Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

At this exact moment, newest contact here.

I come from the South in the U.S., first grow (2 plants) started back in June, doing o.k. so far, I hope to do better on the next run which I plan to start in a few days. I’m hoping to get a time frame on how much I need to last me through as I grow and so forth.

Regards,

mike28086

Quick update 2017-09-22:

White Widow hermied on me, now outside on back porch after a little pollen released in the room. I have read that pollen is dead after a few days, does anyone know if this is accurate? Unknown plant never got over 8 inches tall but had some real good buds on it.
2nd grow now in red solo cups for end of 2nd week all three plants are looking nice. I have my compost liming up, to mix with vermiculite and spagnum peat moss. Hoping this grow will go a whole lot better. I am waiting to move into grow room until I am 90% sure that the pollen that may still me there is a non-issue. Hopefully someone has some more information on this issue for me?

Regards,

mike28086

9 Likes

howdy folks,
I’m from the UK and remember my first smoke of cannabis so vividly. When I was 16, I was at a friends house, and as I pulled the smoke into my lungs I just saw a massive flash of blue light burst forth from my chest as I collapsed onto the lawn, coughing my guts up. Really odd :smiley:
Anyways, I love cannabis, the way it changes my consciousness, amplifies my taste buds, deepens my appreciation of music and people and fires my imagination.
I also hate the way it closes me off, makes me paranoid, takes away my confidence and sometimes sets me into an anxious depression.
still, nothing’s perfect is it? I now only smoke weekends after nearly 30 years of being in love with this plant.
the last few years Iv’e grown a plant or two in my garden, so I don’t have to buy.
this year it’s gone bad and I’d like to know why so hoping you folks can help :smiley:
cheers

12 Likes

Thanks for stopping by! I assume we could help a bit. There is a FAQ section that might help also.

7 Likes

Hi all. Bury Seeds aka Roxbury Seed Co., based out of Boston, we’re a new company focused on new genetics and breeding, definitely taking advantage of the Prop 4 laws passed here in Mass last year, just looking to get our feet wet and find an online forum that we can call home, so we’ve decided on this one (though you can also find us on IG). Looking forward to building with all of you.

16 Likes

Welcome to OG @buryseeds, it’s apleasure to have you!

You are welcome to make a thread for your genetics and questions and answers.

HppHrvst

3 Likes

Hi all im also a massachusetts resident ; Im from the city of Boston.

15 Likes

I was born in Bourne, county city of Falmouth, that’s right I am the foul-mouth from Falmouth. No I don’t live there any more but I have a birth certificate to prove it.

9 Likes

@buryseeds Glad you came here. Welcome!

2 Likes

Hello guys my name is Sam, and i’m new to Overgrow and cannabis in general. Here’s a little about myself i joined the US Army when I was 18 served 3 years but decided to get out after trying Cannabis for the first time. it’s been a year exactly since i’ve been a freeman but now i want to get into the business of growing but i have no idea of where to start. Like how to get seeds and where to get the materials to grow ? I lived in Los Angeles for a couple months but now i reside in Houston where the cannabis culture isn’t as accessible. Where do i go from here ?

11 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @SonofSam, i find your handle particularly hilarious, loved the movie. LOL

Refer to the Grow FAQ for basic information on where to start and the different techs to do what you need. If you have any doubts, there are a ton of people here willing to teach and share…

HppHrvst

Sorry about Houston and the storm, are you all ok?

5 Likes

Thank you @MadScientist it’s a story I love to tell.
Also thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Its not so bad where i stay i’m up in North Houston we can still drive around for now but it may not be possible after Wednesday. The rain is suppose to stop on Friday and then we can start rebuilding.

6 Likes

Best of vibes out to every Texan in need. Welcome again bro!

4 Likes

Don’t start a grow until you are all safe! Welcome.

5 Likes

Don’t buy seeds to your place.

DON"T TELL ANYONE.

If you need to talk about it and BRAG… LOL, that is what Overgrow is here for…

4 Likes

I like the saying “no smell, no tell, no sell”.

7 Likes

I’m gonna need to remember that one @ReikoX!?

1 Like

Hello @SonofSam. Be careful down there. Houston can get sketchy fast after a hurricane. There is a lot of good pot around there if you are patient. Take a mini vacation out to Austin, the herb is a bit easier to find.

4 Likes

I’m from upstate ny, still young but have been growing outdoors and indoors since about freshman year of high school. I never really got to serious with it in previous years and it was always just throw it in the ground and let it grow or use some rigged cfl lighting in a small homemade box. In the past year I have gotten more serious about trying to produce some high grade cannabis. I’m currently using a 2x2x4 with a viparspectar 450w led light and have been having what I would consider “nice” harvests. Outdoors I have 1 large og kush and 2 sour chillumbian growing from genetics I got from a friend, he actually turned me into this site and used it in the past for trading allot of cuts and seeds. I guess my main purpose here is to just learn more about growing and hopefully be able to obtain some new genetics!

14 Likes

Welcome to OG @Ny_pifftrain, we hope you have a good time with us, and please show us pics of everything… It’s the best way to get to know what we are all doing…

HppHrvst

3 Likes

I used to live in Rochester, welcome to the club, I could give you the official New York greeting if it makes you feel at home. Or not the others wouldn’t understand. Feel free to look around but watch out for hoodlums.

5 Likes