Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Is it ?
You are only allowed *
Up to 20 grams (0.7 ounces) of marijuana , is decriminalized for Colombians. For personal…

As a tourist, or working in Colombia, the cops there will hit on you and spot fine you…especially in the parks etc…
…as for growing in your hotel…fuck man just watch what your doing…or you be paying out bribes.

Whither it’s legal or not…Don’t go overboard…and good luck,

If your in El Poblando and Parque Lleras .you should score Colombian Ora…I don’t know about t now days …on my last visit …there weed is still the best.
And the chicas are a real friendly…as long as you got the greenbacks…take care.
Especially in times of COVID…Colombia has a lot of poverty…and some times people get desperate.

Ye visit Botrello plaza y quatape.

If you ever get offered Choco weed from the province of Choco…it’s well potent. And something special.

6 Likes

Hey everyone ,
Was a member in early 2000s as a teenager, dreaming of today.

I am a 100% newb to growing my own .
Totally into this for the hobby and joy of growing.
And also I enjoy community growth and kindest.
I hope to fit in, learn lots and make friends.

Very easy to get along with, and I take criticism very well :slight_smile:

So I will share my post here, hoping To make a friend or two! Thanks!!

I have finally assembled my grow tent , light is set up.

Any one looking to come along for the ride, be My guest!!
I have a friend who will be donating me some clones. He is rooting them for me too.

I am intersted in indicas.

My friend is going to supply me first round of nutrients, and soil. So I will start with his suggestions and learn from him, you guys, and through My mistakes.
Things I still need ( also open To suggestions)
I still have locate some circulation fans, intake /exhaust, flex pipe. A good electrical power bar . Pots, trays (what sizes should i get for stages through veg? I don’t want to grow very tall. Hoping for short and bushy.
I am sure I will be making a 100 trips to hardware store and grow store…I guess I can learn everytime i go. LOL id like to limit my trips however.

I am hoping for a very controlled growing environment. 2 strong females . Will try 3-4 clones and hope they all take…
If anyone wants to suggest some MUST READ threads for first time grower let me know,
Cheers all. Happy to be back

15-17 years ago, HPS was the norm for growing, and not accessible or affordable to a teenager .

From what I’ve been told and seen, this LED light will work fine for 2 plants…I will not be offended if im told it is not adequate or ideal.

I BELIeve i will be starting with Weding cake. 9lb hammer and p.kush. From clones.

Also x some tips for tents would be great .

8 Likes

Welcome to OG, Calix!

If you are interested in getting the most of the site I’d suggest reading some tips about our platform: New to OG? How to use the site? Tips, tricks ✨

5 Likes

I have frequently checked into the forums here and finally decided to sign up. Been growing for a few years and thoroughly enjoying playing with unique strains. I am interested in starting my own breeding program and also on the hunt for unique genetics. Glad to be here!

8 Likes

Welcome @PCC5rivers!

6 Likes

Welcome @Calix and @PCC5rivers

8 Likes

Hi Calix, Welcome to Over Grow!! :+1: :sunglasses:

There’s lots to learn here! Explore and search through the threads, ask questions.

When you are comfortable, start your grow log, you will be surprised how that will ‘up your game’ :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Hi @PCC5rivers, Welcome aboard! :call_me_hand:

If you are interested in breeding try:

and: a few other threads like:

I’m sure you will find many items of interest.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Thanks for the info! Looks very interesting!!

4 Likes

Not new, but now more active here. I’ve been growing on and off for about 4 years now . Big sativa person but still have love for indica. Started off on grass city and over time saw the toxicity of it and venture here by reccomendation from my mentor . Much better community for sure , I see it every day .
Sadly I’m in a non legal state so I cant go crazy but I make due with what I have . I dont know it all but I’m always here to help newcomers to growing!

6 Likes

Hi Panamajock and that thanks for your wise words. There is a great deal of poverty in Colombia and under the current COVID situation desperate people in desperate times do desperate things. The law in Colombia allows for the growing of up to 20 plants for personal use. The emphasis is on strictly personal use. I am here with a business visa and my business is cannabis. I am a licensed cannabis grower and cannabis product manufacturer. We are in CBD medicinal. I have been in and out of Colombia for the past 5 years and even though I dont take anything for granted and I am far from bullet proof, a lot of things have happened in the past 5 years that have taught me how to move around and work in Colombia. So please dont worry bro.

7 Likes

Maybe in the future!! The only thing I have learnt is that the more I think I know this amazing plant the less I really know!! I have still so much to learn before I can even think of speaking with any authority!!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Ye it truly is a great country with friendly people.
I’ve travelled a bit in it…I do like the Caribbean side…hope your venture goes ok.

Ciudate

4 Likes

Hi everyone

I’m 30 from France, been living the last 3 yr in Czech Republic as the OP, now in the move to Berlin.
I’ve been growing only indoor since 2008 with 2 cfl and then i made a diy led lights for my last closet in cz, wasn’t smoking much but growing and discover what’s hiding in those beans is too damn fun !
Registering here on OG is like taking part in some old legend brought back to life, and to read some of your présentation from différents parts of the globe, it does something !

13 Likes

Welcome to OG Stoo,the legend lives on stronger than ever.

9 Likes

Bienvenue a Overgrow @Stoo . A great place to gain knowledge!!!

6 Likes

Uncle Ben taught me how not to act on a grow forum

thanks Uncle Ben :slight_smile:

but he could grow

3 Likes

Hey @Stoo, Welcome to Overgrow!

You are part of the legend now! :call_me_hand: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Sorry been a bit busy lately, but hey @allthenewguys! welcome to OG! Something here for everyone.

2 Likes

Hi OG
Bears_win is my handle , from sunny Sierra foothills and I just joined up at overgrow.com.

I’m excited to get more in breeding F2s learning about The ancient Art of ye olde pollen chuck ( for friends neighbors and family of course ) And getting more into the artisanal side of growing.

I’m currently a full sun outdoor guy.
5 seasons as a depper And retired for while to enjoy the “easier” life of a dirt merchant. Before that I cut my teeth indoors for 3 years… And before that I was the punk kid setting up Ewok villages in the forest and getting gorilla.( I have ambitions to keep on doing this someday again…) life gets boring for you.
Make a secret oasis deep in the woods. Guaranteed fun.

I’m considering an LED grow to be able to keep
My passion going year round. But I spend roughly 1200hours a year in my patches so I may just shelve that idea and enjoy the winters off.

I look forward to participating and hopefully sharing some creations with you all.
Currently really enjoying making ponds , hugelkuktur beds, and learning about KNF and biodynamics And that sweet spot where organic agriculture meets naturally derived PGRs to create some really huge huge plants.

I’m a believer in empowering the average joe to grow their own smoke, NOT supporting dispensaries and “wreck” cannabis At the cost of local
Communities. And recognizing that we are all spice traders/growers one of the most Ancient markets and arts…

Currently I think that auto flowers have a huge opportunity to help “ average joes “ put out a plant on their porch and crop some tasty buds in 3 months.
I’m not a huge fan of growing autos myself personally… but I think the potential is there to really help people get a successful 1st grow in and awaken a knowledge in cultivation and botany that is inherent in all of us.

I’ll
Try to be respectful and contribute.cheers!
And look forward to joining the conversation.

13 Likes