Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

2 posts were split to a new topic: The Vault - Cannabis Seed Store

I’ve been here a while and posted all over but never posted here. Firstly if anybody asks, I’m not here lol. Ok. Story time. In 2002-2003 I moved out to the country in northeast Missouri and there I met an old hippie ironically named Dave. Well hippie Dave grew his own buds outdoors and had been doing so since the 70’s. After hanging out with hippie Dave, young Dave learned everything he had to know about growing this beloved plant. It blew my mind because at this time the only buds, if you want to call them that, that I was getting and smoking was brown frown Mexican swag. So this bud and the fact that he grew it with little to no effort. That summer I get my first plant in the woods behind my house. It was so skunky that thinking back I wish I had some seeds from it. From there I made it my job to learn everything I possible could about how to grow the plant “better” which led me to use advanced nutrients and other harsh chemicals like that. After many years of growing like this I started watching Mr. Subcool and saw his his super soil worked I got hooked on how it worked. Namely why or how a soil could be “hot” for plants which lead me into soil science and the soil food web and all that good organic stuff. All in all I’ve grown consistently for the past 8 years and off and on before that.

12 Likes

I have spotted a couple of times bro! Thanks for the intro, nice to hear how you got started!

@DavesNotHere

1 Like

Nice bro. I’m from north east Missouri

3 Likes

I would love to drive around MO and check out the scenery and all… I check out the Arc at St Louis…

2 Likes

High everyone!? It’s been a while. Good to see OG has risen from the ashes and lives again!! Long live OG!! I’m more of an observer but will try my best to be more active and post informative things for you all. I hope you are all well and look forward to talking with you all on here :v::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Welcome @BobbyDread! Nice you found your way back!

2 Likes

I look forward to your participation and welcome @BobbyDread.

3 Likes

@BobbyDread, welcome aboard friend great posters are always welcome here.

2 Likes

Good to have ya on board @BobbyDread Welcome!

2 Likes

Good Day to all
I’m kinda new to growing. I had a couple crops growing in our greenhouse over last two years. This year I got ripped off so now scambling to get my medications. I’m setting up indoor grow now. I have a 4x6x7’ tent coming this week. Ordered a 6" exhaust fan, ducting, with fan controller. Also got 2x 400 Matshydro 2 lights. I still have to get intake fan and filter as well as two 6" clip on fans for circulation. I have started 6 seeds 2 White Russian 2 northern lights 2 critical. So much they are all up and showing first set of leaves. I’m thinking of going with 5gal smart pots ??? If I can figure out how to load pics will show my four plants ripped from greenhouse. I hope this is correct place to post this. Any comments more than welcome

17 Likes

Welcome @Jaybud! So sorry to hear about getting ripped off. That is something that will happen less often with legalization i hope.

1 Like

I sure hope so. I’m 99.9% it was people next door. Cops said can’t do anything without proof

2 Likes

Howdy. I’m a part-time grower and pollen chucker, hoping to find some interesting convos here . Got an invite by a fella named LemonadeJoe, and thought I’d pop in to see what the scoop was. Soo…HI!

13 Likes

Sorry man those were pretty, but most likely ripped by someone you know. My advice is only one person can keep a secret, welcome to our club

4 Likes

No one new they where there except the guy next door. But cops said without positive evidence nothing they can do. So now gun shy to grow in greenhouse next year. If I put cameras up they will still rip it off but maybe catch them a charge. But I’m still out of meds again right.

5 Likes

Those pics where taken one week before the rip off and just finished doing stock splitting and was days away from starting flushing.

3 Likes

Hello @Jaybud and @alphakronik! Welcome to OG! It’s nice that you found us!

Sorry to hear of the robbery - it’s always someone you know. 99% of robberies are inside jobs. So frustrating! A friend of mine who is an injured veteran lost his biggest and best plant right out of his vegetable garden.

And his plants were legal, since we have legal weed. Sadly legalization doesn’t stop thieving assholes. Big dogs can stop them though!

4 Likes

Hard to trust people nowadays huh!?

1 Like