Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Sounds good, start a thread. We love pictures :camera_with_flash:

5 Likes

Welcome to our grow party! I bet you have some nice pics. It’s nice to be legal, huh? I’ve been in a legal state for 3 years now. Freedom the way it should be. Plant more seeds! peace

3 Likes

What’s up OG!!!
I’m an Of OG lurker from back in the day. I spent most of my time helping make RIU the hole it was back in the day (side not: one of the people I met on RIU forums actually ended up calling the cops on me and telling them I had a gun, so I was greeted by the SWAT team). Ughhh I was so naive. And btw if any of you guys recognize me as ‘bigbean’ from over there, please know I’m a different person than I was back then lol. Don’t hate me anymore! (I was a little insufferable) :sweat_smile:

Anyways, I’m a growers through and through and I can’t wait to start a journal and share my experience and slight knowledge.

Overgrow the world.

10 Likes

Thank you Gman. Yes indeed, Its very nice to be legal, for once in my life!.. lol … Never thought id live to see the day that Cannabis would become Legal. It still trips me out… Is this just a Dream?? It has to be!! :scream:

Where I live, the prosecutors here wont file charges unless you have a massive warehouse grow without the paperwork… I would say 1 out of every 4 residents grows Cannabisin my area. This state is SATURATED, and the prices are dropping to an all time low. Ive seen zips go for as low as $65 … :astonished:

5 Likes

@GManThanks again for your tips. Been under the weather for the past week. I did move them around a bit just to see how they respond . It has been raining daily and that is a concern of mine also. This outdoor thing is a challenge down here,but I will keep trying. I need all of the advice that is offered.

3 Likes

Hello fellow growers,

Thank you for all of your erudite comments that keep this forum thriving.

To introducing myself, I’ve been gardening since age three; been growing our favorite strains since early 1990s.

Since 2008, I’ve grown 66 connoisseur strains in small batches, and in warehouse production with 32 lights for major dispensaries in West Los Angeles and Orange County; indoor, greenhouse & outdoor in soil, coco, ebb & flow (trays & bucket systems), aeroponics, DWC, and RDWC with water chillers, with almost all of the major nutrient brands, and T5s, MH, HPS, and some Mars LED lights.

Some of the strains: LA Confidential, Blue Dream, CandyLand, pre-98 Bubba Kush, Goji OG, Prayer Tower, GDP, GSC Thin Mints, Platinum Bubba Kush, LSD, Purple Kush, Banana Kush, Alien OG, The White, GG#4, Blue Cookies, Cinderella 99, AK-47, Mammoth, Black Domina, G13, Skywalker OG, Sour Diesel, Sunset Sherbet, Super Skunk, Blackberry Kush, OG Kush, Cheese, White Widow, Infinite Euphoria, Wedding Cake, Ghost Train Haze, and much more.

Strains’ lab-tested potency ranged from 21% up to 28%.

I’ve encountered every known pest, including the dreaded borg-like Broad Mites, and conquered them all through natural methods, as organic as possible.

Back in the day, as an intrepid grower, it was delightful receiving $5,000/lb. for super premium LA Confidential and other Top Shelf strains in my menu. Those daze are over. I’m now only growing a few plants outdoors in SoCal for myself and a friend who is a disabled combat-experienced veteran.

This batch of plants is in OceanForest soil. They were started with leftover DynGro Grow and ProTekt Silica. As an experiment, DG Grow will be discontinued. They will be fed with using MegaCrop and Sweet Candy and 5-stage filter RO water. Protekt will be used to raise the pH, and organic lemon juice will be used to lower the pH of the nutrient solution.

The strains are Girl Scout Cookies X Trainwreck, Banana Kush, and Bruce Banner X Cherrygum (Cherry Pie X Bubblegum). I was hoping that Candyland would be part of this, but the seeds didn’t sprout.

Time permitting, I will post photos, and try to bring value to the forum.

Mind how you go, and have a stupendously potent, huge harvest!

