I've been hunting unicorns "Da Lat"

Pheno_fiend saved the Snowhigh reproduction yobigdaddy was doing and sent seeds from his own repro to us as well. Super cool he did that. I can’t wait to try them myself!

12 Likes

Cambodian weed: https://youtu.be/v1x827YtSJw?t=3302

4 Likes

thanks for sharing, was cool to see

1 Like

What an awesome thread. Took me a few days while on breaks to read it all but certainly had me at the edge of my seat! Thanks to everyone who contributed their experience with this wonderful strain.

4 Likes

Sounds like some pure sativa. :fire::fire:

3 Likes

I’m growing Vietnam Black from @YoBigdaddy and I must say, his sense of smell is impeccable. Some of the best smelling pot I’ve ever smelled. When someday he tells that he has found his unicorn, I’ll be clearing my schedule to pop some beans! Excellent taste my friend😁

11 Likes

Okay you got my curiosity up tell me more about this nympho you speak of

7 Likes

Hell yeah, this was a wild ride of a thread. I had Da Lat seeds last year but got thrips in my garden and it killed all of them. What a delight to finally get to see it grown out :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Just received this reply from a question I asked The Landrace Team:

" Hi we have some strains in the USA but not those you wrote sorry.

From within the USA we only have the following

SRI LANKA

ORUZGAN (AFGHANISTAN)

LEBANESE RED/PURPLE MUTANT

IRAN YAZD

and soon CRETE and VIETNAM DALAT"

So TLT will have some Dalat soon and in the US.

7 Likes

Yeah i heard about the upcoming Landrace Team Dalat. I asked if its an old Line he said yes, but im a bit sceptical about that.

ACE Seeds has a pure Thai from the 80s in the Catalogue now. Its probably not quiet Thaistick, but good enough for a nice Afternoon.
They announced they will soon sell to US.
thai_16272_1_20220131154349_

18 Likes

Ace said they will soon be selling in the US? I’m so happy to hear this.

6 Likes

Well, they’re already selling in US through Well Grown Seeds, but the packs aren’t their most recent yet, so the pure Thai isn’t yet selling in the US, but others are. They said they’re actively working on the legal process of getting packs into the US for sale.

9 Likes

Good to see you on here buddy🤙

Yup, Well Grown is stocking some of their lines and you can also grab them from the Mandala store, which just reopened in January and ships worldwide, that’s how I grabbed the Killer A5 and other newer lines last month.

9 Likes

You should be skeptical… Hmmmm…Dalat released just AFTER Snowhighs release. Surely a different one though lol.

11 Likes

When I first started researching thcv, I saw that the highest thcv strain the US Govt tested was Hmong/Meao Thai.
So I looked into this strain and then the culture. What I found was mind-blowing for me at the time. The Hmong people were refugees from Tibet from one of the many times China fucked with Tibet. So a bunch of Tibetanese people moved to northern thailand area and brought their genetics with them. It didn’t take long for their Tibet genetics to adapt and resemble Thai genetics

Then there’s Hawaiian webbed indica (ducksfoot) that is related to Australia.
La Reunion Island is very isolated and a great place to find old Indian sativa.
The list goes on.

7 Likes

You actually never want to freeze seeds.
To freeze seeds requires a looong process of removing moisture from the seed, and then a slow process of warming and rehydrating.

The best process is one of those lil mini fridges that students use in college dorms.
They freeze easily so I like to set the tempt to where it stabilizes around mid40’s to low 50’s F.

Also, people who dont refrigerate their seeds can have a tough time sprouting seeds as seeds often need a “winter” to trigger coming out of dormancy. This is especially true with fresh new seeds.
It makes sense, too. If seeds fall off a plant in fall and sprout, they will all die over the winter. So, its ideal that the seeds fall off the plant in the Fall, lay dormant through winter, then sprout when temps increase.

Fluctuating the temps really helps with old seeds.

4 Likes

Odd
That looks like almost pure Broad Leaf Hemp (BLH). Makes me wonder about selections made among people after DeWoo spread the seeds he got.
Also, it makes it evident that DaLat is not a pure Viet sativa drug cultivar. Kind of a shame, but this also may provide novel cannabinoids, just as Hmong sativa has novel cannabinoids compared to neighboring regions - because they bred NLH with NLD.

Id like to make another F-gen or two of Dalat, only selecting for long-flowering NLD and see what happens.

For my Screaming Eagle '65 project, I will be combining Hao Bac, Da Lat, and V. Black. Perhaps I also need to add in some Cambodian - I wonder if its easier to find pure sativas in Cambodia than it is in Vietnam.

5 Likes

Newbie here, so glad someone is working on a Vietnamese strain. Always wanted to try a sativa from Asia. Anyone can point me in the right direction of obtaining some of these Vietnamese strain seeds? TIA.

4 Likes

Snow High seeds has several Vietnamese lines available. Pricy, but absolutely phenomenal.
You can email them for a list of current offerings/ prices.

6 Likes

Bump.

So, I’m thinning the 4x4 this morning. Thought I should show off my Dalats.

First two, stock came direct from @YoBigdaddy — I only kept females out of 12 (ended up with 2)

Huge difference in height & resin coverage between the two, as you can see. No noticeable terps.

The other five are indirectly from YBD via another forum member. Same deal — only kept females out of twelve. Note: only took two pics of 2/5

Now back to bucking.

17 Likes