Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

cheers both. its good to be here. im still working out whats what on here, i heard of this place years ago and thought i would join up to see whats going on over the pond. good to see a fair few from the uk too. peace all

9 Likes

Welcome aboard smokie1.

Could just be me but it seems the smoke clouds around here tend to obscure the obvious from time to time. There is quite a wealth of solid info and friendly conversation to keep you occupied. Happy hunting.

Blaze up, kick back and enjoy.

11 Likes

I’m still new here and I never introduced myself when I joined so here it is.

What’s up Overgrow. I’ve been growing almost 10 years now and I’m still learning every run. I like to chuck a little pollen here and there, it’s becoming more and more fun with more success each time. I look forward to sharing my beans and making new friends. Cheers!

18 Likes

@zion @smokie1 @paintedfire420

Glad you guys found the page. Any questions just ask. Great community. If you have not checked out the grow FAQs take some time to do so, especially if your new to growing. Tons of great info and tips found there.

11 Likes

Hey all,
Joined a few weeks ago, getting geared up to get back into the mix after a 15+ year hiatus. Doing my research on LEDs and super soil before I start accumulating genetics.

Now if I could just find the few Dutch Flowers lemon haze cross seeds I was gifted by an OG OG’er! (I think it was skunk #1 x w DF lemon haze). Sadly I think they may be lost, but if I find them, I’ll need some help figuring out the best way to get them to germ!

11 Likes

@newb2.0 , Head over to the Getting Started section of the grow faqs. You’ll find what you need there.

Get your water situation worked out before you waste your beans.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Welcome…nice nick lol.

Speaking of old crosses from original OG, I’d kill to have romeo and juliet again. NYCDxc99, romeo was one strain male and Juliet was the other way, they were absolutely incredible. Anyone remember those? The user was named after an Ayn Rand character, really cool guy!

I gave all my juliets to a friend (like 15), he started them all then culled like half a week in because he felt they weren’t vigorous enough, I was so freaking pissed. The Juliet was so potent I remember being afraid of it haha

12 Likes

Welcome @paintedfire420 and @newb2.0! Enjoy!

peace

5 Likes

Hello LemonadeJoe, and all @ OG.
First off let me say how happy I was when I found out ( by accident ) that OG was back online. What a fluke ay? Canada shuts down a cannabis website then goes whole country legal. Well I’m a 55 year old US Airforce vet waiting and praying for a kidney transplant, I live in a non legal recreational state in the northeast, but I love, love to grow in my 4x4 tent, I’m hopeful that our state will go legal soon since all the surrounding states went legal. I have a med. marijuana card but between the dr. and the state the price is a ridiculous $300.00 per year, that’s one of the main reasons I choose to grow my own. I’ve had a few grows all pretty successful but I can’t stop reading everything I can about growing and the science behind it. Thanks for reading, I can’t wait to chat with you all as I’m sure I will learn much. CouchKushn.

17 Likes

You’re in the right spot. Welcome to the BEST run community on the net. Not only is it ran extremely well i can say with confidence that this is the tightest knit online community there is. Kidney failure is no joke. If there is any help you need please dont hesitate to ask.

9 Likes

Thanks very much PoppaPuff.

8 Likes

Hello @CouchKushn, welcome back to the Overgrow!

6 Likes

Welcome CouchKushn! I love that screen name. I got a chuckle out that. “I just be couchkushn, here on my couchkushn” … lol

You’ll boost your growing skills and strain knowledge exponentially by hanging out on a good forum like this and asking questions and discussing common issues. We all love looking at pictures, too. You know, simple pleasures for simple minds… heh.

No shame from anybody around here. We’re all being safe and enjoying our fun hobby and trying to make the world a better place while doing it! Not many of us come in here as experts but most will leave every day being closer to one.

happy grows!

peace

10 Likes

Hey, everybody. Just ran across this site and glad to be here.
Got a couple little spots with sumpn sweet goin’
Currently in the Southwest US and the biggest challenge here (outside of the law) is the heat.
I’ll be watching for ventilation and cooling topics, for sure!

13 Likes

Welcome @gypsydavey! I was in West Texas for a few years before moving to southern Colorado. I’m right north of the New Mexico border. Growing is a challenge in the desert.

Happy growing, and keep em cool. There are a few tricks to growing outside… if using pots they will cook inside of them. maybe fabric pots but you have to have a water source close. Watering every day is normal, too.

Let us see some pics when things get rollin. Good people around here and I mean better than any other forum I’ve been on. Stand up group here. Tons of knowledge with noobs to famous breeders posting here. Everybody wants you to succeed as much as you want yourself to, also.

Have fun and stay safe! Happy times of the year for me. I love growing outside.

peace

7 Likes

Hi. New member, first time grower. Female 40years old from Norway.Yoga instructor and growing for medical purposes for my own use only. I have two northern lights and two blue cheese plants. Hoping to find inspiration and help on this site. Looks very good so far :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

Hi @MiniM, welcome to the Overgrow!

Plenty of friendly and very talented folk here to help you with your efforts. If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Maybe consider start a grow journal on your adventure, too.

https://overgrow.com/c/general-indoor-growing/growroom-diaries

5 Likes

Thank you :blush: I will start a growing journal, and look forward to see others journals :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Hey GMan, nice to meet you.
Thanks for liking my screen name, Kush is one of my favs. and I always end up on my couch so I figured why not. I feel very welcome already so thank you very much. You say you were from West Texas, my last tour of duty was from 84 to 87 and I was stationed at Cannon Airforce base in Clovis N.M. I live 5 mi. from the Texas border. When we wanted to go to the mall for shopping we would either drive to Lubbock, or Amarillo. I got a speeding ticket from a crooked cop in Mule Shoe Texas one day, he told me that if I paid him in cash it would be half the the price, so I did and it went straight into his pocket LOL.

7 Likes

Hello @Northern_Loki, nice to meet you, and thank you.

5 Likes