Is this a giant trichome

These were the best pics I could find. They’re a little clearer

6 Likes

Looks like a nanner to me.

1 Like

looks like all the little white things around the pictures are trichomes. like they haven’t got their heads yet or some are just starting to get them.

although it does look like it could be if it is magnified a lot.

2 Likes

We need a picture of the cola in question.

The light saturation and zoom makes it hard to tell what exactly we are looking at.

1 Like

It could be emitting sap. Is it lint? :thinking:
But yes, we need better pics plz.

1 Like

@Cannalchemist40 trichomes are the resin glands all over the plant. That picture has about 5,000 trichomes. But to answer your question, though you have circled many trichomes, the big bloblike structure in the middle is not a trichome.
What’s the reason for your question, maybe that will help clarify things

2 Likes

@Cannalchemist40 The picture is a little blurry and washed out on my screen, but the circled object looks like a new pistil that has just started to shoot. The trichomes are the much finer, little translucent-outgrowths all over the surface of the bud.

2 Likes

Take a look at this for some Trichome info: :arrow_down:

Cannabis trichomes under the microscope

Check out the search function located in the top right hand corner of the screen. There is an abundance of information at this tip of your fingers. :call_me_hand:

No-- all those little glassy looking spikes all over are the trichomes…they are young and not headed-up yet.
That looks more like a new pistil that hasn’t uncurled yet. :green_heart: :+1: :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah I took the Pic before it was ready to harvest I think or I cut off a bud to check to see how close to harvest it was but I might have knocked them off from handling it too. Can’t remember. But the big white mushroom looking thing there couldn’t be a trichome could it. If only trichs were that big right. Or if it is figuring out how to force a the strain to produce them or breeding a strain from that one that has tons of trichs that big would be great. It’d be something like super potent natural moonrocks. Similar to hash tips.

2 Likes

Yeah. That’s my problem. I had a crappy camera and I’ve taken so many pics. I’ll try to find the Pic and post it

1 Like

I know what trichs are. I got a thousand pics of them but the shape of it and how it looks in the bad Pic is why I asked. I wish it was a clear Pic. Yeah I’ve read just about everything there in online about cultivation, and every subject having to do with it. I know there are different sizes and I read an article about a week ago talking about giant trichomes. That’s why I made this post to see if anyone had ever come across one that big. And if so I wanted ponder what would it be like if you could somehow breed a strain that produced all giant trichs like that. That would be very nice right. A suer hash plant

what was the size of the largest of these giants? you can breed for anything if you’re patient and lucky. or if you have a gene modification lab and access to crispr. not sure if you can diy a lab like that or not, but it would be fun to try.

A couple are pics from a different spot on the bud. I must have clipped that one early to press just to see cause I get impatient. The waiting is the hardest part.

Yeah that plant I had no info on the strain and I was having a hard time and now I know the reason was they didn’t even have trich bulbs formed. I harvested then too early too cause they were huge plants and the bud wasn’t that great from those plants. I burned them a little too. Well I say a little but it could have been a lot.

It was weird cause it they started growing pistils for a second time and I couldn’t figure it out.

1 Like

This bud I had to break the branch fiber to make it grow horizontal because it got so close to the light.

1 Like

You can kinda see it in the back how it’s bent

1 Like

this was my favorite. There were two that were just a little different from each other.

1 Like

No that bud had 1but on the back side and it was bright yellow. Like the color of bananas. It’s funny how they call them bananas right. You’d think they’d be yellow but then someone comes along and calls something g white a naner

Like the plant or the colas or the trichs. Cause the plants as you c as N see in the new pics were big. As I as and two indicas. The colas were like the size of a smaller nerf football the medium, but some had really tight nodes so I had some coke can sized colas where buds were tight along the branch making them look like 1.5to 2ft long buds. See the plants you see were crossed and femized and then I just planted the seeds from that and that’s what I got. Cause I like growing for the science so I welcome you me a fuck up. It teaches me and I want to fuck up as many times as it makes to get to know everything about cannabis and how it grows. I figure it’ll take longer if it’s by accident

1 Like