Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Hi@gypsydavey, I’m new here too, and though I live in the northeast it does get to the 90s and above in the summer. I grow in a 4x4 tent with 2 315watt CMH lights, I was forced to only grow in the colder months due to the high heat and humidity, but I just bought a 10,000 B.T.U. Portable AC unit with dehumidifier so I’ll be seeing how that all turns out, I’ll keep you in mind and let you know how things go. I’d like to hear what you do to fight the heat. I lived in eastern N.M. A long while back so I know the heat your talking about. Talk to you later.

5 Likes

@GMan Hi again GMan, maybe you can help me with this. I’m not super savvy on a P.C. but I’d like to know 2 things, the first is how does one get a personalized avitar picture next to their name. And I’d like to know what a good camera would be to take some really good pics of the girls, I’d like something that I get a close up of the tricombs too. If you or anyone can help with these two things I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

3 Likes

Well I figure it is about time I introduce myself… My name is Rob and I live in Eastern Canada (Newbrunswick) originally from British Columbia but been here since i was 7. I am 38 years old and work as a mechanic during the day and at home as a stoner at night haha .I was a member of the original OG back in the early 2000’s, back then i used to grow indoors, i had a homemade 6’x6’ tent made from 2"x2"'s and mylar it was a 8 bucket hydro set up… I had stopped growing around 05 and in 07 i also gave up weed… everytime i would get stoned at that point it was unpleasant, it was only not long ago i started smoking weed again… This year is gonna be my first outdoor grow and i am planning on putting together another indoor tent setup… at this point i can’t ever see myself giving up cannabis again , with the strains available and vaporizers that you can basically choose your buzz there is no reasons for unpleasant highs, although i think its mostly sativas that do that to me… Anyways thats about all I can think of at the moment, i am happy to be part of this forum again and happy to learn from all the knowledgeable people and hopefully can contribute in a positive way in the times to come…

13 Likes

Hi @rob0781, this is for the protocol :grin: , let me call you Rob instead.Thanks for this introduction, now text time I will read you I will know more from you. This should be the spirit of this thread. I know you are an active contributor, so I don’t have to explain you anything about this forum, the FAQ, helping people or family spirit as you already know it …

I prefer this than saying hello to people would never appear more after explaining them from the A to the Z what is this forum about. Hope more people act like you did. Pleased to meet yo, Rob … :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Welcome. I love New Brunswick, we used to go out there every summer as kids and I’ve done a few road trips out there as an adult.

Although I think Nova Scotia is maybe just a bit more beautiful, especially cape Breton, NB will always be my favorite! Awesome country and people…now I want a cold schooner :beers:

6 Likes

As for NS i agree and i also love cape breton… Newbrunswick isn’t to bad either i am just outside of Moncton, one thing i do know is i definitely don’t want a schooner ewwww haha… i rarely drink but if i do I’m more of a coors or moosehead drinker.

6 Likes

I used to vacation just outside of Rexton. Had a small wood lot that we built a cabin on. Many good times and memories from our times “down east”.

Welcome aboard Rob.

6 Likes

Hi I’m from Australia but about as far down south as you can get hence my name. I was a member back around 01 - 05 but was fairly young & generally just lurked. Learned some amazing stuff back in the day DWC before you could buy kits & all the growers in my area who saw that original set-up said it’ll never work & all ate their words.Bit older a little wiser & after a 10 year break from growing have been back in the game for 8 months on my 3rd cycle since starting last Aug. Running a 1.5 x 1.5 x 2.0 tent currently just 1 old school batwing 600, 2 x 2 site 57Ltr DWC totes. Growing unknown strains from bagseed but have found some keepers will post pics shortly am at day 43 flower. Have just popped my 1st ever branded/bred seeds La Plata Labs “Flubber” so really looking forward to seeing how well it performs & looking forward to being back on the best grow forum. Thanks for reading sry for long intro

16 Likes

Welcome back, my sister emigrated to New Zealand, she loves it there.

