Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

High Shadey, it is not easy to get rrid of me :smile:, I’m glad I finally found you (you can blame LabRat for that :innocent:), still have many things to learn and avoid coitus, cheers …

1 Like

Hi George, I was wondering how you were doing, have you harvested yet?

2 Likes

G’day G’day from the Valley… The Ottawa Valley that is. I thought I had better start posting a little and getting more involved in this wonderful community. So much to learn. I have been spending a lot of time reading through threads, and the amount of valuable info that is available should be a “feather in the cap” to all those who contribute.

I was on OG 1.0 and was really glad to see it revived from the ashes. I was a newbie then and I still consider myself a newbie now. I managed to take what I learned then and do a few guerrilla grows over the years, nothing huge, just enough for myself and a few friends. With the law changing in Canada (long overdue, imo), I decided to give it a shot again. I was fortunate enough to be gifted a Skywalker OG clone a few months ago and have been using it as a mother plant and re-educating myself on care, cloning, etc. I am a firm believer in the “walk before running” method of learning. Experience, both good and bad, is beneficial as long as I learn from it.

Once I get some pictures sorted out I’ll start a thread on my experience so far. I am not working with a big budget, so it won’t be anything fancy, but hopefully it will serve it’s purpose. Again, the “walk before running” method…lol

Anywhoo, enough rambling, I gotta lot more reading to do. Thanks OG’ers and Peace.

19 Likes

Welcome back to the Overgrow, @anon95954822 !

That’s what is wonderful about growing, you really don’t need a large budget to achieve successful results. Plenty of examples of both the fancy along with the simple set-ups in the grow logs. Everyone brings something unique and intriguing, too!

8 Likes

I agree with @Northern_Loki you can grow on a budget like I did and am doing along with others here on og check out a few threads and good luck on ur grows

9 Likes

High Shadey, not yet, made more mistakes :slight_smile: , check this thread, still panicking when needed … :laughing:

6 Likes

High everyone, I live in the north coast of Spain, here it is not legal yet to cultivate weed so I just started learning how to grow it by myself to avoid having to buy bad quality one.Thanks to Shadey and LabRat (I met in CC forums). I finally managed to achieve one harvest (leaving left behind many coitus plants with mold and nutrient burns :roll_eyes:) but little by little I am learning thanks to people’s help and patience. Right now I am finishing my first DWC grow and I think the nexts ones will be also this way.

Please forgive my poor English skills and noobish questions, this isn’t something you can learn from one day to another, but after visiting many sites since the coitus of CC Forums I think I will stick to this great community, cheers …

18 Likes

Onward and upwards is the go mate :slight_smile: At least you have chop to smoke that you grew with your own two hands and that’s what it is all about at the end of the day.

9 Likes

Welcome George! You’ll get it real quick! It’s a fun plant to learn about. It never stops amazing you. Glad to have you here, and enjoy!

peace

8 Likes

I’m from DC. Tryna learn the game and the science of it. Hope to be able to create my own strains one day.

11 Likes

Welcome…TK… read all the basics as best you can and keep it simple in the beginning, and you’ll be humming along before you know it. It is a weed after all, albeit a tasty one. peace

6 Likes

Newly arrived Zone 6 cultivator here. This cold weather is a challenge for sure. Still newish at growing, and have had some success and a bit failure. I’m a hack cook, amatuer baker, and plan on opening my own kitchen in the near future. I like sports, food, and pretty girls.
I dislike dog poop on the bottom of my shoes. Let’s grow together as humans and farmers.

19 Likes

Hi, Cartwright, welcome to this great community, I am also fighting (and failing) with cold conditions and have a poor experience, but here I found really good people willing to help. It is a good place to learn and share experiences, make yourself comfortable …

9 Likes

Welcome Cartwright…we have growers at every level here, up to and including, a few top breeders. Ask all you want and people will try and answer and get you happy with your grow. Enoy!

peace

6 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, happy to be here, hope I can be a benefit and not a drain :wink:

9 Likes

Everyone here is a benefit lol

You help to add to the already growing piles of information

Welcome @Cartwright

5 Likes

Hey @George! Welcome to our home. We’ve all been there on the same learning curve that you find yourself on at one time. You have come to the right place. You have ventured into a world of super talented and intelligent growers that are equally generous with their knowledge and proven expertise. The best thing about them is they are the finest group of people I have ever known. I must say you have testiculado gigantes to start your cannabis growing journey in DWC! Stick around brother. You’re gonna like it here. One Love. Jah!
oleskool
:cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

“super talented and intelligent growers” :astonished: No doubt you’re a supporter! :smile: Just kidding, I second that. BTW, nothing especially remarkable down here :grin:, just started with DWC following LabRat’s advice and guidance: no need to arouse each day, I can control what she eats and drinks (no more nutrient burn), can be away some days without problem, no need to hire killer spiders against gnats (as Shadey does), no need to change from one pot to another bigger, no pests …

For me they are all advantages I don’t see disadvantages at all, I still make mistakes but now I know how to correct them, with more experience and your help it will be a piece of cake. Peace, bro … :+1:

12 Likes

Well said my friend. Let’s Grow!
:cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

Hello all. Looking forward to learning some tips.

16 Likes