Is Overgrow having security issues?

I cannot connect via HTTPS, and the certificate appears to be invalid.

11 Likes

Looks like their security certificate expired today. I am only on now with a Brave Browser after ignoring the security implications in Advanced options.

6 Likes

Sadly, until the SSL cert gets updated, the site will be down.

2 Likes

The only way I could get on was using private browsing mode……

4 Likes

Took me a minute to figure out how to get on here I thought it was something to do with my phone and I just started coming on here recently but I love it haha

3 Likes

Joe will work it out!
Right now the handshake is more like the middle finger……

3 Likes

This can be fixed in 5 minutes, but they do need to renew their cert, then bind it to the HTTPS port in IIS / Apache / whatever they are hosting it on the web server. I did this the other day at work for 1 of our sites.

You will see alot of web sites start to show this over the next year. They used to allow you to issue web site certificates for 2 years, but now the max you can get is 1 year. If someone isn’t paying attention to the renewal date, this happens, but as i said, easy to fix.

8 Likes

Yes, but here we are, 9+ hours after @Howard.Crane’s initial post. I use a Tor browser, so I’m a bit more insulated, but getting “Connection Not Secure” messages when visiting a cannabis grower’s website is not ideal…
happy grimace

7 Likes

Indeed. I think I won’t be doing any large photo updates for a while, until this is fixed. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, its scary seeing messages in the browser like that. 5 minutes by the way is if you know what your doing and have all the credentials to do it. All depends on who has ownership of the domain, who’s paying for the cert, and how fast the Cert authority they buy from issue the new cert.

2 Likes

I use Namecheap for my website and they do the certificate work for me if I ask them to (no service fee). It takes longer for me to type out my request in their chat box than it takes to execute my request.

Oh, and I get warning email days in advance of anything expiring, so there’s really no good reason for it to even happen.

3 Likes

Be nice for them to come on and keep Us in the loop buttttttt that doesn’t seam to be happening

1 Like

He’ll see the problem the next time he logs in. Hopefully.

6 Likes

Yeah, it should be done in advance, but if your never notified, or the last person who took care of it is no longer doing it, it is not easy. I pointed it out to Joe last night when i noticed, but he was not able to respond. Maybe they can’t see stuff here yet.

4 Likes

I believe @toastyjakes has reached out to Joe but Joe is pretty busy with his new baby. I am sure he will get the certificate updated as soon as he can.

12 Likes

That’s a relief!
I was beginning to wonder if it was 2006 again…

Cheers
G

10 Likes

I had problems connecting also. Thought OG was shutdown.

1 Like

I had to go into therapy while it was down.

:green_heart: :seedling:

11 Likes

I was all OCD hitting the site every hour… "is it there yet?.. is it there yet?..
:laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Same for me, lol

2 Likes