14 Likes

Go Flyers Go… Have been a Flyers fan longer than you have been alive…lol :+1:

The Good Old Broad Street Bullies…

Peace
DaFozz

3 Likes

@ceecee, if you have an enclosed back porch you could bring them inside for a few days. It helped my plants this year. My plants were just craving a few days of steady environment it seems. It’s been a roller coaster of weather so far.

3 Likes

super appreciate the translation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to see you back … :smile::+1:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m from Brazil, I started planting in 2010 and I’m in my 30’s. Although I never smoked I am very fan of the bodhi genects only once I got to buy I paid 3x the value and still my cats ate all 9 that will sprout with 4 days. Here in my country most of the people who plant do not think of genetics just in fashion names, a little for lack of vontate, and another part for the difficult access to true creators like bodhi, karma, ace values ​​is also a barrier by example 1 pack bodhi of $ 70 glg in my country’s currency is 1/4 of a 30 day salary.
At the moment I have some f2 biker kush and crosses with 2 male biker kush

9 Likes

Quite the resume there! How did you manage to defeat ‘the borg’?

Welcome to OG all!

2 Likes

Welcome Shanti-ri, You in Brazil want our genetics and we in the US want your genetics, lol… crazy world, huh? There are a lot of fantastic growers and people in general. Hang around a while and get comfortable with peeps. You’ll end up with some cool stuff to try eventually. Lots of trading and giveaways here once you are better known. It only takes a month or so or maybe better…

This is a fun site with a lot of very cool stuff going on. It should lift you up pretty good. It’s fun enough and so packed with good info, that it’s easy to stay around.

Those Biker Kush and the crosses should give you some awesome smoke while you hang out and get to know folks. Happy grows! peace

7 Likes

Really a crazy world. Reading the forum I noticed how kind and considerate the members so I decided to register.
As for the genetics here I have some home crosses but I do not know name of anything, it would be great to see someone more organized plant my homemade crosses since I can not plant all of them so I always do few and I end up losing names.

The biker kush I’m trying to preserve the genetics, I have about 4 males and I do not know what is the best keeper, I think of reversing them to see which one really does not know, it’s difficult for me to sacrifice them. I crossed karma biker kush f1 with a Barneys Farm - Pineapple Chunk (pineappleChunk x biker kush)
and also with Ayahuasca Purple, let’s see what’s coming.

9 Likes

@Steve88 @Shanti-ri welcome to the page guys.

Can’t wait to see some of your sticky icky budz :v:

3 Likes

I have a cross with Pineapple Chunk and it’s dank as hell. Never had it straight up. It must be special.

1 Like

I am from Oklahoma,

Currently in second run DWC , have never grown indoors and it is quite tedious. Replacing mother nature for optimum bud can be very challenging. I am always trying to improve and learn new techniques. Thanks for the invite.

10 Likes

@TWISTEDWHIG welcome and glad to have you and welcome all other new members! Please tag me in your grows so I can come check them out!

3 Likes

Welcome @TWISTEDWHIG. Having access to the forums 24/7 will really speed up the indoor process for you. Environment is the key; humidity, air circulation, temp., with some fresh CO2 in the mix. It sounds easy but can be a bear to get dialed in, depending on the region of the country you’re in.

You’ll get hooked as far as being able to control all of those things to get perfect bud, compared to the hit and miss gamble of growing outdoors. I was all outdoor for years and I still love it, but indoors has a lot of plusses… electric bill not being one of them.

Congrats on the legalization in OK! Life is all different after that! peace

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m from Massachusetts and I started growing last year. I learned to grow through the many forums and message boards out there and now I hope to learn and contribute here as well! I feel there is just so much to learn and so many stories and perspectives to read about and it makes me excited! Seems very friendly here! I never grew or taken care of a plant until now and I love it! So far i’ve grown white widow and ogkush gifted to me by a friend and a clone of Purple trainwreck X Goo. Cloned them and continued growing and now im on my 4th crop running some local beans.

Hope everyone is doing well out there!

10 Likes