Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Right, unsulfered just indicates that sulfur dioxide was not used in the sugar processing, not that sulfur was somehow removed. :wink:

6 Likes

Hey all

I haven’t grown since 2004, displaced CW refugee (cannabis world) due to job restrictions (US) and my wife coming over from another country, and going through the legal process, I had to stop growing and smoking :frowning: (except xmas day, never missed smoking on xmas day since the 70’s)

I am now on disability and very close to retirement and have signed up on a few forums, haven’t posted or introduced myself as of yet on any of them as I am lurking and reading as much as possible because a lot has changed over the years. I will probably use this as my templete for the other forums as well :slight_smile:

I only have a little 400w hps light that will do me ok until I change over to 1 or 2 315’s cmh or led (qb’s) the latter probably not, expensive, my wife would divorce me :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t started growing yet, hopefully within a month or two, and I have some bagseed to get back in the groove with, and on CW I was gifted some g13bw x ghaze x c99 that I really liked and still have some left, yes, old seeds, but, worth a try for me :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hi @piper, welcome to the Overgrow.

Looking forward to your growing experiences. We are are all sharing and learning together, here. Some great growers here will most certainly help you with any questions or concerns, refreshing your memory, as you get back into it. :+1:

6 Likes

I´m new here too but welcome =)

8 Likes

all I can say is that the weed had completly changed in terms of aromas comparing to its mother ( where I got the seeds from, and given that the seed was due to it being a hermy therefore no new genetics introduced)

2 Likes

Welcome to the new OG!
I spent plenty of time on CW back then.
I miss the entertaining antics of ViRedd and Medicine Man.
I hope you settle in here as you resume your pursuit of the very greatest hobby in the world!
Have fun.

5 Likes

Thanks all for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

It’s going to take a few grows, hell, maybe more to get back into it, but, it’s a great hobby and free meds, I only had 6-7 grows under my belt at cw, so, i am a noob, cant’ wait to learn from others and hope to make my mistakes early and learn from them, I was bongmaster at cw

7 Likes

Welcome to all the new peeps. It’s nice to see a lot of you jumping right in and getting active on the forum. I’ve been enjoying reading about your grows :v:

5 Likes

Welcome, welcome! we have fun here! And we have all skill levels so feel right at home. peace

3 Likes

I’m an old hippie that hadn’t done a grow in 40 years until this year. The vast amount of information and advice on sites like OG helped me filter through all the urban legend bs.
Used Super Skunk fems indoors and grew 6 plants. Vegd around 8 weeks, flowered around 8-9 weeks. Kept ph around 6-6.3 with nutes. Gave em all a molasses flush for the last two weeks. Harvested when the trichomes just started to get a little red.
I must say this is some bad sh-t!! MUCH more potent than the crap back in the 70s in fact it the high resembles the stuff we had back in Nam!
We’ve come a long way and still climbing.

19 Likes

Welcome to OG Buford Maddogg Tannen. I watched back to the future 3 last night lol.

5 Likes

Welcome @Maddogg! You’ll have fun here. It’s got a little bit of everything!

3 Likes

Just remember to leave your hardware with the deputy lol.

2 Likes

Hey bro, lots of us around here. I only got into full time growing about 4 years ago or so. I grew some outdoor back in '97 and not much before that except for the late 70’s. The forums are the way to go. It’s easy to find like minded people and having someone else pass on information to help you avoid mistakes along the way, and really speeds up your learning curve.

One thing for sure, pot is still just as easy to grow as it was in the 70’s before we knew much of anything, except that we had a bag full of seeds in our Mexi brick weed.

Most of the best grow stuff to me these days is the indoor science and the living soil revival. Weed loves good organic microbe rich soil and once you get the indoor “environment” (humidity, temperature, and fresh air/CO2 flow) dialed in, the sky is the limit. Of course, this is my opinion and I like soil. There are many ways to grow and some of everybody are here. I still like outdoor, too, but southern Colorado weather can be really harsh. As long as your prepared for it, it’s an excellent place to grow outside.

Hope you get hooked like the rest of us. With so much legalization around it’s really exciting. It’s like going back in time and getting to do what you imagined as a teen back then, heh. I love the canna community. They’re some of the most genuine people on earth. You’ll see that here. peace

9 Likes

I love weed, it’s the best plant on earth… or at least one of the best, it does amazing things for enabling me to walk, and for dealing with pain and sleep…

My boyfriend, jdemo75 told me I should start an account so that I could learn more and help him more with his growing… for the past few years I’ve listened and mostly just enjoyed the fruits of his labors, and I’d like to become more connected with him and involved in what he’s been doing, and so his advice was to start here.

When I first met him, I was one of those people who had all sorts of misconceptions about what cannabis was, believing all the war on drugs propaganda that had been put out… then his patiences and educated explanations helped shift my perceptions a bit. However it wasn’t until I started dealing with extreme pain that drugs from the doctors couldn’t touch before I actually really considered anything he’d said…

And now, here I am 4 years later joining this community and an avid supporter of the benefits of cannabis.

Looking forward to learning more!

19 Likes

Welcome to OG Dragonwillow, Yeah weed is good for pain and inflammation, certainly helps me.

7 Likes

:slight_smile: yay! You got started!

7 Likes

Is this the Bodhi Anonymous group?

Hi, I’m PlantShepherd and I’m a Bodhi addict… :nerd:

15 Likes

Haha, :upside_down: seems like you are in the right place #bodhi :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Pablo83 here…new to group and thanks for having me. Indoor so far led and cob setup…no till sips and probiotic/organic soil…amendments, teas, and grokashi. looking forward to learning and growing with you all. thanx​:sunglasses::alien:

12 Likes