5 Likes

Hi fellow growers. Massachusetts born and raised. First introduced to the flower back in the late 1960’s early 70’s, no not a hippy. Young family had me only sporadically toking since but certainly not frequent enough. With it now legal here to possess and grow it was the perfect time to get into growing as I’ve had a green thumb over the years. First grow started last July inside with an Amazon kit. Am on 4th grow and have mixed results. Product satisfying but yields not great, 3-4 oz for 2 plants, Probably the LED light I’m using is underpowered. Have plants in nursery ready for planting outside, now to keep animals and grandchildren away from them. Looking for info and ideas in how to grow better. Thanks
for the add.

21 Likes

Hi man welcome to OG, start a grow thread with a list of what you use and how you do it with pics and everyone will help you out as much as they can.

7 Likes

Hey y’all just wanted to formally introduce myself.

Lifetime smoker and with recent legislation changes in Canada have been doing some serious research and planning on plunging into the world of cultivation. The upside of that is I’ll know right away when I taste my first harvest whether I’m on the right track or not.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to the OG community for helping me out both before and after I registered as a user.

I have a little thread started in the organics area and plan on starting a diary complete with unskillful pictures once things get rollin’

Cheers,
Stonedmason

15 Likes

Howdy Rob, GreedyFly and Stonedmason! Welcome and feel right at home. People are great.

peace

10 Likes

Shalom / Assalamualaikum

I have just signed up to the community having seen an article by Oldtimer1 on Bonsai-ing MJ plants.

I am a newcomer to growing and started with trying to create a Bonsai (my hobby) for a grower, who was partly instrumental in having the South African government legalise the use of Cannabis, for private use. I was not particularly successful and then I decided to grow inside because, at that time, it was still illegal. I was reasonably successful but was horrified when I took the plants to the grower, to have them looked after while I was on holiday: her manager saw them, through up his hands and declared that they could not be looked after because they were boys and one hermy. They were immediately terminated! Since that time I have been distinctly unsuccessful! I now have only two remaining seedlings struggling because in the R. of S.A it’s the wrong time to grow.

That’s my story!!

Regards to y’all

Careybird

PS I am neither Jewish (although learning Hebrew) nor Muslim but I think that their greetings are very gracious

14 Likes

Hi @Careybird, welcome on board, if you search for “bonsai” in this forum you will find intetesting articles about the bonsai moms and their techniques. I didn’t knew they ever existed. Any doubt you can ask and here you will sure find help and support, cheers … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I thank you, George 1961, I shall, indeed, search among the articles and I thank you for the welcome.
Careybird

8 Likes

Welcome Carybird, everything seems foreign and impossible when it’s new. Growing weed is actually mostly easy after a few basics, like which is male and which is female, heh. The female produce the flowers that we all love to smoke. But the male makes the seeds possible.

So, most folk’s choice is to fool with only female. But, obviously, it’s good to understand the male also for many reasons.

Here is a great website that is easy to understand and it covers all aspects without getting too technical.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/.

It’s a great place to browse and have almost any question answered and covered very quick. You’ll be wanting to show off your pics to us soon!

Enjoy, and ask questions. Peeps are great and will point you in the right direction if they can’t help.

peace

8 Likes

New to OG. Came here after being turned off by a few other sites. Trying to get use to the layout around here. Lots of reading still to do. Look forward to posting some substance in the future. Cheers.

17 Likes

Welcome Lip… I had to get used to it myself. It’s easy after a while and actually a better format in many ways. I’m on another forum as well.

You’ll dig it here. Lots of solid knowledge and experience and a willingness to pass it on.

Enjoy and keep it green!

peace

5 Likes

Hello, GMan - I thank you for your kind welcome.

After meeting the lady who fought the S.A government I became very interested in the uses of MJ and have registered with some sites, one of which is growweedeasy!
There are a couple more but it seems that those who are serious in the art of growing are aware of them already.

I send to you wishes of PEACE - SHALOM!

Careybird

8 Likes