Instagram stars strain quality

Ya you can go wrong but if you half way know what your doing it’s as I said hard to do. Also if gg#4, blueberry n many others taught us anything. Good things can happen even when things go wrong.

2 Likes

Doesnt the whole cookies line suffer from hermie issues due to one of its parents?7
No I think thats another line Im thinking of…

2 Likes

Yup your right and gg#4

3 Likes

Just read its clone only and suspected to be from hermi bagseed
sounds about right for all these faddy strains

I only know as Ive excluded “Cookies Kush” from my line-up due to hermi worries

Never grown any of the line out

2 Likes

But same for c99 and chemdog both originally are from bag seed hermi and a lot of others blueberry also has hermi parents

4 Likes

I knew blueberry did
I did not know c99 / Chemdog did

Chemdawg is/was in my lineup hmm
cant risk it

2 Likes

Keep in mind mj plants are naturally hermaphrodite’s. So on some level they all have hermi parentage. C99 is 1 of the least hermi prone plants you’ll find hands down.

7 Likes

Yeh I get you, Im not worried about a few stray late flowers
that I see as a survival mechanism and is perfectly natural

Im worried about early viable hermies producing seed and ruining a batch

What do you mean about c99 being least hermi prone, thaough you said i was
are you making a point about all being slightly hermi prone?
or am I missing something?

anyway this is really off topic

1 Like

Wasn’t C99 worked out in a series of stages (C88, etc.)?

The fact that it is bagseed just means no one knows the lineage for sure. But as in those examples, there can be great fire there.

@Skiball . This is an interesting read, for those interested in breeding and/or the history of C99.

I just had a Zamal male “autoflower” (flowered with 18 hours of light) on my vegging tent. I could end up having some mistery seeds on the Ethiopian (ACE), Colombian Gold (USD) and Peyote Purple on the tent next door.

6 Likes

It’s from bag seed of jack herer. That was bought in amsterdam, so we know exactly what it is. Yes it was worked out by back crossing to the original princess (the original bagseed). Yes it is interesting and i researched it almost 15 yrs ago. I decided on their Apollo 13 cross.

5 Likes

Great read! Man I missed this place

1 Like

Most ELITE cuts as far as I’m concerned are hermi ass bag seeds… But I still collect them.

C99 = Jack Herer Bag seeds
Entire Chem/Dawg family Bag Seeds
Girl Scout Cookies Bag Seeds
Diesel or was it sour D that was a hermi chemdawg x mss
Most Kushes Bagseeds (excluding land Race Kush region strains)

Most strains contain bag seed genetics nowadays that’s why people/breeders like Bodhi are getting back to landrace strains to start over and reset the game.

I won’t be buying any IG Bag seeds at any price FWIW. I’m maybe more old school and really would like to know the lineage and these IG Bagseed kings have no clue WTF they have and just keep renaming it.

DNA makes up fake names for some of their genetics in crosses for years they claimed a special cannalope haze was used in the Chocolope but that turned out to be just the C99. I haven’t supported any of their work after reading that.

12 Likes

I am still…oleskool830 on IG. You have to wade through a lot of bullshit to navigate around the place but there is some good stuff. Look me up!

3 Likes

That sucks, I’ve grown out a couple of their strains and liked what I have grown from them but have heard they have gone down hill drastically.

Most old dutch seeds companies have gone down hill. These fem seed only companies are nothing but marketing and buying cups to prove them worth of your dollars at only 20 a seed don’t worry we have autos too. Auto fems are the most useless beans going BTW.

DNA’s Limit Kapt Krypt OG Crosses were the last I bought from them and that’s only because they were on sale and Regular seeds.

5 Likes

c99 was from bag seed but it was jack herer pollinated by an unidentified male … out of the 6 bag seeds he got 3 males and 3 females. you’d expect soul to know the difference between a male and a hermie although maybe not if he culled immediately

3 Likes

I honestly think chemdawg was a freak male pollination. There are a lot of strains from that time period that are similar or carry similar traits.
Chemdog probably wasn’t the only one that got seeds. But if it is a hermie bastard its been worked and selected for so long that the tendency to herm is faded.
I’ve never gotten one but I see it a lot in other peoples Resevior lines as well as the cali connection versions.
Cindy 99 hasn’t done it to me yet either.

3 Likes

you can find the right people on IG
dont get distracted by eye candy

I recommend on ig @terpfiend @hartigear @eclecticelegence @terptopiaconcentrates @mort.2.mort
These are breeders i know that are honest in all of there F1 crosses. For example eclecticelegence show you proof of his afficionado pack he won and the pack number is 009 And the other parent is an 2014 emerald cup winner

2 Likes

As vouched for here, there’s some worthy “Breeders” on Instagram and a million pollen chuckers riding the hype :bullettrain_side: smashing the newest cut said to be - “The One” or best of the best lol… I’m honestly more interested in the least of the hyped, as well as the breeders that are actually breeding, Snowhigh, BOG and Rare Dankness as examples.

Anyone who has been truly working with the lines they have will tend to have a website, or at least a place in the forum world for more details and examples and should be providing as much general info as possible. Those just pushing pretty bud shots and hyperbole name to name types of outcrossed poly to polyhybid are no different than the next on Instagram. I find the trends and consumerism in this all to be no different than any other industry. Sadly it is just that, social media marketing strategies, monkey see, monkey do and Pavlov comes to mind the way people drool over a bud shots and cool names like dogs do when hearing that :bell:

There’s so much more to a truly superior “Elite” cut and line then just potency, flavor and bag appeal. And sadly 99% of this hyped up weed is nothing more than just being pretty pot and pretty good in general - yet nothing really worthy of writing home about if you smoke high grade cannabis regularly. And all to often I look at elite cuts and lines while thinking to myself about how glad I am to not be growing this and that when I actually see the plants instead of just trichome and bud shots…

3 Likes