Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Welcome to OG @slain, cant wait to see you contribute.
:+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Howdy @SpikPT, @Smokesteve, @Zion, and @slain! Welcome and happy grows. Check out all the categories and you’ll find the perfect place to ask any question. peeps are very nice and very talented, here.

Peace

8 Likes

Hello one and all :slightly_smiling_face:
Im in southern UK trying to do what I can when I can lol
I’m part of the old overgrow from before 06 and am hoping to help it’s reincarnation here to become just as great as its parent :+1:

Have a good one guys and overgrow the world :ok_hand:

16 Likes

Welcome SS! I’m new too, and the place is pretty damn cool, so far. Great peeps with the right attitude! Enjoy! peace

6 Likes

I agree best site from this genre available. Kudos to most of overgrows community

8 Likes

I’d love to see that LED guide. Its cool to see what designs people come up with for using these. Palindrome has a really cool thread that you might find interesting here:

https://overgrow.com/t/the-led-hack-shack-and-other-tall-tales/

What strains have you been working with?

5 Likes

Welcome to OG slain. Alot of good growers here I;m learning from the best.

4 Likes

you came to right place . the people here are great and very helpful.

3 Likes

Hi Poppa a great place for sure

3 Likes

Hi Beacher,
For the last 12 months it’s been about stabilising a mostly sativa best suited to the patch I use.
This year it’s been a ((707 TruthbandXChannel)+ (X Critical 2.0)) X (MalawiXPanama) :grin:
This is an indoor/outdoor project. Indoor mostly to initially select and also to stabilize, outdoor to test and also select.
The ACE Malawi is ridiculously tolerant of our conditions, I have seen one sit in a 2 litre pot survive to more than two months with no rain and the pheno I am using has an incredible dank oily mango skin smell, so the focus has been to introduce some other genetics into that. I have used a good pheno I have of Medical Seeds Channel + for a lot of my projects, this is just one of those strains that seems to improve everything I cross it with in terms of potency, yield and habit but also it mostly takes on the smell/taste of what you cross it with. This is a very useful characteristic.

Last year it was crazy wet here and I lost a lot through bud rot, so a suitable strain needs to not be solid chunky colas in the wettest month, meaning mixing the right amount of Sativa and Indica etc to get the finish time here around mid March, early April.

At the moment I am also working on a very stinky Tangie/Haze to cross over the MalawiXPanama. Once I have a solid Stinky Lime/Manderine/Mango skin sativa with all the traits I want, I’ll add some 9lb hammer to it to bring it down in height, shorten flower times a bit and put some heft into the buds.

8 Likes

Wow, sounds like you’ve been busy for a while. I’m looking forward to seeing your stuff!

3 Likes

What part of the rainy world are you growing in, Slain? Sounds like a lot going on with your grows and very interesting. peace

1 Like

Howdy @MsBelle, @Trich_house, @Phatlewtz. Come in the house! Welcome to the best collection of talented growers on the net. The best part of OG is the integrity and compassion of the members. We love growing weed not egos.
Light one up, teach, learn and have some fun! Let’s grow! Jah!

10 Likes

Oz my friend, about middle of the east coast, It’s not always wet, some years it pours for months on end, some years like this year it hardly rains at all and bakes all summer. A good year here is a cracker, but like everywhere I guess they are getting more unpredictable.

7 Likes

Welcome @slain and @SouthernSkunk and @Smokesteve!!!

Good to have you, now show us what you got! :wink::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Welcome to all the new growers or people looking to get into it we have lots of great people here to help you along the way hope ur grows do great and keep it up :blush:

7 Likes

High Shadey, it is not easy to get rrid of me :smile:, I’m glad I finally found you (you can blame LabRat for that :innocent:), still have many things to learn and avoid coitus, cheers …

1 Like

Hi George, I was wondering how you were doing, have you harvested yet?

2 Likes

G’day G’day from the Valley… The Ottawa Valley that is. I thought I had better start posting a little and getting more involved in this wonderful community. So much to learn. I have been spending a lot of time reading through threads, and the amount of valuable info that is available should be a “feather in the cap” to all those who contribute.

I was on OG 1.0 and was really glad to see it revived from the ashes. I was a newbie then and I still consider myself a newbie now. I managed to take what I learned then and do a few guerrilla grows over the years, nothing huge, just enough for myself and a few friends. With the law changing in Canada (long overdue, imo), I decided to give it a shot again. I was fortunate enough to be gifted a Skywalker OG clone a few months ago and have been using it as a mother plant and re-educating myself on care, cloning, etc. I am a firm believer in the “walk before running” method of learning. Experience, both good and bad, is beneficial as long as I learn from it.

Once I get some pictures sorted out I’ll start a thread on my experience so far. I am not working with a big budget, so it won’t be anything fancy, but hopefully it will serve it’s purpose. Again, the “walk before running” method…lol

Anywhoo, enough rambling, I gotta lot more reading to do. Thanks OG’ers and Peace.

19 Likes

Welcome back to the Overgrow, @anon95954822 !

That’s what is wonderful about growing, you really don’t need a large budget to achieve successful results. Plenty of examples of both the fancy along with the simple set-ups in the grow logs. Everyone brings something unique and intriguing, too!

8 Likes