It's Winter in SW Michigan

Yeah, the first snow that’s gonna stick this winter…
3 inches of snow for SW Michigan tonight… winter weather advisories, etc.

MOTR’s thinkin’ – 3 inches? What a bunch of pussies!
3 feet might be more impressive :slight_smile:

6 Likes

that’s it here in upstate NY 2 - 3 feet is a challenge

3 to 6 inches is just a pain

7 Likes

I lived in Canton, NY when I was little (up by Canada)…
The snow was deep enough to tunnel under it all around the yard :snowman2:

3 Likes

Come down south and 3 to 6 inches might as well be 3 to 6 feet as these fools down here can’t drive in snow/ice

8 Likes

I was in Atlanta one time and they had a bit of freezing rain

those people left their cars on the highway walked

unreal

8 Likes

@avr1, @dequilo, I remember going to Atlanta… when it started snowing they closed down the whole city.
It wasn’t even sticking to the ground, but everyone freaked out!
Maybe too many bald tires?

4 Likes

I got a ticket for parking on street in DC during a winter storm emergency…it rained. I just left camp in da UP had 6-7 inches.

4 Likes

Hopefully it doesn’t stick. I’m getting hit tomorrow afternoon. They say 6”. I’m praying they are wrong.

5 Likes

But do you remember when toronto got a couple inches and called in the army? :laughing:

Coldest place on earth this weekend they said.

Wasn’t that bad - little brisk. Almost needed a toque.

5 Likes

The snow is coming down hard. It’s nice to look at for about 10 seconds…

6 Likes

Got a buddy that lives in grayling and 15 minutes to the north of him says they have 6 inches of snow his place looks like yours light skiff only .

3 Likes

SE Mich. About to go brush 2 inches off of the car.
Fun times.

1 Like

SW Michigan - at least 5 inches and it’s snowing hard again…
it’s coming your way, so might as well let it build up and then shovel/clear…
unless you’re outside for fresh air and exercise anyway :smile:

Supposed to be 17+ inches at the lakeshore…

2 Likes

Psshhh lol Winters coming VERY late here and enjoying it a bit with mid 40’s days and mid 30’s nights…too warm to snow :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice green weeds with everything else hibernating…gonna be a mess once it decides to set in here - maybe the summers “heat dome” will last til March :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Enjoy it while it lasts! Everyone has their snow blowers going tonight even though there’s only about 6-7 inches on the ground… I think the biggest snow has gone by us already today…
Fortunately I got the rest of the outside work done yesterday, hoses drained and stowed, etc.

3 Likes

We got hammered last night in SW Ontario. Chance of another 10inches bymid afternoon.

6 Likes

Its all gonna melt next week though.
Just stay cold ffs so we can get a good yr of ice fishing lol

5 Likes

5 Likes

Used to go skiing in the ‘snow belt’ area of NY. It’s crazy how quickly it piles up there. Nice snow too!

We got about 6" where I am, ain’t no thang lol. Although Canadians all need to relearn to drive in the snow every frigging year…

5 Likes

Here, too. I went out yesterday and figured it was a good idea to take it slow and get used to driving on the slippery stuff again :snowflake:

2 Likes