praises from the rooftops.

4 Likes

I’m not going to start with seeds yet, but those C99 and Haze crosses from Fleur de Mal are some sexy genetics. I’m a sativa lover, through and through, though.

4 Likes

Thanks dudes!
I appreciate the info and the offer!
I love c99 as a breeding partner. Hell of a strain.
I’ll check out those companies you mentioned also

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Dispute resolution Swampthing v. Baudelaire

No rain on me bro.
I appreciate the feedback.
I’m just trying to reacquaint myself with the community.
Not much has changed… lol

The jungle boys at TLC in LA run some of the seed junkies gear and judging from their pics and the small samples a buddy brought back, I’d say they have some fire. Of course the jungle boys pheno hunt the seeds before they go into production.
I personally enjoy f1s or pollen chucks done by the right people… I like the hunt.

5 Likes

Jungle boys is fire i used tonlive in cali they got heat an yea they are pheno hunters takes alot of work to do that as well they work a line for atleast a year before its ready to sale so you go to guve it to them they are dedicated lol i am biased prolly tho they are a big inspiration to me prolly my number one influence

2 Likes

i’ve heard positive things about thug pug gear but never ran any of those breeders myself
@Swampthing said the guys kinda a dick tho so don’t ask him about yields lol

1 Like

I did that after we already spoke about wholesale… I was just like do they yield more cookie meaning phenos or do they get bigger and take on some of the sativa genes in other parents
Was a dick… it wasn’t just like are these small plants… it was more a question how to grow em

4x6’ trays do I wanna run 6 in 25gals or 18-24 in 3-5gals
Ya feel me?

1 Like

Compound genetics is junk…he impersonated me at chalice to get the strains he runs now…he is not a breeder and barely a grower…

7 Likes

Thanks everyone for your honest opinions,
Being an old school guy, I’ll stick to the old school strains.
I’m sure there’s good pheno of “cookies” “cake” “breath” and so on but I’m not buying overpriced seeds to hunt for them.
I’ll take a cutting though… lol

4 Likes

From what a few growers I know, Seed Junky is throwing a lot of herms with the Gelato33 and the WC x Gelato. One grower pulled 19 plants from two packs all herms will find the quote from him if I can was on another site. Out of the Breeders you mentioned only one I haven’t heard anything bad about is Thug Lug. Peace OG

2 Likes

Yes, Jungle boys is the real deal.

Right on. Couldn’t have said it better. They are pervasive on IG. Packs for $100+! GTFOH

3 Likes

Not really an instagram breeder but elev8 has really caught my eye. There’s just not a lot out there about them. I know they caught a bunch of shit bc they named their gg#4 bx just gg#4. Not like they were hiding the fact it’s a bx its in the description. 89$ for 12 seeds is decent. They’ve got bruce b made with ghost og, starfighter bx, tangie cookies. Hard to go wrong with those crosses.

2 Likes

You can go wrong. What if those 12 seeds don’t give you the pheno you’re looking for.
Or worse, hermis!

1 Like

Hey guys i just opened an Instagram account, send me your handles PM to look you up! Cool!

1 Like