Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Hello! I’m very green to growing. I live in the Midwest. I’m about to buy my first grow tent and light. I’ve been doing so much research that I feel a little fried. I was smoking and found some seeds in the weed I bought from a neighbor (whose mom grew it in Oklahoma) . I decided to soak them and see what happens. They started spouting about 4 weeks ago so I got a cheap grow light bulb and put it in an old lamp I had. So far so good! I was at my local hydroponics store and someone mentioned this forum. Long story short, I’ve really enjoyed reading the conversations and love how helpful people are on here.

14 Likes

Welcome to OG, @Owski!

I’d suggest that you start new garden topic in #indoor-growing or #indoor-growing:growroom-diaries
Enjoy the site!

6 Likes

Hi,

I am from Czechia. I have been growing plants since high school, mostly on fallow fields. For last half year I decided to start with hydroponics, there are still many things new to me, so I am glad for such a forum. I also do like to cultivate mushrooms.

8 Likes

Hi @Owski and @Ard4x! Welcome to Over Grow 2.0!

You are on a mission to learn and you are at the right place. We have great folks doing all manner of interesting projects here, explore, learn and ENJOY!
:sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Welcome to Og @Owski, I use cmh and have been using led also as of late. Have used HID in the past.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Hawaiian Sativas or Hawaiian heirloom cannabis

LemondaeJoe thank you. I have been to Russia over 20 times but never the Czech Republic. One day for sure. Yeah, I am working on putting together a network of OGs to help me identify and acquire genetics on original, land grown Hawaiian strains. I believe these originals were derived and grown out of Aloha, which is an actual, real concept and state of being. As plants know you, I also believe they know their purpose. And when they are in their original state, they flourish. Not saying advancements and enhancements arent good, but the old originals were literally divinely made. I hope to share one day as soon as it all comes together.

6 Likes

I plan to spend a lot more time in Hawaii in the months and years to come. It’s a major layover point for me to get to Asia, but I’ve never actually seen it from more than windows. I’d love to get some recommendations from you as I get closer to leaving.

3 Likes

Who, that’s what I’m working on. I am meeting with as many OG locals as I can. I have one that is a huge help, and a few others that offer a great deal of history and insight. One of the best things they provide is wading through all the bs online. These cats know their stuff. And I am so appreciative. Any questions you want me to ask I’ll be happy to try and do so.

6 Likes

Hello all. Just stumbled across this site and wanted to say hello. I have but one friend in real life into the cannabis hobby as I’m still in a prohibitionist state in midwest USA. Happy to be here and hopefully participate in friendly discussion about my favorite plant. Cheers!

15 Likes

Hi and welcome to OG Cbizzle, sorry to hear your state is anti weed, hopefully soon that will change.

4 Likes

Hey @Cbizzle Welcome to Og, I was in the same boat, really feels good to be able to talk about growing to others!

7 Likes

Hi everyone I stumbled on this forum tonight. I am not big on joining forums but I fumbled around here and thought it was a cool community with real people creating an honest knowledge base. I am from Australia and new to growing cannabis. I have been trying to get my head around it this year. I took advantage of Covid19 lockdown to germinate and watch cannabis plants grow in my hotel. I am Medellin Colombia at the moment so it is all legal. I hope I can learn from you guys and maybe contribute in terms of what I am learning here in the cannabis industry in Colombia.

Looking forward to reading heaps of stuff!!

Cheers everyone!

14 Likes

Hey @Agrower Welcome to Over Grow!

We have a few Aussies here. :sunglasses: :+1:
Very cool you are in Colombia! Maybe start a thread on what you are learning there.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Welcome to overgrow @Agrower the best cannabis community on earth…Being in Columbia you have a chance to find some rare killer genetics there .Enjoy and be safe.

5 Likes

Hey @Agrower welcome to OG!

5 Likes

Hello,

Long time toker, newbie medical grower excited to be joining the community here. I am a cook/chef by trade and love growing plants of all kinds. Very hungry to learn and looking forward to contributing to all the preservation and sharing of wisdom and genetics that happens here.

13 Likes

Welcome aboard

5 Likes

Welcome to overgrow!

6 Likes

Welcome to both @Agrower and @MantisTobogganMD!

One piece of advice I would give to newcomers is this: Do not fear asking questions here. You will not be flamed or derided here. With the knowledge and experience base on OG, it’s highly likely someone here will have the answers or advice.

The other thing I would advise is to get involved. Start a grow log, ask questions, and of course peruse the Encyclopedia Weedanica contained here.

You will be Strainaholics soon if not already.

Kev

6 Likes