Is this a hermi 🤔?

Exactly 2 weeks into 12/12.

The node above this has pistils, but I’m not sure if these are just calyxs or pollen sacks ?

This would be the first real hermie I’ve encountered from fem seeds. It is a descendant of gorilla glue though so I guess it wouldn’t be that abnormal?

5 Likes

They do look like pollen sacks

7 Likes

Looks like sacks to me :-1:

3 Likes

I have gotten herms from female seeds too.

Well, one anyway.

4 Likes

darrrnnnnn…

Gonna have to keep an eye on the Gorilla CBD I have going… this one is headed for the bin…

4 Likes

That looks more male then hermi. If you wouldn’t have said they were fem seeds I would just assume male, but fem seeds, that’s definitely hermi and I’d say it wants to throw a lot of pollen by the look of those

4 Likes

Can you post another pic of the whole plant? If it has pistils and now developing balls I would think hermie.

4 Likes

Looks like a herm to me

2 Likes

I’ve never had a male plant before, is it possible it already pollinated something?

The other 3 plants in the tent only started showing pistils in the last 5 days or so, so there isn’t much to pollinate I don’t think…?

What’s weird is it actually grew balls first, I just didn’t notice. Only the most recent node started to throw pistils.

You can see a pistil at the top node:

5 Likes

I would say it hasn’t dropped any yet. You should be safe but I’d definitely get rid of it if you don’t want seeds.
If I even think I have a hermi I can’t sleep lol I’ve gotten up in the middle of the night before to get rid of it. Even if your making seeds you would still want to get rid of it. It’s a nasty trait to pass around

6 Likes

It’s headed for the bin as we speak :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

@Kushking902 @Foreigner @Esrgood4u @api312 @DougDawson

I think I have a SECOND herm in this strain.

This one is not nearly so bad.

Just a couple (I think) pollen sacs on the first 2 nodes:

Here is the upper part of the plant where no sacs seem to appear:

Should I pinch off the sacs and let her go? Or what are my options here?
Mandatory throw it into the trash?

3 Likes

Nevermind…

Found more sacs on the branches:

Damn…

4 Likes

Sometimes you can just pinch em and be ok, but yea if you’re getting pollen sacs on side branches, then you’re likely to miss one eventually. The first one looks more like a male hermie and that one looks more typical of a female hermie. Usually with the females I haven’t seen clusters, just single balls that eventually open a flower with pollen.

If you pluck it and peel it, you should see the anthers. If they’re there, then it’s definitely gonna shoot pollen on you.

7 Likes

I think I messed it up… I tried to peel them open but they were so small they just kinda fell apart…

Definitely pollen sacks on a couple branches though, right next to calyxes spitting out pistils.

I’ll definitely be paying a bit more attention from now on as soon as I flip to flower. :grimacing:

4 Likes

You can remove the sacks from the plant yes. You can also buy a product called “optic foliar switch” that can reverse a hermie that I’ve used myself on a tastebudz Back to the future #2 (also a gg4 cross) successfully last grow.
https://www.gtphydroponics.co.uk/shop/nutrients-boosters/optic-foliar/optic-foliar-switch/

5 Likes

Looks fully male to my eye, I just had one in a pack of fems too. :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve saved some mild herms mid flower. They threw a few balls on the bottom but only a few. I pulled them off and didn’t get any more. If you’re only a few weeks in you might be screwed.

3 Likes

What strain is that?

1 Like

Dinafem Gorilla CBD.

I’ve had pretty good luck with their strains overall, including their CBD line. Not so much with this one though :expressionless: