Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Hi @Lip_Dinna, you finally came to the right place! I agree the layout is a bit odd, but I really enjoy now the never-ending scroll down :grin:. Feel free to ask any doubt, I had tested the patience and reactions of these people and so far the results are positively notable :sweat_smile:. Enjoy your stay and do participate from the very beginning … :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I suspect these are the same forums I came from! I still visit those sites to read, just found a great community here.

Looking forward to seeing a journal one day.

7 Likes

Yeah a lot of good info on some of those sites. But OG seems to have that as well. Not such a dick measuring competition here. I think i will stay.

10 Likes

It is like living in a big city or in a small village. I always like better to live in villages, but it also depends on the neighbors you have, in our case, no prob at all … :grin:

10 Likes

Hello members! Was a regular here on the original site. Had no clue it was back up and running. While doing some surfing today, I stumbled upon the site. I cannot remember my old screen name here, wish I could, but it has been a decade or longer since I have been here. I was hunting “Goji” and found a thread from here. The place use to be THE STANDARD for growing, hope that it still is.
I am 65, from Texas, and been growing Bud since I was 15( around 1970 or so) . ALWAYS on the down low HERE…we still hang folks for joints… I pretty much only grow inside now, our friggin 100 degree heat and 90% humidity make it VERY TOUGH to grow quality outdoors in my area.

For years now, all my “runs” have been in Octopot’s. I have gone 100% that way, and also 100% organic. The Octopot is just a bottom feeding wick system, with a 6 gallon grow sleeve going down into a 6 gallon rez. They flower under Gavita DE HPS lamps, the best light I have EVER used. The plants are run SCROG, usually 4 pots per 4 foot by 4 foot screen.

I run through a lot of genetics hunting, so I also run a “Mom” scrog too. This screen runs under T5 lighting, and is where I do all my “hunting” . The big screen is used for MY Bud, the Mom screen to run new stuff on.

I LOVE trading and swapping, the 1 site I post at now is not too fond of that. We do it, all behind the scene’s, and it just feels childish to me. Hopefully here we can be a bit more open.

Hello to all

Peace,

Jet

17 Likes

Welcome back Jetdro, seeds get traded openly, but keep your address to private message only.

6 Likes

10 4

Thanks for the welcome!

5 Likes

Hey friend. Mr Goodfellow here. lol.

I found this place about 6 months ago. I’m impressed and like the vibe. I didn’t know you were the same age as me. A year older actually… I’m sorry, ha.

I haven’t said anything over there. I think people should find their own way. Glad you found it. It’s a better place for old guys like us. It’s much more organic here, in the way people treat each other and share commodities. I love it over there, too, but it’s not the same as it used to be.

Enjoy bro. Lots going on around here.

peace

5 Likes

Hey bro!!!
I LOVE our little site…no issues for me other than low post counts…lol…just looking to see what else is out there.
I LOVE the idea we can free trade here…as YOU KNOW how much I like to do that…

YUP, we be getting OLD!!!.. I mean we are WELL CURED!!!

5 Likes

Same here, I really do love that place. It’s just more quiet these days. I have great friends from there. Fo real.

peace

1 Like

My favorite part of this site as well.

6 Likes

Hello OG family! I’m from the high country of NC. I started growing in a closet under an old school MH 400 back in 2004. I fell in love with growing the first time when the seeds sprouted and I intend to grow for life! I look forward to learning and sharing and educating as many people as possible. Happy gardening to all

11 Likes

Hi @FrostyNugz828, welcome to the community, you came to the right place. Here you will find not only tons of good info but friendly and helpful people. Feel free to ask any doubt and participate from the very beginning,… :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hey thanks for the welcome @George !! I am happy to be a part of the community and look forward to gaining knowledge and sharing my experience

7 Likes

Hey Frosty! Welcome. I’l have to PM you sometime to pick your brain. I live outside Asheville about 22 miles, in a village called Barnardsville. I grew the best pot of my life there. It was very stressful with all of the airplanes flying around looking for grows. I couldn’t take it. heh. I lived out at Cape Hatteras and Nags head before I moved to Asheville.

NC is a beautiful state with some fun and friendly people… along with the best seafood, and beer anywhere in the country!!

You’ll dig it here. Good peeps all around. Losers don’t make it long in here. Have fun. You’ll keep rubbing your eyes to make sure you aren’t dreaming. I know you thought “nice people” was another decade… But, we’re all here… :relieved:

peace

7 Likes

Hey Gman!! Thanks for the warm welcome, I grew up in Boone but have quite a few friends in the Asheville area:) Great music scene as well as the ones you mentioned!! Feel free to PM me anytime man

4 Likes

LMAO…Gman and i go way back…lol…he is a character everyone here will end up loving!

4 Likes

Ok the intro.
Freind steered me here
Couple years at it now not a pro.
Screename says it. Im rooted good but not in my prime yet.
I run 4x4 plots indoors perpetual with dreams of more room
Combo lighting from t5s to cobs
Hlgs ,china purples,strips n all ,oh my.
Sometimes it gets ghetto but theres a theory to it all.

I run soil/coco blend. Roots organics cut with coco n perelite fabric final homes.
Was an AN nutes user with great results but since found a new way. And a lot cheaper. With equal results if not a little better

Only got one plot now
under construction but got all kinds good babies coming up ill make a diary n eventually finish the lab room.

18 Likes

OOOps, I meant to say I used to live there. I left 1999.

Welcome @rooted !

5 Likes

Hello. From Oklahoma
I good friend invited me to join . I am new to this . Can’t wait to soak all the knowledge . Thank you for having me.

18 Likes