Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Thank you. I changed my user name to PapaDan, which is what my family calls me.

7 Likes

Welcome. I’m new myself. I’m hoping to learn some good info.

5 Likes

@Viva_Mexico @ryasco Many thanks. Pleased to be here. Look forward to reading your posts.

7 Likes

:wave: Hi and welcome! :seedling:

1 Like

Hello,

Tylerkewl here… Just moved back to SoCal… Getting a new veg room up and running. I have Wedding cake, Cherry Gorrila, GG#4, Orgasmic OG, Pineapple Express, and Double Dream. Just got them going a few weeks ago… And have a fricken ton of more work to throw in my veg room…

Running about 300watts at the wall of led until I get around to finish the venting and hang the HIDs

13 Likes

Welcome @Tylerkewl, make sure you start a grow diary so we can follow along.

1 Like

Hello @Tylerkewl! Nice to have you here. :grin:

All right!

Welcome @Tylerkewl

Can’t wait to see your grow thread.

99%

What’s up? I’m peat.

I started using computers back in the 1980s with the TI-99 and TRS-80. I then got a 386 and started using BBSes, etc. Around came the 1990s, and I used a netcom.com shell account for a while. Some friends and I used a PPP script in Linux to view the web from our dial-up accounts. Windows95 and OS/2 Warp fixed all the troubles that people were having connecting their home machines to the internet, and it was open season. I started getting big into web forums around 1997. The hosts on the lyceum were fun, and I found this place around the late 1990s.

Here’s where the weed ties in: I started smoking around 15 - I guess - and began growing shortly after. I got into growing because I didn’t want to get shwag anymore, so I tried growing some of the seeds from the bag. Three seeds popped and one survived. Luckily, it was a female. I ended up growing it for a few months indoors before planting it outdoors. I’m pretty sure that I used Miracle Gro 7-7-7 and watered with a lawn sprinkler. After cutting off the mold, I had around 18 ounces. This was way before I found overgrow, and needless to say “I was hooked growing weed.” Finding this place when I got started was a godsend.

I don’t really have a weed resume, but I’ve smoked a bunch all over the world. I started using Marinol around the same time I started growing, but I think that Marinol was meant to get people off of weed at the time. Our 215 law in CA went into effect in 1996, and one of the first weed clubs that I went to was two guys sitting in the living room of a house selling weed. Anyways, one of the patients had an address for a club in Berkeley, so I started hitting up clubs in SF. Go figure. After a while, I end up going to Berkley. In like 2003, I started going to some weed club in BC, Canada for a while. Hit up Amsterdam a few times. Checked out Rotterdam as suggested here: that place is cool. After that, weed pretty much went recreational.

Here’s a pic of some of the gear I’ve gotten since the first of the year.

Here’s what I’m smoking on. The top is GDP, and the bottom is Dosi-dos. I don’t care too much for GDP, but the Dosi-dos smokes like an overferted rhino.

And, here’s how i’ve been smoking. I lost the down-stem somehow, so it’s mostly just a shotgun. I had other pipes, but now I don’t.

Man, there is so much more I could say in this intro, but I know it’s gotten too long already. I recently graduated university, and I have been learning new programing languages/building servers along the way. I hope to put some threads up that document the construction of my latest grow boxes, and I just got back into Arduino. It’s great to see this place up again. I hope to be able to help others understand growing weed the same way overgrow has helped me since shortly after my first grow.

p.s. I wasn’t sure how Metadata is removed from pictures, so I removed it all myself (exiftool on linux cli). Also, is there 2 factor authentication on overgrow?

13 Likes

Welcome to OG, @peat! Great intro!

Metadata is removed… (see our Privacy policy). We don’t offer 2-auth, that would be probably overkill for OG (it is not internet-banking :slight_smile: )…

3 Likes

Welcome @peat! I have been to the Berkley coop a few times.

Hello @kroddersnic.

You too @Jrunyon.

Welcome to the show.

Introduce yourself. Make friends. Start a thread.

99%

1 Like

cool @peat if you browse around a bit or use the search feature you’ll find other growers using arduino and all sorts of hardware and software solutions

1 Like

From what I know there was guy (nick) named Rick which was owner of Marijuana.com and had it linked with GardensCure.com and HempCultivation.com. It was online till 2008. The climate at that time was nowhere near as forgiving as it is today. Also it was around the seizure of OG servers.

Around that time he wanted to quit the scene so he sold the Marijuana.com for confidential price (It later sold for whopping 4.2 million dollars) and took other sites offline to focus on non-cannabis related activities.

I’ve bought HempCultivation.com in 2016 in auction just to re-instate it as kind of historical archive and also to redirect some traffic here to Overgrow.com… There are some messages of yours archived.

4 Likes

Wow! I was surprised and happy to hear there is still some of my old posts around in HC.com!
So sad to heard also all the stuff that happened back in those years, wouldn’t imagine that this sites will get busted, but as you said things with marihuana were not as open as today, in fact California now allows recreational use of it.
Anyways, thanks soo much for the little history and thanks much for founding some of my old posts!
Greetings from Mexico!

7 Likes

Hello all,
Just getting started after 50+ years of lighting up. Ready to try my hand at horticulture. I am a transplant to TN from MN. Lived in CO before that. Hope to gain some knowledge here, and in time, be able to provide some too. Happy 420 tomorrow!

12 Likes

Welcome to OG, @SkyDog!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @SkyDog
You will find all of the information and help you may need here at OG.

In no time at all, you will be producing bodacious buds!

2 Likes

Hello @SkyDog

Glad you joined the forum.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

1 Like

Hello OG community! I would like to introduce myself and say thank you for having me. I’ve been growing since 2009 or so. I’ve taken a break or two, but just can’t stop growing. I love this plant!

Anyway, I’ve got a few strains going right now, they are F13 X Blueberry (Beanhoarder), Garlix (Greenpoint), Dynamite Diesel (Greenpoint), Roadkill Unicorn (Bodhi), Goji OG (Bodhi), Cherry Cake (SOC), and Bubble N squeak #2 (SOG).

I’ll post some logs with pics for those interested. Gonna be an OD grow this year.
Peace.

12 Likes