Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

I’m a new grower from Texas… Idk if the seed I planted is a photo or auto(it’s looking good so far) it’s still in the window seal Have not put it outside yet??? Any advice?

6 Likes

I would grow her up to a foot at least before transplanting. Gives you some time to prepare the soil you going to put her in. Lime, manure, peat moss and maybe a few other things if you have a budget.

4 Likes

Ashcroft put his weight behind it no doubt that was a dark time in America the DEA had billboards that said you thought it was dry last year DEA on hwy 70 and 44 both major distribution hwys locally headshops started getting rid of bongs and pretty much any pipe that couldn’t be considered traditional

They didn’t lie either Reggie went from 5 to 800 in less than a month

Thanks I have her in organic soil it has peat/coco with compost… I add about half oz of lime in a one gallon mix… First 2 nodes are close together… I’m thinking wait until I see about 4-5 nodes before moving to a 5-7 gallon?:eyes::thinking:

2 Likes

The Police and doggs whos here , they tok seeds för över 700 and mini plants .i feel this is Black energi . ,and destroy lamps ,led lamps and ho

2 Likes

@BjFool, @V4vendetta please continue discussion in BjFool’s garden topic:

3 Likes

I never introduced myself, hello all, paws is back from the older days of OG. I love this site, everyone is so helpful and always welcoming. We are all in good hands together… lets overgrow the world…!!!

Pawsfodocaws

10 Likes

Hello, I am new to the forum, but I was involved in growing indoors 2005-2007, primarily the White Widow strain. I was successful cloning some of my girls better traits. It seems a lot of changes have occurred between now and then and I am excited to try some of the newer strains that are out now. Currently I a couple of Critical Mass (auto) and Amnesia Haze in the early stages. Looking forward to being a member on OG.com!

15 Likes

Hey @Tejas! Welcome to Over Grow!

There’s lots of interesting projects on the go around here and some amazingly talented folks doing them. Be sure to explore and ask questions, there is lots to learn.

Cheers
G.

2 Likes

Welcome home @Pawsfodocaws… it’s nice to formally meet you! I’m glad you came back to OG!

Welcome to OG @Tejas!
White Widow is an easy plant to grow and clone and gives respectable yields.
The Amnesia Haze you’re growing is just as easy to grow/clone and also gives respectable yields… and Amnesia Haze is much more potent than White Widow. It’ll be a new favorite of yours, I’m sure.

5 Likes

I’m sure this is the wrong place to post. But just incase I’m wrong, im just looklooking to see if this forrum is active or not. I’m a new and old grower, basically quit growing when we had our first child which was 20 years ago, just got my medical license, so I’m now getting ready to start this garden and I’m just looking for a place to be around like minded people.
I’m michael from Oklahoma City.

17 Likes

This is the right place to introduce yourself… :+1: Welcome cinDakush! Congrats to your license!

5 Likes

Hi @cinDakush! Welcome to Over Grow.
You will find a lot of 'like minded ’ folks here and OG is an amazingly well run site too.
Be sure to explore and ask questions, there is lots here to learn!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

You’re in the right place!!! You want some seeds? Free!!!
Afghani x (Blueberry x Northern Lights)

18 Likes

Hey all, I’ve been here for awhile, mostly reading and learning. I figured it was past time that I posted a hello. I’m in Michigan and have a grow of 6 plants. I have helped out with some friends who grew but have never had a successful grow on my own. Mostly because I never seriously tried before now. I have some tumors in my head that are putting pressure on my optic nerve, pituitary and whatever else is in that area. They cause some serious migraine headaches daily and I’m sick and tired of poisoning my body with opiates and barbiturates to control the migraines, so that is why I decided to give growing a shot.

I started my babies from seeds and they’ve been in an aerogarden hydro unit up until yesterday. They’re Fire OG kush and so far they are doing great. Yesterday we transplanted them from the aerogarden over to some fabric pots with a mix of topsoil and coco/perlite. I thought for sure that I was going to kill them because we had to actually cut some of the finer roots to get them apart. I never imagined that they would have been that tangled up in only 30 days. I’ll know to watch them more closely in the next group. The pics are from yesterday when they were 30 days old.

Cheers! I’m glad to be here!

:scream: roots 05302020
after transplant 05302020

16 Likes

Thanks for the invitation. I’m growing outside in AZ. I have a background in saltwater aquariums and coral farming and had my own store for a few years. I’ve been committed to cannabis since 1992. I just want to thank the breeders who are making such great genetics available. It’s heaven on Earth for old heads like me who grew up on bammer. It was a bummer that bammer.

10 Likes

:scream_cat:

I bought one of these things at Christmas, thought I would run some cilantro in my window sil but never did after looking at the Miracle Grow nutrients it came with… Been meaning to mess around with it for cannabis.

Sorry to hear about the migraines Bizzy, I know that one all too well, we have great threads here about various pain management strains, processes and delivery methods for your medicine as well as lots of folks likely in your area facing the similar circumstances so don’t be shy, ask around, you found a great place to learn and share.

6 Likes

I’m in very hot and dry weather outdoors AZ organic soil and containers of various mixes if you want to test that climate. I am legal for 12 plants and only have 5 going right now Platinum OG, Vader OG and JtheRip. I do have some Purple Crash regs coming so there’s a possibility we could make that cross.

5 Likes

Wow!, we’re getting multiple new members every day now… this is good for the community as a whole!

Welcome to OG @cinDakush… you most definitely have come to the right place… and we are all active… actively growing cannabis and learning from one another. This IS the community you should be a member of and we’re glad you’re here!

Welcome to OG @Bizzy.
It bums me out that you have to go through the suffering of debilitating migraine headaches and use useless opiates that rarely work well.
There are a lot of great strains that will help you with your migraines… the ones that smell like black pepper will work the best. The terpene beta - Caryophyllene is a very potent anti-inflammatory/pain killer and is responsible for the smell of black pepper.

Welcome to OG @Solowolf!
Another desert grower… it’s nice to see. I live in the upper Mojave in California and we’ve already got to experience temps of 108° with a humidity level at 7%. I think it’s gonna be a very hot and dry summer.
There are quite a few exceptional outdoor/guerrilla growers around here to lend a hand in need or offer answers to questions.

Welcome all!

13 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! I was hesitant about the miracle grow stuff it came with too, it otherwise is a fantastic unit IMO. I had gotten my ducks in a row (kind of) before I started the seeds and I have been using Cyco nutes instead of what they supplied. I can use those on my flower plants out in the greenhouse. Only bad thing is I had originally planned on going totally hydroponic and got liquid nutes, then at the last minute decided to use the coco/perlite/topsoil mixture. I’ll figure it out, probably mix the nutes with rainwater in a big container then water as needed. I’m still playing with this stuff, just hope I don’t mess it up because I really want them to do well. Growing one’s own pain medication is going to be a lifesaver for my wallet.

@DesertGrown, thanks for the welcome. The headaches are not new and the good thing is that they are benign. Just a pain in the arse, or rather, my head. Same thing sometimes. Haha! A friend of mine recently gave me some sample edibles that he made and they are awesome! I don’t really care for the feeling of a deep body buzz, but I have not slept better in literally years. It was like getting in a cool shower on a very hot day. I just wish I could feel that way all day every day.

I’m looking forward to getting to know everybody here and learning new things and sharing my experience with these cool little plants.

9 Likes