It’s MY most wonderful time of the year! 🙂

Toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls also make good containers you can plant and leave directly in the soil… Just fold over the end to close it off, fill with starter soil and off ya go!

11 Likes

Positive vibes @KanehB!

5 Likes

Thank you!

You as well @Tejas! :grin:

Let’s keep the positive vibes flowing. :cyclone:

5 Likes

Everything is looking soo great! :grin:

I can barely control my excitement! :star_struck:

23 Likes

Nice strain choices @Bobgrows really hooked you up!

5 Likes

Yes, yes she did. :grin:

I’m ever so thankful too. :blush:

6 Likes

Happy to do it!
Let me know what you think. I have a few more once we know what helps you.

9 Likes

New Toy! :slightly_smiling_face:

Going to plug in and play with this bad girl today. :nerd_face:

Also, might walk the two blocks to my local LCBO (Liquor Store) to p/u a bottle of Everclear! :sunglasses:

21 Likes

Handy I just have the little spy glass

1 Like

I misplaced that one in a move, this was on sale so I scooped it up. :slightly_smiling_face:

The little one worked great and I was fascinated with it when I got it. I must’ve checked out everything I could with it.

Thoroughly grossed my kids out, my daughter stopped chewing her nails that week! :grin:

7 Likes

I have one just like it… LOVE it… It does take a little finesse to hold it steady and focus at the same time, but with a little practice, its amazing what it will focus on. To me, this is a great tool to know where your trichomes are in terms of changing to amber. I have a few magnifying glasses and a loupe as well, but this thing is the most magnification I have, and it works a charm!

Looks like yours is a USB version, mine is Wifi…Guessing you use yours with a PC? The wifi one I can use on my phone or tablet, no software for the PC that I have found (unless I emulate android). I like the bigger screen on the tablet, gotta assume on a PC its even better :smiley:

Enjoy it, you’ll be looking at all sorts of cool things on your plants and even be able to identify different types of trichomes with it (yes, there’s more than 1 type of Trich) lol

3 Likes

Looks just like mine as well, I’m betting most of the cheap Chinese ones are basically the same. Mine is also USB, there’s a program you can download. I’m fairly sure it has an app for phone/tablet as well, though I do prefer my laptop; this one just plugs in rather than WiFi and it’s half the price.

I’ve found that as far as taking decent, in-focus pictures the stand really helps. I usually put mine in the stand with the snap button on the right side rather than the left so that it’s easier to aim, though the instructions seem to be telling me the snap button should be on the left. That way everything comes out upside-down and backwards though, so it’s not exactly intuitive…

I’m sure if I cared to go and buy a separate, telescoping stand to really hold it steady, it’d do even better; the one they included is what you’d expect, considering I paid $10 for the whole package. With 4’ plants, I suspect my stand will not be working quite as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I think Santa’s bringing me one of those for Christmas. :innocent: :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Just pulled up a chair :chair: joints are rolled and ready :grinning:

Love the new light and genetics. I have the same scope, works good.

Looking forward to seeing this grow!! :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve been playing with it on the “computer” I have….the poor thing (PC) is so ancient it groans when I plug it in. :rofl: Then it had palpitations when I plugged the microscope in.

I do have an adapter, as I’m an “idevice” as opposed to android user; which I use to watch online movies from my iPad on my TV. I’m wondering if that would work to run the microscope.
That would make this a bit more functional in that I’d be able to move around…other than that, I’m happy with it.

I’ll keep my eye out for wireless upgrade, perhaps a future Mother’s Day gift. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Lmaooo. Poor computer, lol.

I hope the scope works for the ipad with the adapter for you.

3 Likes

So glad to have you along. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy Thanksgiving :turkey: weekend.

Even if the adapter is a fail, I’m still so pleased it works at the desktop. :+1:t2::laughing:

Kinda feel super scientific. I wanna look at everything under uber magnification and use words that break the mayonnaise rule in regular conversation. :face_with_monocle: :tophat::rofl:

4 Likes

The LCBO has Everclear?
I looked high and low a few years back w/o success.

Ended up building my own still… :laughing:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

They have it on order, :woman_shrugging:t3: I’m to check back next Wednesday. :smirk:

In the meantime they do have an alternative called “Spiritus”, I have never heard of this stuff to this point, but am tempted to pick some up for shits and giggles, and JIC. :wink:

I will keep y’all posted. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I bought one of those awhile back, didn’t work on iPhone or post 2015 android. Keeping it around though for when I eventually replace my broken laptop(cats knocked a Diet Coke on it)

I like the egg carton idea, might have to give it a shot. Solo cups ain’t cheap and I almost always end up just tossing them instead of reusing cause I’m lazy :sweat_smile:

2 Likes