I've got spider mites, now what do I do?

NOT TRUE…they laughed at your usage maybe, but not at Spinosad. Done CORRECTLY, it absolutely kills the little fuckers.
Im 5 weeks into my flip, started hitting them with Spinosad, Neem, Pyr, round Robin 3 weeks ago. Could not see a living mite yesterday. Still have eggs, but will keep up Spinosad every 3rd day, harvest will not be affected.
To each his own, why the world still works…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ive used Rosemary oil… 2 drops per gallon of water. Havent seen em since.

3 Likes

No it absolutely will not kill them. Sprayed every 3rd day for 2 weeks and it only got worse. Chopped the flowering plants and hit everything else with Floromite and they are gone after one spray. You can play with the weak shit all you want but I’m not playing with the fuckers anymore

3 Likes

Hey man,
Vernal is a great source of info, but I think he may be mistaken on the diatomaceous earth. I’m currently looking to find a mite infested plant to put in my garage under a 50w cob…I will apply the de and take pics along the way…I need to do this soon though, as fall and winter are creeping up quickly.
Does de make a mess?..fuckin’rights it does…is de effective, fuckin" eh it is!!
Mites (and bedbugs…and roaches) are the hardest things to get rid of…I can tell you that I had 100% success rate with 1 (ONE) application.

mites lay eggs in the stems and leaves …you do not kill a mite infestation with one application of DE

1 Like

To each his own. Maybe the spray your using with Spinosad does not work, but the one I have SURE DOES
My next harvest is proof if it…Sorry it did not work for you, I am NOT using anything else.

Not gonna argue with you, whats the point, you just used Floromite.

1 Like

I dont dust and then wash it off right away…I leave it for at least a week. Any hatched eggs are fucked before they can get their fangs into a juicy leaf.

Getting replies on kijiji for bedbug and mite samples to play with…I figure visual proof would be better for folks who may not believe me.

Hot Shot No Pest Strip
Cost about 7 bucks Mites are dead in 36 hours and they don’t come back assuming you let the strip stay.
It ain’t for tree huggers, hippies, Snowflakes etc etc though…

1 Like

Do these have something that attracts them then? I’ve used the fly strips(yellow ones) for FG but never used a sticky trap for mites?

If you’re referring to the No pest Strips, no, no attraction necessary, the vapor they release kills critters including mites

1 Like

Well thanks for the info man I’ll prolly buy some. Currently got SM in early flower so something I don’t have to spray that might kill a few mites! Yes please :blush:

1 Like

Kills more than a few, kills them all, cheap and takes about 5 seconds to install :slight_smile:
BTW plants are not affected either

Keep in mind the strip needs to stay at least through the life cycle of mites which is roughly 3 weeks, so you also kill the ones that hatch after the fact

1 Like

https://www.wired.com/2014/01/cdc-warning-misuse-pest-strips/

1 Like

It ain’t for tree huggers, hippies, Snowflakes etc etc though…

1 Like

Mites have a four day schedule. I’ve only had mites once indoor and treated successfully with a commercial product designed for edibles. The advice came from a highly who was lauded as one of the most senior experts in hydroponics in my country.
Who was working in my growshop ( the man I’ve done my research is a master) the grow shop did not have specific products in those days for my problems.
Treat the mites then treat again in four days to stop the eggs.
Use beneficial organisms as prevention is better than the cure!

3 Likes

Yep how did we ever survive before these new products at three times the price?
Healthy plant will get up spin in its pot in a roundhouse movement while knocking out your kids lippy mate then just blend in with environment :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give that a go.

1 Like

I used Flora-mite with great success.

1 Like

IIve Used Westland? A mainstream product that is putting money in bayers pockets alongside there recently acquired Monsanto!
It works you have too find products for edibles.
Pro biotics beneficial organisms are a better route. Prevention is better than the cure.
Stagnant air is a perfect breeding ground for primordial spore species, every now n then I do mycroscoppy for myself.
Air exchange is key, and a healthy plant fights off disease :seedling:

1 Like

I’ve read doing a sulphur burn kills them along with there eggs ! I’ve just tried my first burn using a homemade burner for mildew and noticed a huge improvement over night .

Simple and if it works I’ll be using this method in the future when the bugs show, in the past I’ve had decent results with Spinosad ,ladybug killer, neem alternating over the course of a week or two .

3 Likes