Internet Rage - Closed

So, I rarely go into any other site than OG anymore. But occasionally ill log into RIU and search around.

I initially left RIU after getting it into with a user that many of you probably know/are friends with. I made a dumb remark about him being a child molester (he posts drawings of a penis spearing throats as response on the forum), I got temp banned and that was it for a while.

Later on, I explained that in another thread, and he took it as if I was calling him that again. I messaged him privately, saying I was merely explaining what I had done, and to not take me out of context, and I apologized for using that reference to begin with.

Next thing he starts following me (now this annoyed me, because he had a habit of stalking my posts) so I messaged him and questioned him about it (without insulting him). I got a series of responses insulting me - and here ladies and gentlemen is where i should have walked away. But no. I am an incendiary asshole and referenced the fact that his cat had died a few months ago, called him a cat killer and blamed it on him, in his journal and in my dm response, thus the title of the thread. He kept responding to me, and i kept doing the same until i got banned (which i dont blame the mod).

Does any of his behavior excuse mine? fck no. not even close. I completely lost it, just because someone was insulting me over the internet. its beyond me. and Ive always believed that you show your colors in these type of situations. And so i did mine.

I did reference in my responses I have therapy for that sort of shit.

So…Why am I posting this here? venting. hope that doesnt bug anyone. Ill remove this if asked to.

22 Likes

There was an issue, you took responsibility for your part, end of story.

16 Likes

Smoke a joint on it buddy. Riu sucks anyway

25 Likes

As long as you learnt from it , then all good … they just words on a screen : )

10 Likes

It’s just the internet man. Keep that in mind at all times. Glad you were able to get it off your chest :v:t2:

5 Likes

OG is a much better place and the way discourse is handled helps me a lot. I dont mean to sound like “im an angel and riu brings a bad side of me” more like “damn, i still need help, glad OG is a place that helps me”.

true, although the cat died in a very nasty way (i didnt know the details until later). I sortof wanted to vent cus its something that im sure im not the only one who gets overwhelmed, or maybe i am, to that level.

5 Likes

We all human : ) brothers and sisters fight sometimes but we all family here and should understand , pity he didn’t , he wanted you gone and you played into his hands

5 Likes

Hey man, I get your problem. I still use RIU but it’s really only because Mars Hydro sends me lights and tents in exchange for me doing grow journals there. There are many great people at that site but it can also be a complete shit show. The politics section is the worst and Moderated by opinionated power abusing dicks. They gang up on users and than if things are not going their way out comes the ban hammer. It’s a shame for those who are there and dont realize their are better places.

As for your reactions, clearly you were wrong but at least you own it. We all react poorly to things sometimes. All we can do is realize we were wrong, take responsibility and try to do better next time. Try not to beat yourself up about it. It serves no purpose. Glad you came to OG man, it’s the best place I have ever found.

21 Likes

I’ve been banned from Twitter, like, 6 times…lol…

12 Likes

How do you get a gig getting free gear from grow gear companies like that?

1 Like

fuck it dude, let's go bowling

10 Likes

The honest answer is I have no idea. When they first approached me I did not even have a grow going. Apparently they saw I was always there and trying to help growers so they approached me. Viparspectra sent me a light for my 2x4 tent. CMRC sent me a bunch of vape carts and batteries to do a review on and than Mars sent me full grow kit. After that they sent me the FC 6500 and 4x4 tent I am using now. As of yesterday they are sending me a new FC 8000 and 5x5 tent to go with it for my next run. I am more baffled than anyone as to why but I can’t seem to say no to them sending me new stuff. I feel as long as I am honest about the products than I am not doing anything wrong. The only thing I have to do is make threads on RIU. This is really what keeps me going there since I made a deal with them. They are now creating my own coupon code to give out to folks for a discount on their stuff and apparently I will get commission if someone uses it :roll_eyes: I would feel like a shill but I don’t push their products, just use them where everyone can see and give honest opinions. Thankfully all the stuff has worked well so far so my opinions have only been positive.

28 Likes

Good show old chap

1 Like

Hell ya man. Keep taking advantage of the free lights, :grin:

4 Likes

I stopped going on RIU a years ago. I originally joined as it was the best and most informative place on building your own LED lights, back when COBs were the big thing. Then all the HID buffs started going into that sub and blew up most of the threads talking about how LEDs were garbage and everyone claiming the pics they posted were grown by LEDs were lying and HID was the ONLY and BEST lights. The mods refused to do anything as they were all buddies with the guys ruining the sub.

I also don’t go to IC anymore as it basically a Haze and Sativa or it’s garbage forum. Don’t believe me go look at their strains and breeding sub, 90% of the topics are Haze or Sativa landrace threads.

Don’t sweat it, you have a good home here.

3 Likes

I will say I have not had your experience on OG. I always tell myself to kill the haters with kindness. As a sarcastic mofo myself, I have occasionally accidentally caused hard feelings, I try to explain I am an idiot (easily believed) and move on. Most members and the Mods on OG try to de-energize these kinds of disputes. Keep your side of the street clean and don’t worry about the malcontents Grandad used to say.
@the_bot

17 Likes

Anywhere else but here on Overgrow is a joke.We have our squabbles here from time to time but we work out our shit for the most part like civilized individuals.The other Grow boards the chatter on there looks like mental patients throwing shit at each other.

12 Likes

People will say things to try and control you. You take the power back by never talking to them. Trolls…make…me… hungry. So, hungy. drools Don’t let the trolls feed…ME.

9 Likes

Bro I understand because the same thing happened to me and a buddy @afn
We where constantly under fire and just like guy above above, I will defend myself to the fullest.
I really enjoy og, and im learning to loosen up a bit here. Guys will have a difference of opinion here and move on, while often apologizing for their actions. Myself included.
But it’s something else when the hierarchy join in forming lynch mobs against community members. I saw that occur so often @afn and I new it was only a matter of time for me. When they bailed in on my buddy there, I knew I was next… they started accusing me of wrongs doings. I was like where Is this coming from.
My only take is that they where up set because i wouldn’t give the elites crosses that I had made.
This is getting long, however it’s for good reason.
Over there when a member went against the general consensus, the “voices” of the group would proceed in attacking them. Next the “elites” as well called them would soon follow suit. Plenty of times I watch this occur and I eventually became victim as well.
But never any serious problems until a member grew out my Murdah cookies cross. Which was a gift. In fact, I gifted several followers of my thread in appreciation.
Once the elites saw what my crosses were producing, it’s obvious they wanted them. But I guess these guys had forgotten that they had joined in attacking me on previous posts. So there was no way I was helping them.
Anyway I guess the head hancho took offense when none of his boys could get their hands on any of my stuff.
He did started raising hell about me selling seeds. I told him I would be rich if I took the $$$ that’s been offered to me… i didn’t take 1cent on afn. I was a huge promoter of the site… and expulsion was the thanks that I got. Hell even my wife had started a post there. He accosted me about us having the same IP address. He said I was hyping my own post. Dude is a mess over there. Any way guy boots me for 3 months. Ok cool. But i went back there the other day to see if the guy had finished the Cruella grow that he had started. He had done so and I grabbed a few pics. I didn’t even log in. Out of curiosity I checked my post to see if any followers have left messages.
Ok dude closes my post. I had asked him to delete my post before everything had gotten bad.
But instead he leaves it up with an ugly message. Wtf I thought… because that’s like hitting a man with handcuffs on. If that doesn’t say a lot about the guy nothing will. I’ll leave it at that.
But I have to refer to an og’er who used “magic beans” in negative connotations directed at me.
At first i just thought the guy was but hurt about something and would eventually come out with it.
But after glimpsing over that last afn post, I knew what the “rock star” was referring too. Those kind are every and sometimes we have to bless them instead of becoming the same negative soul as they are.
You are all good in my book bro, I judge people by who they are to me, and not what other day about them. I’m far too old to be letting other people decide who I play with. Yes that’s how childish that crap sounds to me. I’m just telling my experience before any more “rockers” think they know something about me. I’m here, I’m taking it slow because afn taught me a valuable lesson. Peace brothers and try to stay positive because it’s all good.
I read Doug post about the free gear. The gave the elites free stuff over there as well. When vendors strat giving other people stuff, the elite got mad and would come up with reasons to get mad or rules to say why the members aren’t eligible for the gifts. That place had so much bs, I can’t mention it all… this is a much better place.

4 Likes
6 Likes