Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Hey everyone!
I’ve been a lurker around here for a little while found some really nice grows on here and some great advice/tips.
My family always had a garden since I was a kid, it was good fun but I also learned a lot about composting and amending soil. Well it just made sense to keep gardening when I got my own place.
Me and my GF also keep a lot of house plants.

I’ve only got 6-7 successful runs under my belt and 2-3 failures when I was a young teen lol.
Needless to say I’m not a pro but I have some gardening basics down.

I’m looking forward to meeting the community and learning tons more along the way

I’ll have to get daytime pic tonight

11 Likes

Welcome to OG @WubbaLubbaDubDub , glad you joined us.

4 Likes

Glad to see a familiar face!

4 Likes

Yeah bud, you are going to like it here. So much less drama than that other place, lol. Here are a couple links for you bud. The 3rd link is a thread from another Canadian named Cadman. He is doing a seed giveaway for new members. You should pop by and sign up. He will send you your pick of seeds :slight_smile: If you need anything let me know.

6 Likes

I’ll go introduce myself but I’ll leave the free seeds to people starting that need them.
I’ve ordered a lot of seeds so now I gotta slowly work through em.

Open to giving clones if people need though

8 Likes

Nice man. I am sure if you made that offer in the free seeds and clones thread they would love you for it :slight_smile: I have become a bit of a seedoholic so I have many varieties. We trade them or just give them away constantly here. We are really trying to OverGrow the world.

Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 2

6 Likes

Hello. I am new here, but plan to stick around.

I have been into plants all my life. I started with Orchids as a kid in my bathroom. Now I am mostly into cacti and succulents. I like to find and photograph rare or uncommon cacti in habitat, collect seed, and grow from seed, especially seed with collection data. I am also into Lithops and other mesembs, as well as Pachypodiums, Adeniums, and other African or Madagascan stuff. Cacti wise I am mostly into mini and micro stuff that grown on limestone, lots of it Chihuahuan desert stuff. Turbinicarpus, Epithelantha, Ariocarpus, Escobaria, Sclerocactus, Pediocactus, and Peniocereus. Also some South American stuff like Copiapoa, Pterocactus, Tepherocactus, and Gymnocalycium. I have lots of cacti seeds (to trade) if you are into that kind of thing.

I started smoking early, In middle school I spent some time abroad and the family friend who’s house we stayed in grew. I was hooked, smoked a little of his flower, and some morrocan hash, but mostly watched him bring in and manicure/hang a few plants every day. Smuggled a few beans back and grew my 1st plant behind my house. In High School I started growing in homemade grow cabs. Tried commercial growing for a year in the late 2000’s 5 x 600w. Got broken into and ripped off. Thankfully I was not home. Done a few 600w cab grows since. Had my med card for a few years now.
I wasn’t sure it would ever really happen but now the “state” recognizes my natural right to grow the sacred herb!!!

I want to work with some of the auto’s and try to make/get something going that can take the hot dry climate of outdoor or greenhouse growing in the desert southwest. Beyond just the plants that can handle the conditions maybe select for terps with higher boiling points so more stick around. I am also firing up my cab again for some indoor photoperiod grows!

A favorite from the past that I am looking for is super hash plant, love the way it looks and smells. Some others: Older Afghani open pollinated stuff, also pine, melon/canteloupe/mango and citrus stuff.

I am also interested in genetics, and like to collect PDF articles.

I’m a joint smoker.

Peace,
Dirtron

12 Likes

Welcome aboard

2 Likes

Welcome @Dirtron , glad you could join us. So auto’s you say. I may have a few auto seeds lying around for you to try as kind of a welcome to the neighborhood if you like.

3 Likes

Hello my fellow humans, hope you are well.

Starting up the hobby again after a 15 year hiatus! I came here looking for some strain reviews, seeds, and knowledge of course. Looking forward to getting some inspiration from you all.

Ah Kassah

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @La0laEsMia , lots to see. Have a good time.

3 Likes

Thank you, that would be very cool. I will pm you my info.

2 Likes

Don’t know if you can PM yet bud but I sent you one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man that was an epic introduction!! Thanks for that. Can’t wait to see some cacti pics too, hopefully. :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome to all the new OGers, glad to have you here.

3 Likes

Welcome @WubbaLubbaDubDub , @laolaesmia and @Dirtron. Nice introductions! Have fun & grow. The more the merrier. I’m looking forward to see ur posts.

6 Likes

welcome @WubbaLubbaDubDub @Dirtron and @La0laEsMia to OG! looks like you guys got a handle on this!

6 Likes

Hi @Habobanero, @WVMountainGhost, @Dirtron and @La0laEsMia, welcome to OG! You’ll have a great time here! Enjoy!

6 Likes

Hello! Another newbie headed your way. I’ve been learning how to grow for about a year, have a very small/minimal setup right now but doing my best and having fun with it. It looks like there a whole lot of things going on here and I’m excited to join in.

10 Likes

Welcome to the community @morecatslesspeople , glad you have come to join us.

4 Likes