Is this TMV?

Its kinda hard to see in the picture but I’m noticing this plant has a marbled appearance to the leaves and they’re twisted slightly. It’s showing some of the symptoms so I’m worried about my other plants. If it is TMV what are the chances that it spread to all my other plants? What causes it? What do I do now? I’m realllllllly hoping it’s just a deficiency an I’m mistaken

4 Likes

From seeds? Unlikely.

Looks to be variegated. It’s nutrients related, I’ve had some bubblegum do it… they eventually come out of it after a couple of feedings

5 Likes

Okay good that makes me feel better. Never had a plant grow like this so it worried me

2 Likes

I’m sorry to disagree but it looks like TMV, patterns are too irregular, hope I’m wrong, time will tell … beer3|nullxnull

Captura

4 Likes

People continue to say cannabis can catch tmv when there has been no positive test results for it that I am aware of. Hemp mosaic and hemp latent viroid are what is being found not tmv.
That plant looks like some ive had from seed but they normaly only do it for the first few sets of leaf.
Weird things pop up when growing from seed though, I’ve seen semi variegated patterns, weird leaf abnormalities and all kinds of other odd little things but viruses can be spread threw seed so you may want to isolate that plant from the others.
Make sure the drain water dosent come into contact with other plants, don’t use the same scissors on it as any others , and it can also spread from pests like aphids, mites, etc.

13 Likes

Well damn bad time to have a aphid infestation :grimacing: This grow was going so good until yesterday :sweat_smile:

Will the plant still grow an flower? Is it worth growing out?

2 Likes
1 Like

Thank you I will mix some up tonight to treat them :green_heart:

1 Like

I’d spray them as suggested , aphids and other sucking insects can cause all kinds of weird coloring in the leaves with out any type of virus present. I’d get all the critters of of her and see if the new growth looks normal. Also the closer I look it appears it may be a partially nutrient related issue I’d guess a deficiency. I couldn’t help notice your thread I knew a girl named heather and her boyfriend was constantly lecturing me about tmv and how my plants would get it because I smoked around them :rofl: not saying it’s not possible but I’ve still never seen a positive test for tmv , it’s other types of mosaic viruses that are plaguing are community. I even recently saw ringspot virus on cannabis via pictures but it’s normaly a melon problem smh.

4 Likes

I see you are growing in an unusual plastic container, are there enough holes in there?
Soil looks plenty wet, overwatering?

Grow field vetch alongside your cannabis, it’s the favorite food of aphids and will lure them away from your cannabis. Companion plants prevent so many problems and help balance soil moisture. Only makes sense if you grow organic without bottled nonsense though.

5 Likes

@Heather420
I think those may be whiteflies.
Those can be tough.
@Foreigner did you say you had em?
Did you find an easy way to get rid of em?

I had em on rose of sharon and they were tough.
I used poison on those, but do not recommend that for you.
Maybe oil or sulfur but not both they react if you apply both, so one or the other, please.
Maybe someone else has better advice for whiteflies.

Good luck girl.

2 Likes

Here’s what they look like up close if that helps id them. They are the shape an size of a sesame seed

@Rogue I made sure to put holes on all corners side an bottom as well a few holes on the bottom center. I try to water very sparing because I did have a habit over over watering. I took this picture after I raised them off in the tub so there was definitely at lot of water. I’ve never heard of vetch, I’ll have to do some research

3 Likes

Looks like a aphid to me

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s whiteflies. They are quite obvious as they form a large white cloud over your plant especially if disturbed.

3 Likes

Scorched earth time, kill it & nuke the soil :japanese_ogre:

:evergreen_tree:sorry

3 Likes

I think I can trace the aphids. At the end of the grow season I noticed my broccoli plants absolutely covered in them, so I pulled the plants out. I must’ve brought some aphids in on my clothes 🫤 I didn’t even think of changing my clothes afterwards

2 Likes

I spayed all of the plants with soapy water, I don’t have any neem oil to use. The plants aren’t very happy with me, so sad looking

I took the two I was worried about an moved them into my old tent

5 Likes

Sorry :disappointed: looks like a scrap to me. Best to start over after decontamination procedures. Save yourself a lot of heartache.

2 Likes

For aphids? Not for aphids… they e-z !

8 Likes

What’s your technique? I did soapy water last night. I haven’t checked under the leaves that much today because the plants are already looking rough, I’ll try tomorrow

3 Likes